FE Roof Rail Crossbars-Why are they missing?

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I plan on using xplan as well for the FE...im expecting ~ 38, 500 for the base price. Is that about right if you don't mind sharing of course.
Xplan was $36982, not including the $1495 destination/delivery fee.
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So if I'm following this correctly, the FE is delivered without the crossbars but they are removing the 340 charge DIO?
Negative. They give you a ā€œwe oweā€ sheet with the crossbars listed.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I did call Ford Marketing and they agreed with me... just saying.

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Thanks for all the inputs to help clarify this.

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I fought to get the charge for the cross rails removed because it is listed in the xplan build and price as included on FE (optional on Badlands). Didnā€™t help that the original xplan tool had a $300 incentive that disappeared right when production started at the end of October so I was already annoyed. The dealership said they would make it up with my trade in (2013 Escape SEL), then they came back $3736 under the amount they offered me in a letter from the general sales manager at the end of August. Apparently it deprecated a lot in 4 months. In the end, they begrudgingly matched the xplan price I showed them from the Ford website (and I sold my car for $2k more than they offered). Oh, and I had to go back to request a refund for my $100 reservation since they didnā€™t deduct it from the invoice. The numbers worked out and I financed almost exactly what I planned so Iā€™m happy. I love my new Bronco Sport and Iā€™m glad I bought one - just need to get FordPass to work (Ford has to get the carā€™s modem entered into their system - they said itā€™s on their end). Good luck.
To throw in with the Ford pass thing it took about a week for mine to register in the system

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Mine showed up with the crossbars, but I was in a hurry to get out of the dealership and we forgot to address the issue. I had to go back and have them put them on a few weeks later, which was a real shit experience (the service dept. rep I got stuck with was awful).

Maybe I shouldn't have paid for them, IDK. I'm so sick of talking to the dealership, I'm just not bothering to follow up with them about this. I will definitely never buy a vehicle from them again.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Mine showed up with the crossbars, but I was in a hurry to get out of the dealership and we forgot to address the issue. I had to go back and have them put them on a few weeks later, which was a real shit experience (the service dept. rep I got stuck with was awful).

Maybe I shouldn't have paid for them, IDK. I'm so sick of talking to the dealership, I'm just not bothering to follow up with them about this. I will definitely never buy a vehicle from them again.
Which one, if you don't mind answering?

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which one, if you don't mind answering?
Fox Ford Lincoln in Chicago (only Ford dealer in the city). It was the closest to me geographically, so I was assigned to it by Ford when I made my reservation.

I bought a different car from Gerald Ford in Aurora in October and had a much better experience.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Fox Ford Lincoln in Chicago (only Ford dealer in the city). It was the closest to me geographically, so I was assigned to it by Ford when I made my reservation.

I bought a different car from Gerald Ford in Aurora in October and had a much better experience.
Thanks. I donā€™t go into Chi-town (no Blackhawks live this year, sadly). Gerald is pretty close to me (2 even closer). They were good at their Subaru dealership, even though we pulled out a deal with the 1st year Ascent (too long to build).

Just looking for a good place locally to do maintenance, seeing that I bought from Granger. I havenā€™t decided where I will be doing routine stuff, yet. Good to weed out any poor dealer for service.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I donā€™t go into Chi-town (no Blackhawks live this year, sadly). Gerald is pretty close to me (2 even closer). They were good at their Subaru dealership, even though we pulled out a deal with the 1st year Ascent (too long to build).

Just looking for a good place locally to do maintenance, seeing that I bought from Granger. I havenā€™t decided where I will be doing routine stuff, yet. Good to weed out any poor dealer for service.
Yeah, I had no issues with Gerald really aside from it being like 50 miles from my house. I had been shopping for a replacement of my wife's vehicle and they happened to have a vehicle to the exact spec we were looking for, so I went there.

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Hi, Guys
So..... I called Ford, Gave them my VIN, had them check the website, and they agreed that the crossbars should have been included. I have website build screenshots, as well as a case # from ford, just waiting on response from dealer. We'll see

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi, Guys
So..... I called Ford, Gave them my VIN, had them check the website, and they agreed that the crossbars should have been included. I have website build screenshots, as well as a case # from ford, just waiting on response from dealer. We'll see
See my earlier posts... went through the same process of calling Ford before going into the dealership and eventually building my FE and a Badlands on the Xplan build and price to show them it is included on the FE. In the end they matched the Xplan price with no charge for the cross rails. Good luck! :)

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Iā€™ll be calling Ford for another reason. I still havenā€™t received my crossbars.

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
See my earlier posts... went through the same process of calling Ford before going into the dealership and eventually building my FE and a Badlands on the Xplan build and price to show them it is included on the FE. In the end they matched the Xplan price with no charge for the cross rails. Good luck! :)
If you don't mind sending me that case number I would appreciate it..
Thanks again,
Steve Tillett

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If you don't mind sending me that case number I would appreciate it..
Thanks again,
Steve Tillett
They didnā€™t give me a case number - told me they agreed with me and that I could tell the dealership to call Ford Marketing. I took my laptop and used the xplan build a d price to build the FE and a BL and showed them that the cross rails are included on the FE and a $340 charge on the BL. All of the costs are shown in the different sections of the tool. If it was wrong, they had several months to fix it while we all waited patiently for our vehicles to be built and delivered. :)
Sponsored