Black Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2009 F250, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Have the exact same issue on mine. Started after the fuel injector recall work and water pump replacement. Sounds like the air box is loose but I haven't tracked it down. Every time I get the noise, by the time I open the hood its gone.

Das05

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have been searching all over trying to find a video with a similar noise like mine. And my 2021 sounds just like this!! We are having it looked at right now by the dealership but they tried to say it was normal but there's NO way it is bc it's newish. They have right now and of course they're having issues duplicating it. lol
And nice job catching it and getting a clear video of it, my video isn't nearly as clear as yours. I'll let you know if they find anything and if it's actually fixed.

Mustanggt429

Base
First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have this noise as well. Keep us updated

SilverSurfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have been searching all over trying to find a video with a similar noise like mine. And my 2021 sounds just like this!! We are having it looked at right now by the dealership but they tried to say it was normal but there's NO way it is bc it's newish. They have right now and of course they're having issues duplicating it. lol
And nice job catching it and getting a clear video of it, my video isn't nearly as clear as yours. I'll let you know if they find anything and if it's actually fixed.
I had this as well. I found the part pictured, sitting on top of my front bash "plate" (fabric). They almost missed finding the problem on mine also. Only low idle, usually in gear, fan engaged, sometimes with the wheel turned. Very annoying.
It was an isolator from the air box - which was loose...
They also discovered a water pump leak and that pump has been replaced. Hope this helps!

Ford Bronco Sport Strange noise at idle? Isolator_1

Ford Bronco Sport Strange noise at idle? Isolator_2

OP
OP

Keith Arias

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They found the airbox lid was loose. Didn't even know what that was. There is still a slight sound at times but it is much better.

Mustanggt429

Base
First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just took a look under the hood while it was making the sound. Looks as if the whole airbox/ intake is shaking which is causing this noise. Going to try to take it off and put back on to see if just moving it like this fixes the rattle

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Seems like a thread/solution worth bookmarking for future reference, and then going to see what the heck an “airbox” is?

Das05

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No word on what my sound is... Ive been waiting 2 weeks now for them to fix it. And just today my Bronco has gone into sleep mode, which means 14 days of inactivity & my battery is less than 40% charged and it's winter. So that's a bit frustrating.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
No word on what my sound is... Ive been waiting 2 weeks now for them to fix it. And just today my Bronco has gone into sleep mode, which means 14 days of inactivity & my battery is less than 40% charged and it's winter. So that's a bit frustrating.
I bet it's frustrating... good luck and hopefully a minor fix. What's more curious is that a vehicle, in for service at a dealership, can sit for 2 weeks without even being looked at. Hope you get squared away soon!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
@Das05 Just curious but if the car is at the dealership how do you know the battery is <40% charged… do you have some after market instrumentation on the vehicle? My FordPass App doesn’t show battery charge telemetry.

Das05

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport