BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
Thanks @RonSwanson. Another thing I noticed on the website build and price is that the Roof Rail Crossbars, Off-Road were included at no charge. When the dealer converted to an order it showed up as a $340 adder. I'm reaching out to my dealer for clarification.
On my order it showed up the same way too for $340. Base MSRP on FE is $38,500. On my order sheet, Base is $38,160. Add the $340 to the $38,160 = $38,500 matching the build & price.
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a reservation for a First Edition. I like the configuration it has. But something @Slickrock said made me pause. With the pandemic and the reality of WFH, am I wiser to sit tight for a while? It is leaving me pondering.

Question. Does anyone know how long you can hold onto a reservation before you must convert it to an order? I understand it puts you further back in line but in the grand scheme, that’s not a disaster.

What do you think?

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I have a reservation for a First Edition. I like the configuration it has. But something @Slickrock said made me pause. With the pandemic and the reality of WFH, am I wiser to sit tight for a while? It is leaving me pondering.

Question. Does anyone know how long you can hold onto a reservation before you must convert it to an order? I understand it puts you further back in line but in the grand scheme, that’s not a disaster.

What do you think?
Well, two questions for you...

How important is that FE for you? Since the FE is a Bad+Bad with some extra convieniences, is that worth it for you, assuming you don't get a nasty markup from the dealer?

And, are those electronics, which are mostly, cold weather, important to you? In Seattle, possibly. (For me in SoCal, not really at all).

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working with my dealer now. The order confirmation I got from Ford says that the 17" ebony aluminum tires on the FE are Late Availability. Though standard on the FE, it will delay the production and delivery of the car. Kinda surprising.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Does anyone know production numbers for the First Edition Sport? I recall seeing 2,000 but I also read 3,500.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I remember seeing 2,000 for the Sport, but 3,500 initially for the "real" Bronco.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Working with my dealer now. The order confirmation I got from Ford says that the 17" ebony aluminum tires on the FE are Late Availability. Though standard on the FE, it will delay the production and delivery of the car. Kinda surprising.
Considering the current situation.. There's a lot of potential for factory addons to be big delays, since Ford is likely not making a lot of them themselves. That rim shop that does the coatings gets 2 guys with COVID? The assembly line gets shut down for a week.. no supply chain is certain this year.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
agreed. The grand scheme, wanted this long (and a year ago, who knew). Dealer said order what you really want.

go with your passion and pocketbook, not calendar.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It makes no sense to not offer the best features on your top of the line model, so I called my sales rep at my Ford dealer to ask what the deal is. He said his internal spec sheet confirms Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 is standard on the First Edition. He also noted that the First Edition would have everything the Badlands did + exclusive First Edition only add-ons.
is this true? Otherwise...

Definitely considering changing from FE to a loaded Badlands...appears I can get Pilot Assist 2.0 with adpative cruise control for ~$800 less with more paint options... only missing FE decals, unique grille, wheels, and windshield wiper de-icer... oh, and navy pier vs the brown leather....worth it?

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone noticed on the FE build sheet the "Rear Underseat storage - Passenger side" is not available on the FE model, however if says its included on ford's website to build your bronco, first edition features?
it is in the configurator now.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
is this true? Otherwise...

Definitely considering changing from FE to a loaded Badlands...appears I can get Pilot Assist 2.0 with adpative cruise control for ~$800 less with more paint options... only missing FE decals, unique grille, wheels, and windshield wiper de-icer... oh, and navy pier vs the brown leather....worth it?
I'm 99% sure I will cancel my FE order over the stepped down Co-Pilot 360 and crap interior color. Also, it doesn't appear any trim level has parking assist as a feature? If so, I'm not even going to order a different trim level, as the wife needs this feature.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The esource book is an awesome reference on differences, esp at end. Lots of tradeoffs to consider. It seems like for like, the price is close. roof strength at speed might be a determiner. Likely I will stick with FE and look at https://gofastcampers.com/tents/

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm 99% sure I will cancel my FE order over the stepped down Co-Pilot 360 and crap interior color. Also, it doesn't appear any trim level has parking assist as a feature? If so, I'm not even going to order a different trim level, as the wife needs this feature.
I don't want to get in trouble but a few people NEED the parking assist (gf most definitely would need it). haha

I like the interior color compared to the brown as well as the wheels and other decals, but yes, trying to research features of Pilot Assist.... FE really doesn't' have simple cruise control? Not that I'll need it that much (or use it on my toyota) but occasionally might be nice to stretch legs....Or am I wrong, it will still have normal cruise control?
Sponsored