Fantastic, thanks!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Subaru Forester XT
Holy cow Batman! Ford thought of every accessory known to mankind.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Both pics of rooftop tent show it equipped to roofs with moonroof

First pic is badlands with BL package (body colored door handles)

second pic is FE (moonroof)
6B38A4E1-6804-4DE5-A107-123E4DB6A698.jpeg
EA5F0341-9577-40DE-98BF-03D52A80F532.jpeg

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
This is so helpful! Easy to navigate and pretty well detailed.

It looks like a few items (light bar) are still in development, which is ok.
No push bar available yet.

What do you think about the paint protection package? Does that make sense for a vehicle like this?

Tdubz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Don’t all sports come with an integrated keypad standard? Funny to see that they offer the cheap looking one as an option. Pretty good selection of other accessories. The light bar looks pretty cool.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Don’t all sports come with an integrated keypad standard? Funny to see that they offer the cheap looking one as an option. Pretty good selection of other accessories. The light bar looks pretty cool.
I believe you need the key fob in your pocket or close by for the integrated key pad to work. The optional keypad will unlock the doors without the key fob around I’m guessing

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
Here is something I learned: My local dealer says that many of the accessories listed in the PDF and on accessories.ford.com are items you order from the Parts Department rather than from the factory. And if the item has a part number, you can likely order it now.

His recommendation: If you think a part is going to be popular (such as crossbars), go ahead and order it now so that you have it when you need it. The supply chain being what it is, there is no guarantee it will be available when you want it.

I have decided to switch from the factory crossbar to the Yakima crossbar (for reasons mentioned earlier).

Thought I would pass this along.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Here is something I learned: My local dealer says that many of the accessories listed in the PDF and on accessories.ford.com are items you order from the Parts Department rather than from the factory. And if the item has a part number, you can likely order it now.

His recommendation: If you think a part is going to be popular (such as crossbars), go ahead and order it now so that you have it when you need it. The supply chain being what it is, there is no guarantee it will be available when you want it.

I have decided to switch from the factory crossbar to the Yakima crossbar (for reasons mentioned earlier).

Thought I would pass this along.
Cool I was wondering if the accessories would be available at launch. Looks like they meant what they said.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'70 Subaru 360; '20 Honda Passport; '18 GC Trailhawk V8
The brochure is great! I am thinking of Yakima crossbars, too. Already have them. Just need risers.

I also like the door moldings!

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
soo goood. love the look of the platform rack vs a tradition cargo basket. so many things i thought i didn’t want / need lol

Tdubz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I believe you need the key fob in your pocket or close by for the integrated key pad to work. The optional keypad will unlock the doors without the key fob around I’m guessing
I have this in my current vehicle, all you have to do is touch it and the numbers will light up and are ready to use. No key needed (which would kinda defeat the purpose of having a keypad if you already had the keys nearby).

looks like the base doesn’t get the keypad. I guess that’s why they offer it.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Lots of items to make a storm interception vehicle a reality. Thanks for posting.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
I have this in my current vehicle, all you have to do is touch it and the numbers will light up and are ready to use. No key needed (which would kinda defeat the purpose of having a keypad if you already had the keys nearby).

looks like the base doesn’t get the keypad. I guess that’s why they offer it.

You’re right base doesn’t have the keyless entry keypad but this doesn’t mean the keyless entry keypad for other trims doesn’t require keys nearby... like the “keyless” push to start requires keys nearby.

Not saying I’m right but it would serve the same purpose of not having to dig your keys out to unlock your car as it does to not dig them out to put in the ignition to start.

Does your current vehicle have physical buttons or touchpad? I know the physical buttons don’t require keys nearby.

My assumption of the touchpad requiring keys nearby is because they offer an optional physical keypad that specifically says... “unlock your vehicle without your key or keyless entry remote”
3BD8D48A-9495-422A-A0FD-1708CF226495.jpeg

070C848A-3321-4F21-8811-1B02FC350E04.jpeg

yes it could be just for base but I don’t think so..

I think it has it’s own battery that powers the same mechanism that the touchpad controls. This optional keypad will work when the car battery is completely drained and you don’t have your keys.. and my theory is that the touchpad will not

Also...
2D5EDA0D-CBC3-4551-878B-BB92158F927E.jpeg
725F6500-E1BB-4076-8F23-A936F15815A9.jpeg

Last edited:

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Little things... but my big ones were the sill plates and the console lockers. Super dope. When I go snowboarding or golfing I hate taking an army of stuff with me, always feel like it’s in the way or I’ll lose them out there.

But when I leave it behind I’m like someone’s gonna steal it.

These are fire... plus I’ll have keyless entry... get out of town!