AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I asked my dealer for a visibility report. It showed me what train car my BS was on and every time it passed one of the railroad interrogation stations it would show an updated location. The worst was when I waited a week to get on a truck to the dealer because all I could see was that it was at the destination train depot. I finally spotted it on a web cam waiting in line for a freight boat to deliver it to my dealer.
How did you manage that?
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
How did you manage that?
What, the visibility report or the web cam? I learned about the visibility report from this board and the web cam watching the ferry parking lot from a friend.

AltoAlto

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
I wonder if there is another [massive] recall about to be announced?

(100% uninformed speculation)

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just got a call from a Ford SUV escalation expert. He said there is a shortage of truck drivers and the rail yards are holding cars waiting for a truck that can deliver to the dealer. he added the tiresome "you know this is beyond Ford's control" sigh
I can believe it.

A friend of mine ordered a Challenger a couple months ago and his went into production and was completed this week... but his delivery ETA is mid-December... with the "this date is subject to change." 😂

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So sports got delivered to destination rail yards but Ford put Hold and won't release them?

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
So, that’s probably not the case. Mine did the same thing when it crossed the border. Ford chat swore that it was in Nogales for a week. If you got the rail car info, your Bronco is going to still be on that car. There is no physical way to offload a vehicle in Nogales
Mine was at the railyard for a week and half. Sometimes they can sitt up to three weeks. Its normal. It depends on other deliveries and schedule.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
So sports got delivered to destination rail yards but Ford put Hold and won't release them?
More like the local shipping networks can’t get the trucks to load them and move them. Not really a Ford problem in the sense that the built the car and it’s there….now they just need to have someone offload it from the freight car, load it into the truck and drive them to the dealerships.

I’m certain there’s more than a few people employed by Ford who wouldn’t mind going off on that topic.

Last edited:

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Mine has been sitting in Nogales, USA for about a week. Nowhere near the final destination but it seems a long time to be sitting there.
I’m sitting in Nogales with you. Same build date.

Rabidheart

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Mine was at the railyard for a week and half. Sometimes they can sitt up to three weeks. Its normal. It depends on other deliveries and schedule.
Mines been sitting a state away for over a month waiting for a semi to pick it up

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I can't imagine a scenario where Ford would hold at the rail yard. Rail yards are not storage areas, so if Ford could get them to hold they would have to pay rent. And they would have to negotiate that with how many different rail yards? There are no Ford employees that could fix something at the rail yard. What would make sense is that they would deliver the vehicle to the dealership but not allow them to release the vehicle until some kind of recall repair was completed.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I can't imagine a scenario where Ford would hold at the rail yard. Rail yards are not storage areas, so if Ford could get them to hold they would have to pay rent. And they would have to negotiate that with how many different rail yards? There are no Ford employees that could fix something at the rail yard. What would make sense is that they would deliver the vehicle to the dealership but not allow them to release the vehicle until some kind of recall repair was completed.
Exactly. But like I said, I called United Road and they said they cannot deliver the car because Ford put a hold on it. Makes no sense

Tink27

Badlands
First Name
Judi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
@Mhermann596 I’m curious if your vin shows up on United Roads as pending pickup or inactive?

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mine has been sitting in Nogales, USA for about a week. Nowhere near the final destination but it seems a long time to be sitting there.
@Mhermann596 is correct: there's no way to off-load vehicles or otherwise 'park' a train there for extended periods. Ford said my car was in Nogales for 10+ days, whereas the railroads reported it moving along its expected route. You'll need the railcar number (does not change) and the phone numbers for the railroad tracking services to get the most up-to-date location.

It seemed to me that Ford only receives tracking updates at transfer points, such as when my Sport switched from one carrier to another at a railyard, and not at every intermediate destination.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
If you can get the rail car info from Ford Chat you can trace it that way. I tracked my rail car all the way to the Chicago Heights yard even though Ford chat had no clue where it was. Once it got to the Heights United Road updated the car from inactive to pending pickup so I had that confirmation it was at the yard. Then on Monday Ford put a hold on it preventing it from being delivered.
Do they all go to Chicago Heights? I live about 5 minutes from the West Chicago rail head that vehicles get unloaded at. I never really paid attention to what vehicle makes other than Teslas.
Sponsored