What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
What I did today:
Installed the AMBULL D-ring shackle.

Now I guess I need a tow strap if I'm ever going to use that thing. Any recommendations?

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Shackle
Sponsored

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
What I did today:
Installed the AMBULL D-ring shackle.

Now I guess I need a tow strap if I'm ever going to use that thing. Any recommendations?

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Shackle
I'd recommend a high quality kinetic energy rope, to go with those KICK A$$ tires, like a Bubba Rope or a Yankum Rope. You will want a 3/4" -7/8" diameter and 20-30' long. I think "Matt's Off Road Recovery" uses a re-branded Yankum with a different color, yellow. You will want to get a couple of soft shackles, as well.
I sort of cheaped out and got this but I haven't needed it yet, though I have used my Heavy duty come-along once and my traction Boards several times. https://www.amazon.com/Miolle-Recovery-19000lbs-Shackles-Snowmobile/dp/B0891W9BRK?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1674595599229

Last edited:

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I can't tell from your picture how you mounted the two rounds to the nudge bar. Did you do some kind of fabrication to mount them?
The DRL lights were not available from RC when I ordered the bar, so I found these on Amazon. They do not interfere with the CoPilot sensors at all.

I used a combo of the mounting hardware that came with the 7” rounds from Amazon and the hardware that came with the RC lightbar they sent me instead of the 4x DRL rounds. But, there wasn’t enough clearance to fit the lights within the nudge bar frame itself, so I got some steel brackets and dropped them out about 45 degrees and they fit perfectly.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 8F949EDC-CA44-40E3-A090-401FAE0270EC

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The DRL lights were not available from RC when I ordered the bar, so I found these on Amazon. They do not interfere with the CoPilot sensors at all.

I used a combo of the mounting hardware that came with the 7” rounds from Amazon and the hardware that came with the RC lightbar they sent me instead of the 4x DRL rounds. But, there wasn’t enough clearance to fit the lights within the nudge bar frame itself, so I got some steel brackets and dropped them out about 45 degrees and they fit perfectly.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 8F949EDC-CA44-40E3-A090-401FAE0270EC
That description and picture helps! I'll have to go your route if the 4 rounds cause any issues. It seems that no one really knows.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That description and picture helps! I'll have to go your route if the 4 rounds cause any issues. It seems that no one really knows.
glad to help! I wish I could give you an answer on if the 4 RC lights block the sensor or not. But I do know that there is a sensor re-location mount on the market as well.

also keep in mind front license plate (if applicable). I know there are separate relocation mounts for that too after installing the nudge bar. I ended up removing OEM and then riveting it to the bottom of the nudge bar instead of getting a new mount/bracket.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
glad to help! I wish I could give you an answer on if the 4 RC lights block the sensor or not. But I do know that there is a sensor re-location mount on the market as well.

also keep in mind front license plate (if applicable). I know there are separate relocation mounts for that too after installing the nudge bar. I ended up removing OEM and then riveting it to the bottom of the nudge bar instead of getting a new mount/bracket.
Really? I didn't know that about a re-location mount. Can you share what you know about that? I often wondered about that. Just needs to be pushed out in line of the bar and all should work. Surely I am not the first person to have this need.

I also couldn't tell from your picture if there are two light brackets that are just blank...or perhaps your license plate covers those. Texas is iffy with the front plate laws. I often don't have one. Shhh

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The nudge bar has 4 mounts, I used the outside mounts for my 2 lights.

my front license plate - I drilled 2 holes in the front of the nudge barjust so I could take the OEM plate holder and rivet it on. About 2 inches of the mount raises above the bar, while the rest hangs below.

let me find the post about the sensor relocating bracket and I’ll post it for you

Ericnovitskiy

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
RainX wipers. I do not recommend Michelin front wipers. Felt like 2 rags dragging across my windshield.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Drove it. That’s it. Tomorrow the inside gets cleaned. Friday is bath and gas day. Tomorrow the recovery eye goes into it’s niche in the wheel well.

kennyroo

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mounted some mini traction boards to my Front runner roof rack , tinted front windows & windshield (not pictured) and got a oil change ✌🏻
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? B0E9A984-A7FE-4420-8021-CEC476D895A8

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Installed an Auto Start Eliminator today, so no more dealing with that! Only other things are a factory sunshade, JCR OffRoad CAT Skid, and 235/65-17 Michelin CrossClimate 2's. Needs a wash after a trip from Texas to California and back. Cheers!

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Installed an Auto Start Eliminator today, so no more dealing with that! Only other things are a factory sunshade, JCR OffRoad CAT Skid, and 235/65-17 Michelin CrossClimate 2's. Needs a wash after a trip from Texas to California and back. Cheers!
Yes, the start/stop is a must have!
Where did you get that top rack? I like that.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Where did you get that top rack? I like that.
Since I don't have a rack on mine, were you looking at kennyroo's rack? Cheers!

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
@kennyroo Correct, I was looking at your rack. I've already got the OEM bars, but yours looks practical.