Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi folks. I purchased the white LED Bronco letters for the front grille found here prior to the arrival of my ordered Badlands. I intended these letters to be a simple but flashy focal point to make my Sport unique. The results speak for themselves.

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_175138

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_175108

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_162344

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_162415

Looks great right? I encourage you all to go for it if you were thinking about adding them. But just a heads up, it turns out they were pretty tricky to install. I'm going to give any of you also interested in installing these a few pointers:
  • Install of these letters takes a full bumper removal. Your OEM Bronco letters are held in place with plastic pins on the back of each letter. These can only be accessed with the entire front end off of the Sport. Once they're removed, one small hole must be drilled behind each letter to run the single wire into the engine compartment. This may be wired into your running lights, headlights, or an aftermarket switch of your choice.
  • Make no mistake, these are molded and designed for the letters on the Big Bronco. There is about a quarter inch difference between the size of the letters on the big Bronco and the letters on the Sport. However, they will fit your Sport with some additional steps. (Detailed in next bullet).
  • These letters are installed with 3m tape. They have a peel and stick backing. The letters do not fit snug into the recessed area on the grille where the OEM letters were installed, and thus, do not adhere their entire surface area to the grille. To ensure better adhesion, additional letters of 3m tape cut to the size of the recesses of the grille may be built up and stuck to the 3m tape already on the back of the letters. This ensures the letters stick to the full recessed area and not just the very edge on a few of them. This was especially an issue with the letter "B" where only two small corners actually adhered without additional tape.
  • One other option you may consider is removing the OEM lettering and creating a smooth surface by filling the recesses with a product such as Bondo, then carefully sanding and painting to match your grille. This is an additional step, but Onyxthebronco on Instagram has a video showing his success with that method here.
  • If you are a Badlands owner with any desire to paint your tow hooks, they are easily removed with a single bolt when your bumper is off. Now is the time to do that. Kill two birds with one stone like I did.
  • If you don't want to deal with it, your local body or lighting shop might be willing to take a stab at installing these. They're a little tedious so please give your money to a local business, not a dealership who might cut corners, and compensate them fairly for their time.
I hope this helps! They were worth every penny, in my opinion. Really makes my Velocity Blue Badlands stand out even at night. Will update this post if I have any quality issues or if they burn out early. Happy trails!

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_175530
Sponsored

Last edited:

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Looks fantastic!! Thank you for sharing!!
I mistakingly thought the letters for the full size and sport were the same size...makes sense that they're not. I'm assuming you DIYed this, was the wiring pretty simple? I'm now going back and forth between this and changing the color of the letters...maybe both?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Looks great Kris! Nice work.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks fantastic!! Thank you for sharing!!
I mistakingly thought the letters for the full size and sport were the same size...makes sense that they're not. I'm assuming you DIYed this, was the wiring pretty simple? I'm now going back and forth between this and changing the color of the letters...maybe both?
I had wonderful help from a body shop here in town. They don't normally do lighting, but their head mechanic really knows what he's doing with wiring and front end removal since they do both all the time. He also helped me get an exact color match of the Badlands emblem for my tow hooks. Awesome guy with an awesome shop who bent over backwards to help me with this conundrum. When I bought them, I didn't realize it was going to be such a project.

The wiring is very simple though. I wired half the letters to the left side and half to the right for even power draw.

Edit: Another important point. If you buy these AND want to apply colored decals, remember you are now buying decals for a full size Bronco and not a Sport since they are different.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi folks. I purchased the white LED Bronco letters for the front grille found here prior to the arrival of my ordered Badlands. I intended these letters to be a simple but flashy focal point to make my Sport unique. The results speak for themselves.

