JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
This is so helpful! Easy to navigate and pretty well detailed.

It looks like a few items (light bar) are still in development, which is ok.
No push bar available yet.

What do you think about the paint protection package? Does that make sense for a vehicle like this?

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Donā€™t all sports come with an integrated keypad standard? Funny to see that they offer the cheap looking one as an option. Pretty good selection of other accessories. The light bar looks pretty cool.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is something I learned: My local dealer says that many of the accessories listed in the PDF and on accessories.ford.com are items you order from the Parts Department rather than from the factory. And if the item has a part number, you can likely order it now.

His recommendation: If you think a part is going to be popular (such as crossbars), go ahead and order it now so that you have it when you need it. The supply chain being what it is, there is no guarantee it will be available when you want it.

I have decided to switch from the factory crossbar to the Yakima crossbar (for reasons mentioned earlier).

Thought I would pass this along.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
The brochure is great! I am thinking of Yakima crossbars, too. Already have them. Just need risers.

I also like the door moldings!

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
soo goood. love the look of the platform rack vs a tradition cargo basket. so many things i thought i didnā€™t want / need lol

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I believe you need the key fob in your pocket or close by for the integrated key pad to work. The optional keypad will unlock the doors without the key fob around Iā€™m guessing
I have this in my current vehicle, all you have to do is touch it and the numbers will light up and are ready to use. No key needed (which would kinda defeat the purpose of having a keypad if you already had the keys nearby).

looks like the base doesnā€™t get the keypad. I guess thatā€™s why they offer it.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Lots of items to make a storm interception vehicle a reality. Thanks for posting.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Little things... but my big ones were the sill plates and the console lockers. Super dope. When I go snowboarding or golfing I hate taking an army of stuff with me, always feel like itā€™s in the way or Iā€™ll lose them out there.

But when I leave it behind Iā€™m like someoneā€™s gonna steal it.

These are fire... plus Iā€™ll have keyless entry... get out of town!

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Also... noticed itā€™s $170 for rubber floor mats... $170 for carpet floor mats... puts that discussion to bed. If youā€™re not getting a Badlands or First edition, not getting carpet floor mats sans one of the lower trims, forgot which one but I feel like their was a bone thrown for outer banks... might have been rubber there though.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wrote to Yakima support to get information about what Yakima products are compatible with the BS (such as what works with moonroof). I got a nice note back,

Right now, Our FIT team is till evaluating the bronco sport to see what passes testing. I have added your name to the list and email to make sure you will be notified when testing is done. At this time, I do not have a time frame on when this will be done since they have a lot going on with testing newer vehicle, etc. Keep checking www.yakimatech.com for updates!​

If you are interested, go to http://fitlookup.yakima.com?fitid=26603 (which is the link for the Bronco Sport) and then enter your email address to get added to the list. Pretty handy!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yeah, what the heck is that about? It ain't a Bronco Warthog lol.
Sponsored