Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
So I have a 22 BS BL and since I’ve had it the last 7ish months, it has been in the shop for one thing or another. It rattles, buzzes in the interior. Exterior panels fit and finish, paint are subpar. This is my first Ford vehicle, but second new vehicle in the last year that has been highly problematic. Test drove a new edge ST before I bought this and it felt similar with noisy interior. Last vehicle I had to trade out (Acura RDX) of and am close on this one.
Since I’ve bought it. I’ve had the opportunity to drive a few other Ford vehicles that are comparable to the BS, a loaded 21 Edge and a loaded 22 escape which I’m currently in. One thing I can say is each one rattles, creaks, and buzzes and feels like it has way more miles on it than it does. Mine has 6800 miles, Edge 8800, and about 4400 on the escape. Have the 2.0 in my badlands and the edge and the 1.5L in the escape. These vehicles feel like they have 10x the amount of miles that they actually do. The escape 1.5L is loud, idles rough and is a buzzy gutless motor. It is not a reassuring feeling. The interior feels cheap, but the B&O is far better than what’s in my BL and so is the head unit screen. Hasn’t shut off on its own like mine does or failed to turn on. The B&O is actually loud and clear in the escape. I do not foresee this bronco making it past its warranty period without many more issues. I’m currently waiting on multiple things that are on a National indefinite backorder. Took over 6 months to get a roof panel and a shop date to replace one that is separating from the vehicle. This will be the second week I’m without my vehicle since I’ve had it. This time had to go to a body shop. I’m highly disappointed in the build quality. I’ve had more issues in in less than 7k miles than I’ve had in my last 3 JK wranglers and my Tacoma. That’s almost 130k miles and four vehicles. I wheeled my Jeeps almost every weekend and they felt far more solid, body, motor, paint, fit, finish etc. and none had the incessant rattles this badlands and these other Ford products have and have had. Ford feels like that 2000ish GM build. Creaky plastics, poor finish, etc. Sorry if long winded, just constant issues where I’m worried it will leave me stranded again and Ford is blasé about it and any issues. I know personally why Ford has taken a hit with consumer reports recently in build quality. Hope you’re all having better luck than I’ve had.
Sponsored

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I have a 22 BS BL and since I’ve had it the last 7ish months, it has been in the shop for one thing or another. It rattles, buzzes in the interior. Exterior panels fit and finish, paint are subpar. This is my first Ford vehicle, but second new vehicle in the last year that has been highly problematic. Test drove a new edge ST before I bought this and it felt similar with noisy interior. Last vehicle I had to trade out (Acura RDX) of and am close on this one.
Since I’ve bought it. I’ve had the opportunity to drive a few other Ford vehicles that are comparable to the BS, a loaded 21 Edge and a loaded 22 escape which I’m currently in. One thing I can say is each one rattles, creaks, and buzzes and feels like it has way more miles on it than it does. Mine has 6800 miles, Edge 8800, and about 4400 on the escape. Have the 2.0 in my badlands and the edge and the 1.5L in the escape. These vehicles feel like they have 10x the amount of miles that they actually do. The escape 1.5L is loud, idles rough and is a buzzy gutless motor. It is not a reassuring feeling. The interior feels cheap, but the B&O is far better than what’s in my BL and so is the head unit screen. Hasn’t shut off on its own like mine does or failed to turn on. The B&O is actually loud and clear in the escape. I do not foresee this bronco making it past its warranty period without many more issues. I’m currently waiting on multiple things that are on a National indefinite backorder. Took over 6 months to get a roof panel and a shop date to replace one that is separating from the vehicle. This will be the second week I’m without my vehicle since I’ve had it. This time had to go to a body shop. I’m highly disappointed in the build quality. I’ve had more issues in in less than 7k miles than I’ve had in my last 3 JK wranglers and my Tacoma. That’s almost 130k miles and four vehicles. I wheeled my Jeeps almost every weekend and they felt far more solid, body, motor, paint, fit, finish etc. and none had the incessant rattles this badlands and these other Ford products have and have had. Ford feels like that 2000ish GM build. Creaky plastics, poor finish, etc. Sorry if long winded, just constant issues where I’m worried it will leave me stranded again and Ford is blasé about it and any issues. I know personally why Ford has taken a hit with consumer reports recently in build quality. Hope you’re all having better luck than I’ve had.
Im sorry you are having issues. I have a 2021 badlands and love it. Sure there is arattle or creek here and there, but I’ve driven unibody for a long time and am used to the odd noise every once in a while. The most rattle I have is my toolbox when I am off-road and my tripods when I am going over something this little thing shouldn’t be able to do but can after all.

Sounds like you are used to body on frame which I understand doesn’t have as many noises? Just some guesses by the vehicles you outlined.

Some rattle and such is not out of the realm for any unibody, but I have not had excessive noise. Maybe you got a Lemmon? Or just weren’t expecting the “ballad of a unibody” by Squeeky McRaddleson?