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_175138

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_175108

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_162344

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_162415

Looks great right? I encourage you all to go for it if you were thinking about adding them. But just a heads up, it turns out they were pretty tricky to install. I'm going to give any of you also interested in installing these a few pointers:
  • Install of these letters takes a full bumper removal. Your OEM Bronco letters are held in place with plastic pins on the back of each letter. These can only be accessed with the entire front end off of the Sport. Once they're removed, one small hole must be drilled behind each letter to run the single wire into the engine compartment. This may be wired into your running lights, headlights, or an aftermarket switch of your choice.
  • Make no mistake, these are molded and designed for the letters on the Big Bronco. There is about a quarter inch difference between the size of the letters on the big Bronco and the letters on the Sport. However, they will fit your Sport with some additional steps. (Detailed in next bullet).
  • These letters are installed with 3m tape. They have a peel and stick backing. The letters do not fit snug into the recessed area on the grille where the OEM letters were installed, and thus, do not adhere their entire surface area to the grille. To ensure better adhesion, additional letters of 3m tape cut to the size of the recesses of the grille may be built up and stuck to the 3m tape already on the back of the letters. This ensures the letters stick to the full recessed area and not just the very edge on a few of them. This was especially an issue with the letter "B" where only two small corners actually adhered without additional tape.
  • One other option you may consider is removing the OEM lettering and creating a smooth surface by filling the recesses with a product such as Bondo, then carefully sanding and painting to match your grille. This is an additional step, but Onyxthebronco on Instagram has a video showing his success with that method here.
  • If you are a Badlands owner with any desire to paint your tow hooks, they are easily removed with a single bolt when your bumper is off. Now is the time to do that. Kill two birds with one stone like I did.
  • If you don't want to deal with it, your local body or lighting shop might be willing to take a stab at installing these. They're a little tedious so please give your money to a local business, not a dealership who might cut corners, and compensate them fairly for their time.
I hope this helps! They were worth every penny, in my opinion. Really makes my Velocity Blue Badlands stand out even at night. Will update this post if I have any quality issues or if they burn out early. Happy trails!

Ford Bronco Sport Oracle LED Grille "Bronco" Lettering Installed on Bronco Sport Badlands 20221209_175530
Phenomenal shots and post. Maybe I should pay you to do it for me hahaha. I have never been mistaken for being too handy.

We should get a group of us AZ peeps to go on a ride.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phenomenal shots and post. Maybe I should pay you to do it for me hahaha. I have never been mistaken for being too handy.

We should get a group of us AZ peeps to go on a ride.
Couldn't have done it without the help of a body shop here in town. His expertise filled some gaps and fixed the hole I dug for myself when I trusted Oracle that these would be plug and play.

I'd be down for an AZ ride. I work for the US Forest Service so I'd be happy to host it on the mountain I manage (I know all the most fun roads 😎). I handle recreation on about 300,000 acres of the Coronado.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
What I like most about it is how the whole grille face gets lit up. I think that really adds to the “presence” of the vehicle at night. Nice work!

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Couldn't have done it without the help of a body shop here in town. His expertise filled some gaps and fixed the hole I dug for myself when I trusted Oracle that these would be plug and play.

I'd be down for an AZ ride. I work for the US Forest Service so I'd be happy to host it on the mountain I manage (I know all the most fun roads 😎). I handle recreation on about 300,000 acres of the Coronado.
Oh sweet! I’ll DM you once the holidays are through. I’m betting we could get something going.

Im praying for a nice bonus to get the new JCR gear hahaha. Dang AZ rocks are scary sometimes. Already put a dent in a floor pan when one rolled under my tire and grew. (The buried part was a lot taller).

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

This really looks good!
Thanks for posting.
Do you have pics of the tow hooks, and the 1-bolt?
Did you use special type of paint?

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This really looks good!
Thanks for posting.
Do you have pics of the tow hooks, and the 1-bolt?
Did you use special type of paint?
Thanks so much! I apologize, I do not have any process photos, but removing the hooks was the easiest part. I sent them over to the body shop in town for paint. He has a sprayer system for automotive paint that guarantees even coverage and was able to mix the exact color I wanted. However, I've heard spray paint works just fine and I know that's what most folks do.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

that looks really cool!

Bron_coco

Badlands
First Name
Shaundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

I wanted to do this but stopped when I saw that they weren't made for my model. I did get my Bronco letters wrapped/painted (I really don't know which because my Husband got it done for me. My lettering on front and back was white - I didn't like that so the front is body color and back is satin black like the wheels that are also painted/sand blasted (Still don't know lol)
I'll get this done down the line in sure my custom guy can figure this out.

I LOVE THIS THOOOOOO ❤❤

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more tip for those hoping to install.

I wired these to my headlights originally by accident. Swapped them to the running lights today, but got hyperflash, meaning there was not enough power to the running lights to power these as well. You'll need a separate fuse if you want these on all the time without having to switch on your headlights. Going to order one and fix the issue.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
One more tip for those hoping to install.

I wired these to my headlights originally by accident. Swapped them to the running lights today, but got hyperflash, meaning there was not enough power to the running lights to power these as well. You'll need a separate fuse if you want these on all the time without having to switch on your headlights. Going to order one and fix the issue.
Sounds like you need a relay.

Wizard

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport

Do you possibly have a video you can post on YouTube of the install
Sponsored