PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Was trying to get a nice clean up job while on a vacation in Mesa, AZ. Took it to Five Star Car Wash. Noticed later these drip marks on my grill that do NOT come off. It looks like they used a chemical that destroyed the finish. I am so so sad and mad! Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215217763

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215213670
Sponsored

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
I'd go to Walmart, get some turtle wax bug and tar remover and some microfiber cloths and try that out.

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
Goo gone is also an alternative

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
I'll take a guess at it
what it does not look like
uniform
seems to have dribbled downward across grill work
looks like some of the soap or wax was left under lip of hood
rinse did not catch this soap/wax
after completion residual soap/wax dripped down face of grill
it might just be a heavy layer of product left behind post wash

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I'll take a guess at it
what it does not look like
uniform
seems to have dribbled downward across grill work
looks like some of the soap or wax was left under lip of hood
rinse did not catch this soap/wax
after completion residual soap/wax dripped down face of grill
it might just be a heavy layer of product left behind post wash
I suspect so as well, but no matter how hard I scrub it's not coming off, so it makes me wonder if the finish is permanently damaged.

gcgalati

Badlands
First Name
GianCarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
i own a detailing shop and this is indeed a chemical stain, it is sprayed just before the first rinse usually to assist detailers in softening up the bugs off the grills/front bumper, mirrors and windshield. it appears it was left for too long, i would try checking out local detailing shops to see if anyone has a trick or special chemical. if you cant find anyways to get it off, which truthfully in my opinion i don't believe you can, here are some high end dressings for the best result that can blend the grill colour all back to its original finish. "quickshot by hightech" or "fadeaway by bocar"

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
i own a detailing shop and this is indeed a chemical stain, it is sprayed just before the first rinse usually to assist detailers in softening up the bugs off the grills/front bumper, mirrors and windshield. it appears it was left for too long, i would try checking out local detailing shops to see if anyone has a trick or special chemical. if you cant find anyways to get it off, which truthfully in my opinion i don't believe you can, here are some high end dressings for the best result that can blend the grill colour all back to its original finish. "quickshot by hightech" or "fadeaway by bocar"
Thank you!!

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
@gcgalati is this the stuff?: HI-TECH Quick Shot Watermelon Scent Aerosol Dressing - Shines and Protects - 13oz (2) https://a.co/d/ihbk2Gt

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is by no means critical of your choice to trust a carwash...it enforces the idea I'll hand wash my own. Feel for ya and hope the suggestions help (from a pro detailer I'd say that's solid advice...let us know how it works out).
Stories like this put less and less confidence in the skills of others/harsh cleaners. At least when I have time, I know what I'm using.
Again sometimes you do what you need to do to keep the vehicle looking good. Used a self.service spray wash I've used all winter for a quick debugging...left some mineral spots, but I was in a rush. Have to give it a deep clean tomorrow.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
This is by no means critical of your choice to trust a carwash...it enforces the idea I'll hand wash my own. Feel for ya and hope the suggestions help (from a pro detailer I'd say that's solid advice...let us know how it works out).
Stories like this put less and less confidence in the skills of others/harsh cleaners. At least when I have time, I know what I'm using.
Again sometimes you do what you need to do to keep the vehicle looking good. Used a self.service spray wash I've used all winter for a quick debugging...left some mineral spots, but I was in a rush. Have to give it a deep clean tomorrow.
Yea, severely disappointed in this particular place. I had a great hand car wash I used to go to in Bellevue, WA area when I worked there. I guess I was just hoping for the same caliber and totally got burned. Also learned my lesson to do a careful walk around before leaving, but anyway, woulda/coulda/shoulda. Just hoping that it's not really permanent.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Call up the car wash. You got the pics and ticket.

finish is not destroyed
Sponsored