BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
So I just went into build and price for funnies. Looked at an outer banks, and saw the fender kits as options, but they’re not listed as options on Badlands or FE. I tried searching for another thread that addressed this. Anyone know what’s up. Why would Ford care?

Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE 7AE95238-B227-4B44-9C9A-292084DD5CFA
Sponsored

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Wow. Yeah they added a decent amount of stuff. The funny thing is that the flinders flares offer no visual representation.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Wow. Yeah they added a decent amount of stuff. The funny thing is that the flinders flares offer no visual representation.
And from what I can guess the price difference is assembled vs unassembled. Kind of wtf. But once again it’s just weird that they’re not offered on BL & FE.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I spy several changes. Floor liners WITH carpet mats now available.

Also looks like we can now properly add the Yakima crossbars ($20 cheaper) WITHOUT it trying to double up and stick you with the generic Ford crossbars as well.

Curious on material and paints now. Body color fender flares would be soo nice.

Still appears this would be do-able later too if you didn’t want to wait for the late availability.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I spy several changes. Floor liners WITH carpet mats now available.

Also looks like we can now properly add the Yakima crossbars ($20 cheaper) WITHOUT it trying to double up and stick you with the generic Ford crossbars as well.

Curious on material and paints now. Body color fender flares would be soo nice.

Still appears this would be do-able later too if you didn’t want to wait for the late availability.
Question for any of you dealer folks on here... how many times can I make “edits” to an existing order (no VIN yet) before Ford cuts you off? I’m still with my original dealer and the only “change” made so far was the paint color during the initial converting of reservation to order process.

I can see myself adding accessories as we learn more but don’t want to risk waiting too long of VIN gets assigned sooner than expected.

I’ll be calling tomorrow for sure to add carpet mats back + floor liners. And to swap the cross bar. I don’t mind waiting for the late delivery so just a debate if I go with more black plastic or paintable option for fender flares.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I saw those today too. Wish there was a visual representation of what they looked like.
I also noticed that if you want to get ford copilot 360 assist+, it requires you to remove the trim specific package (ex badlands package). That’s gotta be an error right?

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I saw those today too. Wish there was a visual representation of what they looked like.
I also noticed that if you want to get ford copilot 360 assist+, it requires you to remove the trim specific package (ex badlands package). That’s gotta be an error right?
This error only appears to affect Badlands...? I didn’t have the same issue when looking back thru my Big Bend this evening.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I realize my posts/replies are starting to take over this thread (haha), but does anyone have a guess or wisdom to impart re: what pre-assembled vs unassembled entails on the install setup side? I’ve not had the opportunity to modify any of my previous vehicles so this is new territory for me. Just curious how steep the learning curve might be to do it myself on the paintable option...

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This error only appears to affect Badlands...? I didn’t have the same issue when looking back thru my Big Bend this evening.
Works on big bend but both outer banks and badlands get the warning to remove the other package. If it’s fine on the big bend, it has to be a glitch.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
I realize my posts/replies are starting to take over this thread (haha), but does anyone have a guess or wisdom to impart re: what pre-assembled vs unassembled entails on the install setup side? I’ve not had the opportunity to modify any of my previous vehicles so this is new territory for me. Just curious how steep the learning curve might be to do it myself on the paintable option...
I think we need to start a new thread called Build and Price Shenanigans... I know they're working hard over in Michigan, I really mean that too. Fact is we're just going to have to get used to the missteps on the sites end of things and just wait to buy this thing until it gets ironed out. I was already going to wait a while longer to place my official order anyways for this and many other reasons..

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
gotta be error. I also noticed you can now add the rooftop tent with the badlands package. I don’t know if this is actually an error because this tent is 95 lbs
Dude... I was just looking at that... the tent they are showing... no way its something that works weight wise. No way. Shenanigans... as said though, I know they're working hard to get this done. Coding is a realm I am completely void of knowledge on. I'm sure when it all comes down to it they'll do the right things; but these little things mean a lot to us obviously. I mean, Badlands and First Edition are not allowed to get Fender Flares....

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Dude... I was just looking at that... the tent they are showing... no way its something that works weight wise. No way. Shenanigans... as said though, I know they're working hard to get this done. Coding is a realm I am completely void of knowledge on. I'm sure when it all comes down to it they'll do the right things; but these little things mean a lot to us obviously. I mean, Badlands and First Edition are not allowed to get Fender Flares....
The one I just saw on the googles was 102 pounds...
Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE 1603340000502

Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE 1603340026876

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Maybe the fender flares are standard on the Badlands and FE? One can only hope.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Non Fender Flare Kit..
Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE BS_Non_Flare

Fender Flare Kit
Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE Fender_Flare

Looks like just an additional trim molding above the original. That's a bit steep for 4 pieces of plastic. I'll wait until the aftermarket scene catches up and possibly make a better looking Fender Flare.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Non Fender Flare Kit..
Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE BS_Non_Flare

Fender Flare Kit
Ford Bronco Sport Build & Price Updated With More Options -- i.e. Fender Flare Kit. Sans BL & FE Fender_Flare

Looks like just an additional trim molding above the original. That's a bit steep for 4 pieces of plastic. I'll wait until the aftermarket scene catches up and possibly make a better looking Fender Flare.
I was staring at these images yesterday as well and thought I came to the same conclusion. Not much of a flare. Easy decision to leave off. Glad someone else agrees.
Sponsored