jctucker

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
It's tough to say. I posted a lengthy read on the full-size Bronco forum about why you might not be, and it seemed to have rubbed some people the wrong way.

The short of it is that, legally speaking, you'd have very little recourse if Ford decided that your PIN isn't valid anymore. It's all listed in the full program term's fine print that they can, at their own discretion, modify or revoke eligibility at any time. The safe move would be to go ahead and get yourself on the appropriate membership tier and wait the 90 days, but again, it might not actually be necessary to do so, and you might be just fine. I'm sure many people will confidently just tell you "yes" or "no" based on what they believe, but at the moment it isn't clear as it is actually written.

To be very explicit: I am NOT saying your PIN isn't valid. I'm just saying that technically nobody knows at the moment, and even screenshots/printouts wouldn't help you if it escalated to an actual legal dispute.
Has anyone had luck using pins generated before the change in terms? I have a pin generated through MCA prior to the change, but haven't had any luck getting in touch with support to have my account upgraded. My BS is currently in shipment, so trying to decide if I should just pay the full $35 instead of trying to do a $10 upgrade.
Sponsored

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Has anyone had luck using pins generated before the change in terms? I have a pin generated through MCA prior to the change, but haven't had any luck getting in touch with support to have my account upgraded. My BS is currently in shipment, so trying to decide if I should just pay the full $35 instead of trying to do a $10 upgrade.
I used my xplan pin today. Had no issues getting it applied. I signed up for membership last summer, generated the pin at that time and just saved in my email all this time

kbroderick

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 3.5EB
Does anyone know if—given the current wait times on ordered vehicles—you can sign up for MCA at an appropriate tier after ordering and, assuming your vehicle takes 90+ days to arrive, use X-Plan when it does arrive?

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
Does anyone know if—given the current wait times on ordered vehicles—you can sign up for MCA at an appropriate tier after ordering and, assuming your vehicle takes 90+ days to arrive, use X-Plan when it does arrive?
I actually signed up for MCA a few weeks before I ordered my BS. If you plan on getting a BS for sure, I would sign up right away before ordering. I actually had trouble finding a dealership that would accept the X-Plan. You need to make sure the dealership will take X-Plan before ordering. Seeing all the delays, I'm guessing it will be over 90 days before my BS arrives. Just FYI, I ordered about a week and a half ago and my build week is 8/23. If there are no delays, my guess is it arrives near the end up September, which is just about 90 days.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I went the EAA route and found out about the upcoming air show. Now I can get a quick PIN and plan for a road trip to see a bazillion cool airplanes.
I used it for 2 x-plan pins within 4 months of signing up last year and also got an extra $1,000 EAA specific rebate on my Edge. Tried using that with the Bronco Sport and it wasn't eligible.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I used it for 2 x-plan pins within 4 months of signing up last year and also got an extra $1,000 EAA specific rebate on my Edge. Tried using that with the Bronco Sport and it wasn't eligible.
Do you know how quick the EAA pin generates and if there’s a wait before using it? Thanks!

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Do you know how quick the EAA pin generates and if there’s a wait before using it? Thanks!
It generates almost immediately I think. I believe I used it within 60 days or so.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm now a card carrying member of the EAA. PIN was generated immediately among with the certificate. That cert also informs the dealer that they need to verify the membership start date and verify it's a minimum of 90 days prior to purchase and to include that documentation as proof of eligibility in their "deal jacket."

I'm hoping to buy this week to take advantage of financing and custom order rebates, then hope I'm 90 days out of delivery so I can get the additional X Plan discounts.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
I can get X-Plan through my employer, but I stopped by my dealer yesterday and they said they weren't accepting X-Plan due to inventory shortage. My BSBL arrives there in a few weeks. Wonder if/how I should call them out on their bullshit.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can get X-Plan through my employer, but I stopped by my dealer yesterday and they said they weren't accepting X-Plan due to inventory shortage. My BSBL arrives there in a few weeks. Wonder if/how I should call them out on their bullshit.
Dealers don't have to accept the X-Plan. It's pretty much at-will per dealership. I've heard of folks custom ordering the same ride from two dealerships to hedge against one of them playing games at the end.

I ordered a Bronco Sport OB/OB from a dealer last week without the X-Plan, it broke the next day, they canceled the order and I just placed a custom order with that same dealership for a '22 BL/BL with X-Plan. They didn't even flinch and are happy to accept it. My EAA membership card shows October, so 90 days brings me to January which should be fine.

Side note: Contrast that awesome dealership with a dealer that called me yesterday (Apple Ford Lincoln - MD) with a BL that "fell through" that I got first right of refusal on only to find that they marked up $5K over MSRP. All I could think of was that there was some buyer who custom-ordered their dream Kodiak Brown BS, waited months for it, then got told by the dealer they'd have to cough up another $5K causing them to have to walk away. Messed up.
Sponsored