PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
btw, on the fear of hitting your head on crossbars. I am 6’ and have the 60” bars. They sit about 4” over my head and with the curve of body really can’t close anyway. - I don’t see it a big possibility.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Posts like this are why I love online forums with a healthy community where everyone is happy to share their knowledge with the collective. Thanks again. I will definitely update everyone once I apply the fix.

Oh yeah...I might have to follow your lead on self-installs with certain stuff. I have a tendency to be anal as hell with some stuff.
I finally got time to remove my crossbars and install the rubber gasket along the bottom. This made a HUGE difference. Before the gaskets, I could hear whistling anywhere above 35 mph. Now, they are totally quiet! I can hear a faint whistling sound around 75mph, but it's nowhere near as loud as it was before the change. Besides, I already expect to hear something since I'm adding wind resistance to the top of the vehicle.

I am beyond glad that's over...

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I finally got time to remove my crossbars and install the rubber gasket along the bottom. This made a HUGE difference. Before the gaskets, I could hear whistling anywhere above 35 mph. Now, they are totally quiet! I can hear a faint whistling sound around 75mph, but it's nowhere near as loud as it was before the change. Besides, I already expect to hear something since I'm adding wind resistance to the top of the vehicle.

I am beyond glad that's over...
Did you have to remove the cross bars to put in the rubber gaskets? I am waiting on my rubber gasket pieces to arrive. I thought you can just slide these in.

Thanks

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Did you have to remove the cross bars to put in the rubber gaskets? I am waiting on my rubber gasket pieces to arrive. I thought you can just slide these in.

Thanks
While I probably could've install the gaskets with the crossbars still in place, it was easier to take the crossbars off first.

Deleted member 2781

You would definitely want to take them off to put in the gasket. They're super easy to take on and off though.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The lovely wife checked Yakima parts and the Jetstream bottom seals are $11 *she thought that we 'each').

I have a request in at the dealer to provide them.
Sponsored