Tavarua

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If Yakima has narrower bars I’d probably jump on this. Just not feeling like walking into one of these bars and poking my eye out.
Get the 60" bars and cut them to the compatible length
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'd get a black eye, take a hack saw to those. Then smooth and reinstall the end caps maybe ?

OP
OP

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F250, 1984 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
Well kinda of regretting this post, I get the bars hang over. I haven’t had any issues with hitting them, nor had anyone in my family. Looks like Thule has 53 inch bars so that may be an option for you all that don’t want them that long. Otherwise move along if they bother you.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm thinking Yakima LockNLoad 'B' platform, Timberline towers, with SL adapters for the towers eliminates the need for the crossbars -- the SL adapters attach directly to the mounts for the LockNLoad platform, and save you 1"-2" in finished height. UNLESS this is not recommended due to reduced roof load capacity. BUT, despite what some observers have said, this looks like the actual solution for the Trail Rig Concept vehicle. They (?) say 'with Yakima Off-Road crossbars,' but those crossbars aren't visible in any of the pictures. https://fordauthority.com/2020/08/2021-ford-bronco-sport-trail-rig-concept-elevates-the-trek/

OP
OP

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking Yakima LockNLoad 'B' platform, Timberline towers, with SL adapters for the towers eliminates the need for the crossbars -- the SL adapters attach directly to the mounts for the LockNLoad platform, and save you 1"-2" in finished height. UNLESS this is not recommended due to reduced roof load capacity. BUT, despite what some observers have said, this looks like the actual solution for the Trail Rig Concept vehicle. They (?) say 'with Yakima Off-Road crossbars,' but those crossbars aren't visible in any of the pictures. https://fordauthority.com/2020/08/2021-ford-bronco-sport-trail-rig-concept-elevates-the-trek/
That’s a good looking setup there! This is family rig so that’s way overkill for us. I’m not sure what the off-road bars look like.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
The LockNLoad is nice, especially if you need to carry lengthier items. Just so I understand this correctly, the BS has a dynamic roof weight limit at 100lbs for those that have sunroof. The LockNLoad platform is 50lbs, plus (x) lbs for crossbars (if installed), which leaves you with about another 50lbs for storage?

xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How far do the 60” bars stick out from the towers?
We have our BS on order and want to put a Yakima showdown load assist kayak carrier on it, the showdown requires a minimum of 3.5” of bar sticking beyond the tower.

just tying to plan the best setup for our crossbars.
Thanks

OP
OP

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the Yakima timberline Small kit.
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima JetStream Bars and TimberLine mounts system installed 20210227_125504
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima JetStream Bars and TimberLine mounts system installed 20210227_125458
Looks good. I haven’t had a problem running into mine at all. I like having the length, I’ll probably get a rooftop tent and some point.

eline81

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You can put more things up there.
Exactly, more rack space. I just bought the Timberline Towers and JetStream Black 60" crossbars. Will get them installed on Friday, can't wait. I should be able to get both a cargo box and fishing rods on there by having the excess crossbar space. Just have to move the cargo box all the way to one side. Oh and your setup looks great.

OP
OP

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, more rack space. I just bought the Timberline Towers and JetStream Black 60" crossbars. Will get them installed on Friday, can't wait. I should be able to get both a cargo box and fishing rods on there by having the excess crossbar space. Just have to move the cargo box all the way to one side. Oh and your setup looks great.
Thanks! We are loving it so far!