First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Take the grill off and paint it some cool flat black & grey or maybe a trunk splatter paint.
Do something custom with it.
I grow tired of bolt on mods.
Show us what you got Girl ! :’P
Maybe paint white like a Heritage? Then add some Heritage emblems to dress it up a little?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Call up the car wash. You got the pics and ticket.

finish is not destroyed
I attempted to call today, but call it devine intervention (maybe) that I wasn't supposed to chew some unsuspecting person out because the line was "busy" all afternoon. Anyway, it would be nice if they're willing to do a refund at the very least. Not holding out much hope for that, but I do want to make them aware that they have a problem with their process!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yeah I’d take it there and show them.
You might get lucky, they say hold on a sec,, and wipe it clean with something they know works.
I’d show it to them really.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am not a fan of commercial any star hand washes. They reuse sponges that already have dirt in them and unlike doing it yourself they dry cars with towels they have already used on other cars. It is just asking for scratches etc. Considering the bugs on your grill in the pic it probably would have been better to do the whole vacation and just come home and do it yourself since it looks like it needs a wash from the return trip.

My wife took our vehicle to CA and back last week and I just waited till she was back and cleaned up all the bugs and dirt then.

If you really need to clean it on vacation, find a touchless car wash and drive through that, the always carry waterless car wash and detail spray (from a company like Adams) in your vehicle and finish up the front bugs after that.

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Mine has similar staining, likely from the one time I took it to a local automatic car wash. I agree that it was likely a prewash detergent intended to loosen bugs. It isn't as noticeable as yours, but still disappointing.

I haven't decided if it bothers me much, but if it does, I'll just refinish the grille with something more impervious like Line-X. Good opportunity to completely remove the BRONCO letters, they're just Plasti-dipped black right now.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Was trying to get a nice clean up job while on a vacation in Mesa, AZ. Took it to Five Star Car Wash. Noticed later these drip marks on my grill that do NOT come off. It looks like they used a chemical that destroyed the finish. I am so so sad and mad! Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215217763

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215213670
Just a thought: get a can of spray on bed liner, mask everything else off real good. Spray away.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Well, latest update... The Quick Shot didn't help. Took it to a local detailer and he was kind enough to try some different stuff on it, nothing touched it and he confirmed that it's a chemical etching that has permanently damaged the grille.

I also called the car wash and they swore up and down that they only use soap and water and degreaser. I let them know that they used something that damaged my car and they proceeded to hang up on me. Warning to everyone, be very careful at car washes!! Wrote a bad review of them online, made me feel a little better...

So, I'm now pondering my options, replace it, or get it vinyl wrapped and get creative with it!
Time to get some quotes and find a silver lining.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Sue them in small claims court for replacement grill. Easy to file the papers and have them served.

Just filing may prompt them to make things right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Sue them in small claims court for replacement grill. Easy to file the papers and have them served.

Just filing may prompt them to make things right.
That is tempting, but unless someone in here is a lawyer in AZ and willing to help me out, I don't really have the time or ability to see that through.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
What kind of chemical would cause that?
Well, most likely whatever they sprayed on the front to loosen the bugs , the degreaser?, and then it sat and baked in the AZ sun for too long.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small claims is really very easy. I've used it twice.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Small claims is really very easy. I've used it twice.
Yes, but from another state? They were in AZ on vacation when this happened. They live in CO.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't notice that. Probably wouldn't drive back for an appearance in court.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Was trying to get a nice clean up job while on a vacation in Mesa, AZ. Took it to Five Star Car Wash. Noticed later these drip marks on my grill that do NOT come off. It looks like they used a chemical that destroyed the finish. I am so so sad and mad! Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215217763

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215213670
Sell the donkey
Sponsored