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry to hear this. I know this not just a Bronco Sport issue either. I know that the Maverick is also prone to excessive rattling considering the parts and platform sharing. Mine has a constant one over on the passenger side of the dash. It doesn't rattle every time but it is rather consistent. It's annoying but mostly drained out by music. Thankfully it's the only one in the whole interior. However, I can definitely agree on fit and finish. The panel gaps are pretty poor around the interior b-pillar where the seat belt sits and I noticed that the plastic passenger side a-pillar trim doesn't fit all the way. I can get a glimpse of the exposed retainer clip in certain light which probably explains the rattling on that side. Not much I can do other than have the dealer attempt to fix it and only make it worse or risk having trim pieces scratched/damaged from lack of care. So I'm just gonna leave it. Another issue I've run across is every so often, the headliner around the rear door seals get untucked and I have to drape the seal over it to put in place again. It's very annoying and shouldn't be happening on a new vehicle. But, no vehicle is perfect. I get that. As a result, I still really enjoy my Maverick and don't have any regrets, unless it leaves me stranded then I may have a change of mind. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a 22 BL as well, but have had the opposite experience; as in, I'm surprised how well made it is. You see, I've owned Fords before :crazy:.
I’ve had mine on some pretty rough places (maxed out clearance and I’m lifted on top of factory lift with bigger tires too) and it still doesn’t rattle much except over larger objects, which given the flex in a unibody (I think there is a video showing the back door not closing on full articulated one wheel) I would expect.

I’ve driven fords since 93…. Mustangs to be exact, and they had the odd noise or two.

Our flex creeks over speed bumps. But that’s about it. But it’s also got 120k on it. Got smacked by an expedition and needed full read end replaced. Still going strong.

I would say those that survived rolls down mountains in a sport would say the quality is pretty dang good.

The “chrome” on the window buttons is coming off already tho. But it will eventually anyway. I’m not regretting nothing.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I’ve had mine on some pretty rough places (maxed out clearance and I’m lifted on top of factory lift with bigger tires too) and it still doesn’t rattle much except over larger objects, which given the flex in a unibody (I think there is a video showing the back door not closing on full articulated one wheel) I would expect.

I’ve driven fords since 93…. Mustangs to be exact, and they had the odd noise or two.

Our flex creeks over speed bumps. But that’s about it. But it’s also got 120k on it. Got smacked by an expedition and needed full read end replaced. Still going strong.

I would say those that survived rolls down mountains in a sport would say the quality is pretty dang good.

The “chrome” on the window buttons is coming off already tho. But it will eventually anyway. I’m not regretting nothing.

samesies. just the toggle for the left rear window on the driver door. all the others are fine.

overall tho i'm pretty happy with ours. bummer some of you are having issues.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I have a 22 BL as well, but have had the opposite experience; as in, I'm surprised how well made it is. You see, I've owned Fords before :crazy:.
I will agree with you. My 12/23/21 built OB is the best “built” vehicle I’ve had. I sold my 14 Mustang Vert (retirement gift to self) for my BS/OB. That Mustang was loads of fun but was built literally like one of those SnapTogether Mattel plastic models. I‘ve driven my BS on Al old brick street (still has trolly tracks in places). NO squeak or rattles. To be truthful I was worried about it being built so close to Christmas, but it is simply great. Very pleased thus far, 10 months, 5500 miles.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My '21 has super nice fit finish doesn't rattle and strong powerful engine. I took mine for a 45 minute drive before signing the paper work to make sure it was tight and ran good. Owned mine for a year now real happy so far.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Got my Base model BS in December 2020. It was built mid 2020
28,900 miles now. 2,000 miles ago a warranty water pump went in, part came next day air and no problems so far, just replaced the battery.
Not a single rattle, no cheap feeling parts IMO.
A perfect build and I even got an Engine cover.
For a pandemic vehicle I feel fortunate.
My factory warranty is ending in about 6,000 miles. I’m handling Ford $2,400 for an extended warranty to 100,000 miles in January.
I will trade in/up before that warranty ends. It will be paid off at/with about 75,000 miles on the clock.
As of now I’ll trade it for the AWD Maverick.
Unless they come out with s better toy before that.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah mine came with all the parts. No missing parts issues. Although my Start button doesn't have a green light in it like the earlier '21s. But I never realized missing light untill others started complaining....

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
For about the last 25 years or so I've only purchased Ford because my experience has been quite good. I did have an Escape that developed a half dozen fluid leaks but those got fixed under the extended warranty and otherwise that car is a good one. My experience with my '22 badlands has been very good. I've only got 5000 miles on it so it's too early to judge it in a serious fashion.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your experience is the same as mind. OTOH, I've owned nothing but Fords all my life.

Edited to add:

Just got back from a vacation trip where I rented a Jeep Compass SUV.

If you think Ford makes a lot of noise, seems cheap or tinny, take a ride in a Jeep Compass.

I wouldn't buy one of those if you put a gun to my head.

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Your experience is the same as mind. OTOH, I've owned nothing but Fords all my life.

Edited to add:

Just got back from a vacation trip where I rented a Jeep Compass SUV.

If you think Ford makes a lot of noise, seems cheap or tinny, take a ride in a Jeep Compass.

I wouldn't buy one of those if you put a gun to my head.
We test drive a Renegade before ordering the Sport, just to be sure there'd be no regrets. Seemed super cheap and rough riding. I rode in the back seat while the wife and salesman rode up front. Renegade was super uncomfortable within a mile from the dealership. A 30 minute ride would have been undoable. Ride was shitty, especially on the freeway at 65. Felt like I was sitting on one of those old vibrating magic fingers hotel beds. Bronco would have been doable up to about two hours stuffed in the back seat. Ride was smooth as butter compared to the renegade. Definitely worth the extra $5k in price. I really wanted to like the Renegade just because I've had such great luck with my 2011 Ram. I'd overlook the pure ugliness of it if it seemed quality, but even sitting in it without moving it felt like the plastics were made of slightly higher tensile strength than paper mache, but not much.
Sponsored