SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I purchased these from an owner and as far as I can tell, I don't need this torque wrench for these particular bars but the kit didn't come with a bit for these screws. What kind of bit is needed where it's the "star" pattern but with a protruding piece in the center? I don't have anything like that in my tools. Is this a hardware store trip or order from Yakima?

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_204702

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_210030

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_210037

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_210119
Sponsored

SlapLeather

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I purchased these from an owner and as far as I can tell, I don't need this torque wrench for these particular bars but the kit didn't come with a bit for these screws. What kind of bit is needed where it's the "star" pattern but with a protruding piece in the center? I don't have anything like that in my tools. Is this a hardware store trip or order from Yakima?

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_204702

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_210030

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_210037

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210903_210119
Are you sure those are Yakima Cross Bars?

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Are you sure those are Yakima Cross Bars?
Well honestly, no. But they look exactly like the OEM Yakima's that Ford offers and on the last picture you can see "OFF ROAD" on the piece, AND I just tried them and they fit on the rails perfectly. Just need to figure out this bit problem.

SlapLeather

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Well honestly, no. But they look exactly like the OEM Yakima's that Ford offers and on the last picture you can see "OFF ROAD" on the piece, AND I just tried them and they fit on the rails perfectly. Just need to figure out this bit problem.
I’d check with Ford. Looks like something they came up with. I don’t believe they’re Yakima.

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’d check with Ford. Looks like something they came up with. I don’t believe they’re Yakima.
I think you're right. I guess my understanding is that Ford commissioned Yakima to make all the accessories when it came to the racks, bars, other off-road products. But this page and product description says nothing about Yakima. Nonetheless, these are the exact bars I was looking for tho I've never seen a pic of them from the back where those little triangular loops are present.

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help Screenshot_20210903-230336_Chrome

Sprat

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2019 Acura RDX
When I picked up these cross bars from my dealer they were nicely boxed and had a little zippy bag with the four star screws and a star Allen wrench! Although I purchased the ones for the Big Bend. Don't know if that made any difference? I hope you have luck installing yours!

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
When I picked up these cross bars from my dealer they were nicely boxed and had a little zippy bag with the four star screws and a star Allen wrench! Although I purchased the ones for the Big Bend. Don't know if that made any difference? I hope you have luck installing yours!
Yep! All good. Look great
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima cross bars Ford OEM install help 20210908_065457

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I was gonna say ford didnt come up with that - it is the same security screw style they use on urinal dividers and bathroom stalls hahha

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I was gonna say ford didnt come up with that - it is the same security screw style they use on urinal dividers and bathroom stalls hahha
Yeah, I didn't know what to call them. Lol Tried googling several things and I knew as soon as I had the name correct that I would instantly find options. Sure enough, picked em up at Lowes the next day. I even found some that night in my AR tools and a kit I used to open cellphones with but they were all too small. Never mad about adding tools to my collection.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Yeah, I didn't know what to call them. Lol Tried googling several things and I knew as soon as I had the name correct that I would instantly find options. Sure enough, picked em up at Lowes the next day. I even found some that night in my AR tools and a kit I used to open cellphones with but they were all too small. Never mad about adding tools to my collection.
Likely they're "Security Torx" fasteners, i.e. Torx with a center-post.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I just knew bc i had to buy some once ... i dont remember why bu
Likely they're "Security Torx" fasteners, i.e. Torx with a center-post.
Lots of bathroom stall and urinal divider thefts.... had to come up with something!

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Just be careful when tightening them, they can strip when over-torqued. It states (I think) 1 foot pound of torque.
Sponsored