Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Just wanted to share my overall dealer experience with Apple Valley Ford (MN)

• Ordered on 4/4 with signed document showing all pricing ($1k ford incentive, $2k dealer incentive) and my $500 deposit - price had increased but was never a part of conversation. Price was locked in.
  • Excellent communication throughout even through the delays during shipping
  • Arrived at 12:45 to finalize paperwork, out the door by 3:45 - they were busy for a Saturday but didn’t feel like it took 3 hours
  • Salesman handed me the keyfob immediately so I could go inspect and test drive it. Never took them back.
  • I had emailed prior about Engine Cover, Hood insulation and panel under dash on passenger side - during inspection confirmed not there and received signed paperwork that would be ordered and installed at no charge after delivery
  • During final paperwork, finance team found another $500 rebate and also secured lowest interest rate through Ford Credit offered during time - had info but waited until they presented to see if they did due diligence
  • Trade in of our Flex pricing was above expectation (sign of the times) but didn’t have to haggle and fair process
Once again it’s why we continue to order our vehicles through AVF. Worth the 1 hour drive, less headache and outclasses other local dealers. Since 1995, we counted we’ve purchased 16 vehicles through them, 3 different salesmen and never had a bad experience.

Highly recommend them if you are in the Twin Cities or other areas of Minnesota/Wisconsin
Good for you! That’s the way it should be. Other dealers should take note but we know they won’t. Glad it was a good experience for you.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
It feels good to finally have a step forward, after 43 days of being "Built"
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1665404990446

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It feels good to finally have a step forward, after 43 days of being "Built"
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1665404990446
Good to hear, now hopefully it doesn’t get stuck in the rail yard like mine has for the almost the last two weeks.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear, now hopefully it doesn’t get stuck in the rail yard like mine has for the almost the last two weeks.
At this point, a 2 week delay feels like it would be easy. I'm guessing by the time it is that close, it will be a lot harder to swallow. Good news for me is that it doesn't cross the MS river in transit, so it won't be in any super large railyards on the trip. I don't know the exact route from Nogales to Colorado Springs but it should be relatively straight forward.

tcarano

Big Bend
First Name
Tonua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
How do you know when it's in the rail yard? I've seen posts tracking it in the rail yards, but I can't find anything that says how you can do that. A few days after mine was built, I got an email that it should be at my dealer between 10/27 and 11/2, but the tracker still doesn't have a date by Shipped.

Also someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that you can search inventory to find out how many the dealer has ordered (mine has 2). They seemed to know the build dates for the ordered vehicles, but I don't see a way to locate that information. Any suggestions?

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How do you know when it's in the rail yard? I've seen posts tracking it in the rail yards, but I can't find anything that says how you can do that. A few days after mine was built, I got an email that it should be at my dealer between 10/27 and 11/2, but the tracker still doesn't have a date by Shipped.

Also someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that you can search inventory to find out how many the dealer has ordered (mine has 2). They seemed to know the build dates for the ordered vehicles, but I don't see a way to locate that information. Any suggestions?
Talk to Ford chat and see if you can get your rail car info. Then you can track it to the rail yard via NS, UP, or CSX, being in KY it’s probably going to end up on NS or CSX eventually. Also you can check with United road to see if they have your vin number in their system. On United road once it goes from inactive to pending pickup you know that it’s in the local rail yard

tcarano

Big Bend
First Name
Tonua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
Talk to Ford chat and see if you can get your rail car info. Then you can track it to the rail yard via NS, UP, or CSX, being in KY it’s probably going to end up on NS or CSX eventually. Also you can check with United road to see if they have your vin number in their system. On United road once it goes from inactive to pending pickup you know that it’s in the local rail yard
Thanks for the info!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an interesting tidbit. After my BS was built, I tried to activate it in the FordPass app. It stayed with a status of “Activation Pending” until last Wednesday (38 days after built). Then on Sunday, I got the message that it had shipped finally (43 days after built). Tonight I tried to activate it again in the FordPass app, which as suspected gave me the “Activation Pending” message again. I’m hoping that this will be a data point to let me know when it gets off the train car. If they don’t approve it on the touchscreen it will show in Messages when it was cancelled, or if they accept the activation I should get a message when that happens.

This might be useful for others in the future to give a little more information when things are happening.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
We are finally taking delivery of our Badlands today at 3pm. There was a slight delay due to some confusion with the Aeroskin 2 we ordered and things being backed up, but it’s ready now!

Do you guys have any advice for things we should look for when we take a good look at the car?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are finally taking delivery of our Badlands today at 3pm. There was a slight delay due to some confusion with the Aeroskin 2 we ordered and things being backed up, but it’s ready now!

Do you guys have any advice for things we should look for when we take a good look at the car?
I know there are a couple threads here which cover some of these. You should do a search. Here is one I bookmarked a long time ago:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/issues-to-look-for-at-signing.4515/

tcarano

Big Bend
First Name
Tonua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
I got the railcar information from Ford chat on Friday. At that point, they told me it's on Railcar # BNSF301000 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ). I don't know if it has left the rail yard or been transferred to another one yet. I tried to get on United Road, NS, and CSX to see if I could get any information, but I can't figure out how to get that info. The only way I could find was to register on the sites, but it appears that is reserved for customers and not individuals.

How do you get that information?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the railcar information from Ford chat on Friday. At that point, they told me it's on Railcar # BNSF301000 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ). I don't know if it has left the rail yard or been transferred to another one yet. I tried to get on United Road, NS, and CSX to see if I could get any information, but I can't figure out how to get that info. The only way I could find was to register on the sites, but it appears that is reserved for customers and not individuals.

How do you get that information?
Check out this post.

tcarano

Big Bend
First Name
Tonua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
So I got this surprising news today. I received notification that my Bronco Sport had shipped on 9/29, but the tracker never showed a shipped date. The estimated arrival was supposed to be between 10/27 and 11/3. But without a shipping date on the tracker, I figured it was just sitting in a rail yard somewhere. I chatted online with Ford a week ago, and they gave me a railcar number on a Mexican railway.

Rather than trying to guess whether it actually made it out of the rail yard or which line it was on here in the U.S., I thought my dealer might have a little more information, so I emailed him this morning. He called me this afternoon to say it looks like it will arrive TODAY! And I'll be able to pick it up TOMORROW!

Woohoo!! I'm so excited! I'll post photos tomorrow.

tcarano

Big Bend
First Name
Tonua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
I picked up my Bronco Sport today. I couldn’t be more elated. Almost 5 months from order (6/2/2022) to delivery (10/22/2022).

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 6EAD6BA8-E567-46FC-BC4D-6880B0543FE4
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room ABA66761-84C3-4F04-99FE-9FC32BBC174A
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room BA3BB961-8295-4F20-9111-8F2F3D0B7C29
Sponsored