First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Hi, Guys
Took delivery of a FE a week ago. No problems till today(5 days). I left the car, came back 3 minutes later, and the car would not start. In addition, there was no tension/feedback on steering wheel. The display gave off every error I could think of. (overheated, no gas, no oil pressure, traction control , stability control, .... ad infinitum. After trying to fight with it, I decided to "Go with the flow". After every error message, I hit "OK" on the steering wheel till no more error messages were showing. Tension on the steering wheel returned, and the car started.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
Did a check engine light stay lit?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'd take it to Ford, they can look inside the code History, no Idea how long the event log Is.

raisedbygoats

Base
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There was a similar post to this on one of the Facebook groups. I mean sometimes computers can be weird and glitchy, but I'd consider having a dealer look into it.

OP
OP

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
To be honest, there were so many warnings, I cant recall a check engine light.

Will be going to Ford in the next few days to address other issues and to pick up my cross bars.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
There was a similar post to this on one of the Facebook groups. I mean sometimes computers can be weird and glitchy, but I'd consider having a dealer look into it.
We've all come to expect those faults from our personal computers and smart devices, but those are consumer platforms, designed to harbor multiple applications and OS revisions, leading to unfortunate instability from having to accommodate diverse applications from many sources.

An embedded system, such as automobile engine management systems, should be free of weirdness and glitches. They are developed and applied in a closed, controlled environment.

It definitely needs to be looked at and as Osco indicated, the event logging will have finite capacity for retention.

OP
OP

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
We've all come to expect those faults from our personal computers and smart devices, but those are consumer platforms, designed to harbor multiple applications and OS revisions, leading to unfortunate instability from having to accommodate diverse applications from many sources.

An embedded system, such as automobile engine management systems, should be free of weirdness and glitches. They are developed and applied in a closed, controlled environment.

It definitely needs to be looked at and as Osco indicated, the event logging will have finite capacity for retention.
Ty to all. will update

mrsrebel

Big Bend
First Name
Mona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I realize this thread is quite old but I'm curious as to if it was ever resolved? If it happened again? I've run into some oddity (just over 4k miles now) with my BB. First time was really really cold and I'd started via Ford Pass app a couple of times to 'thaw' icy windows. Didn't realize I had to physically start after doing that twice and when I did try to physically start, it refused. Ended up with a jump. Here it is two weeks later and Sunday night friends and I were getting into car and I go to start and nada...passenger door was still open at that point so I thought maybe that had something to do with it? All doors closed, key in my pocket, retry...nada. 5 cycles thru and still no start. Pull up Ford Pass app on the off chance and voila--remote start DID start car. What the heck? Started multiple times just fine after that....until last night. Drove to store after work. Got back in car and started up but got a phone call and I turned off car because I didn't even have seat belt on yet. Short time later, phone call completed, try to start car and nada. Radio and all comes on, says full accessory, but no ignition. Cycle 3 times and then go to the app....it started! What the heck!!?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I realize this thread is quite old but I'm curious as to if it was ever resolved? If it happened again? I've run into some oddity (just over 4k miles now) with my BB. First time was really really cold and I'd started via Ford Pass app a couple of times to 'thaw' icy windows. Didn't realize I had to physically start after doing that twice and when I did try to physically start, it refused. Ended up with a jump. Here it is two weeks later and Sunday night friends and I were getting into car and I go to start and nada...passenger door was still open at that point so I thought maybe that had something to do with it? All doors closed, key in my pocket, retry...nada. 5 cycles thru and still no start. Pull up Ford Pass app on the off chance and voila--remote start DID start car. What the heck? Started multiple times just fine after that....until last night. Drove to store after work. Got back in car and started up but got a phone call and I turned off car because I didn't even have seat belt on yet. Short time later, phone call completed, try to start car and nada. Radio and all comes on, says full accessory, but no ignition. Cycle 3 times and then go to the app....it started! What the heck!!?
Good afternoon, Mona! Please send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco starting concerns. Thanks!

mrsrebel

Big Bend
First Name
Mona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Good afternoon, Mona! Please send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco starting concerns. Thanks!
I just saw this and will send info. I haven't yet contacted my Ford dealer--the closest one is a town away and where I purchased is more than an hour away. I ran into the same situation yesterday. Cleared all that lovely snow of the car (gotta get on that carport!) and then got inside to start up and let her clear the remainder--no start. Tried 3 times with start button. No joy. Pulled up app and press start--voila, she's alive! Just very weird!

Andrewgaj

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
Hi, Guys
Took delivery of a FE a week ago. No problems till today(5 days). I left the car, came back 3 minutes later, and the car would not start. In addition, there was no tension/feedback on steering wheel. The display gave off every error I could think of. (overheated, no gas, no oil pressure, traction control , stability control, .... ad infinitum. After trying to fight with it, I decided to "Go with the flow". After every error message, I hit "OK" on the steering wheel till no more error messages were showing. Tension on the steering wheel returned, and the car started.
Thoughts?
I know this thread Is old and some one asked a few months ago but has any one figured this out?!
I am currently having the SAME issue it started yesterday I drove about 25 miles then stopped to pick some one up (turned the bronco off for under 3 mins) came back to turn it on and BOOM! Every light known to man cycles through the engine wont start, the battery wont turn off just cycles over n over. After finally getting a tow truck out there from ford road side he resets the battery then tells me to drive it home and text him if it breaks down on me LOL!? I start driving and same thing as you the wheel lost its tension turning doesn't feel right and the engine sounds ROUGH! after a hellish experience with the dealer yesterday to get nothing accomplished I am about to head back and try again... long story short did you ever figure this out?! I also have a video of the issues but im hoping some one has figured it out and its a easy fix?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I know this thread Is old and some one asked a few months ago but has any one figured this out?!
I am currently having the SAME issue it started yesterday I drove about 25 miles then stopped to pick some one up (turned the bronco off for under 3 mins) came back to turn it on and BOOM! Every light known to man cycles through the engine wont start, the battery wont turn off just cycles over n over. After finally getting a tow truck out there from ford road side he resets the battery then tells me to drive it home and text him if it breaks down on me LOL!? I start driving and same thing as you the wheel lost its tension turning doesn't feel right and the engine sounds ROUGH! after a hellish experience with the dealer yesterday to get nothing accomplished I am about to head back and try again... long story short did you ever figure this out?! I also have a video of the issues but im hoping some one has figured it out and its a easy fix?
Could be a defective battery, AutoZone or one of those type of places can check the battery under load and see if it's bad.

Michael S

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Michael S

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Badlands the same thing today.
9600 miles, 6 months in. Never had this issue before.
Cycled thru every possible error code. I was eventually able to start after the fiasco ended.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My Badlands the same thing today.
9600 miles, 6 months in. Never had this issue before.
Cycled thru every possible error code. I was eventually able to start after the fiasco ended.
Hi there. Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!
Sponsored