Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Really curious about the AC living here in AZ. By speed do you mean the output volume? Were you engaged in the worthless Auto Stop feature that limits AC output?
Sponsored

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Can you test it going up hill? Passing other vehicles and report back if you felt safe or unsafe? Asking for others

Although it’s fast enough for me regardless, it would be interesting to know the 0-60 time if you have a stop watch
I have the 1.5l 3 cylinder big banks sitting in the driveway now. Driven about 130 miles so far.

- plenty of uphill power even on steep hills with 1 passenger

- car gets up and moving fast enough, I never have felt unsafe in pretty much any car though. I got it up to just over 80 and it performs well. Passing power is good. Not sure what you guys are on about feeling unsafe,only car I felt unsafe acceleration in was a Jeep Wrangler with a full lift kit and off road tires.

- driving in sport mode fully transforms the acceleration.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Really curious about the AC living here in AZ. By speed do you mean the output volume? Were you engaged in the worthless Auto Stop feature that limits AC output?
I actually have the car and have uses the AC and heat.

the push button AC is to adjust the automatic climate control. Basically you have 3 settings for how much air you want to have blowing on each setting. The dial on the side adjusts the fan speed manually. It seems to be user error/confusion from the above driver.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Then I'm assuming the AC output is as strong as any other vehicle at max fan speed?

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Just a quick update I'm going to be driving around a lot later so I'll post more impression later just FYI I tend to be very particular about certain things in cars so I'll post where I'm coming from before I give the review.

As for power lol it takes off like a rocket ship uphill or straight doesn't matter The second you start touching the gas pedal that thing is moving.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Another small update I probably won't post a full review till tomorrow to be honest.

I will say overall I'm very pleased with the fit and finish on the inside. It's definitely a step up from the escape that is based on The leather is super nice, has a real soft texture. Really pleasing to the touch.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Then I'm assuming the AC output is as strong as any other vehicle at max fan speed?
yes there are 3 ways to adjust the fan,
1) the knob that has a fan emblem and manually adjusts the fan With 7 increments
2) the auto button has 3 modes to control how fast the fan comes on during automatic climate mode
3) max A/C mode which as it sounds turns the temp to low and fan to high

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
So here goes on update for today I'm actually dictating this for my car so I might get a little wonky.

So for me I do a lot of driving I'll do like 30,000 a year on a car so the most important thing for me is I feel comfortable inside of it. I test drove both the Cherokee Trailhawk and the Bronco Sport Badlands The Cherokee Trailhawk was just much more comfortable for my body. I didn't fit very well in the broncos sport it seemed like the seating position wasn't right for me I just wasn't comfortable in there. I also have a bad right ankle and if the angle is wrong on it it gets sore and swollen and I couldn't get it in a comfortable position inside the Bronco.

other than me personally not feeling well in there I don't really have any real negative feedback too much for the car most of its personal preference. I didn't like the layout of the controls I didn't like the way Fords infotainment system worked but again that's a personal preference thing other people might be fine with those controls. The infotainment system itself worked flawlessly connected to my phone with ease used injured auto with no lag it it seemed really well put together.

The quality car is top-notch engine was great smooth super fast responsive materials were all nice everything fit together nice.

The layout is really convenient. they're really a good job thinking about how people are going to use the thing.

Another thing thing that I didn't like was the screens are all vertical. Even the dashboard screens. I'm much prefer screens that are tilted back to give a more natural viewing angle.

I was also displeased with the way the hood look from the inside those decorative lumps they put on the sides feels like they're in your way.

To be honest most those nitpicks I think I would have probably gotten used to if it was as comfortable on the inside to me as the Cherokee from a seating position I probably would have gone with the broncos still.

I know what kind of sounds like all negative stuff but if it wasn't like quality issues it was just things I think just weren't right for me and I think this is going to be a fantastic car for a whole lot of people.

I ended up getting a really good deal on the exact Cherokee Trailhawk I wanted so the other day I'm happy and I think a lot of you were going to really really like this car even though I didn't.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Oh did I mention it's fast as a bul let? The only way you're going to get an SUV as fast as this if you go up into the luxurious segments.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
To be honest most those nitpicks I think I would have probably gotten used to if it was as comfortable on the inside to me as the Cherokee from a seating position I probably would have gone with the broncos still.

I know what kind of sounds like all negative stuff but if it wasn't like quality issues it was just things I think just weren't right for me and I think this is going to be a fantastic car for a whole lot of people.

I ended up getting a really good deal on the exact Cherokee Trailhawk I wanted so the other day I'm happy and I think a lot of you were going to really really like this car even though I didn't.
Congratulations on the new Cherokee!
It is the nitpicks that make the difference when you live with a vehicle over time, good for you to take the time to carefully analyze and evaluate. And if you keep it a long time, a naturally-aspirated engine may prove worthwhile. Enjoy!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Cabezone thanks for the honest review. My wife's Subaru 2018 XT is perfect in every way except for the seats and the wonky infotainment system - any drive over 2 hours you better be booking an appointment with your chiropractor. I have a FE on order and it will be hear in a few weeks. At that price point I could spend a little more and get nicely equipped Grand Cherokee or Range Rover Discovery Sport.

Last edited:

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Thanks for the review and honest opinions. The Trailhawk is still a top option for me also. From the commercial reviews released today, I've seen hints of a few **potential** issues with the BS. I believe these are "first build" bugs if true. One reviewer had his BS overheat in 82 degree F. weather after "only 15 minutes of off-roading." Another reviewer noted it needed "constant corrections" on the highway at speeds over 70mph. These would be deal breakers for me, since I drive in very hot conditions and do a lot of long distance highway driving.

I doubt we will have any confirmation on the overheating issues until next summer, since anyone test driving now will be in winter weather conditions.

My biggest concern has been "first year" builds and potential bugs. I'm not nixing the BS yet, but these questions will need to be resolved 100% before committing.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Good review. What was your overall impression of the size of the vehicle?

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
It feels big, it's shorter than my Crosstrek was but wider. The width makes is feel largger than it is. The raised up square good also makes it seem large.

The actual interior was plenty roomy, I didn't get into the back seat but the cargo area seemed comparable to my crosstrek.

FYI I'm 6' about 240lbs and it had plenty of space up front for me.

I didn't notice the constant corrections, maybe the reviewer was confused about the lane centering....it's very aggressive. My only issue with the driving was I didn't like the way it cornered. However I'm coming from a Crosstrek which corners very well.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Thanks for the review and honest opinions. The Trailhawk is still a top option for me also. From the commercial reviews released today, I've seen hints of a few **potential** issues with the BS. I believe these are "first build" bugs if true. One reviewer had his BS overheat in 82 degree F. weather after "only 15 minutes of off-roading." Another reviewer noted it needed "constant corrections" on the highway at speeds over 70mph. These would be deal breakers for me, since I drive in very hot conditions and do a lot of long distance highway driving.

I doubt we will have any confirmation on the overheating issues until next summer, since anyone test driving now will be in winter weather conditions.

My biggest concern has been "first year" builds and potential bugs. I'm not nixing the BS yet, but these questions will need to be resolved 100% before committing.
I have the 1.5l so I know nothing about the overheating, but I can certainly tell you at 70 miles per hour all I do is drive, like I would in any other vehicle. I don’t have to make lots of corrections. These reviews seem very nit picky.
Sponsored