Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not??

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Have decided to upgrade to the reg. Bronco. Would like just a bit more room and love the looks.
We do love the sport, just getting a bit tight with one teenager and one pre teen.

Probably wont swap until next year as the order banks for reg Bronco are closed till next model year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I like the big Bronco but it just doesn't function well for what I need. The four doors just makes it easier for what I do. Now if they made me a great deal I would have to seriously consider it.
I agree , I totally think I would wanna get it if I got the right deal! Truthfully, I wish I could have both! Lol!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Have decided to upgrade to the reg. Bronco. Would like just a bit more room and love the looks.
We do love the sport, just getting a bit tight with one teenager and one pre teen.

Probably wont swap until next year as the order banks for reg Bronco are closed till next model year.
I’ve been following your question on the other forum regarding highway driving with SAS. As most have pointed out, if you knock the air pressure down a bit, the ride is very good. I know many on this forum talk about the poor gas milage and rough ride but the gas milage on my 2 door Heritage is around 20 now compared to 23 for the Badlands Sport.

I will concede that I can’t get in the back seat very easily. The seat don’t move far enough up or lean forward enough. Getting in the Sport front or back is much less effort.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
I’ve been following your question on the other forum regarding highway driving with SAS. As most have pointed out, if you knock the air pressure down a bit, the ride is very good. I know many on this forum talk about the poor gas milage and rough ride but the gas milage on my 2 door Heritage is around 20 now compared to 23 for the Badlands Sport.

I will concede that I can’t get in the back seat very easily. The seat don’t move far enough up or lean forward enough. Getting in the Sport front or back is much less effort.
We like the sport but the reg. Bronco was what we wanted but at that time it just wasnt possible to get one how we wanted with such long wait time and all the ADM's on top of that. When we heard about the HEL's and we decided to roll the dice on it not knowing if we would get one or not.

Now that getting a reg. Bronco dosnt take years and the ADMs are going away it seems time to look into them again. My plan is to hold off until we know what colors are going to be offered for MY25.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When the Broncos were first announced I wanted one, but was put off by the fact it might be two years to get one. I was able to snag a 21 BSBL and drove it for a couple of years. Wildlife photography is a hobby and we often find ourselves in remote places without cell service. I can't go everywhere I've gone in some prev 4WDs, but it fits most of our needs nicely. So I bought a 23 BL in eruption green.

I like the fuel mileage on the BSBL, but recently have been thinking about a Bronco Everglades. I only have 10,000 miles on the 23 BL, so won't trade until 2025. Will have to see the changes on the sport before I can make up my mind. They may not even offer the Everglades by then.

Last edited:

DahliaDarlin'

Outer Banks
First Name
Lise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2005 Honda Civic
Nope would not buy a Big, not remotely interested in it.

While the 2 door Big Bronco is really cute, it is too impractical for me for every day use, which is what I need in a vehicle. I haven't seen the cargo area of the Big, but I suspect the area is higher than the BS. I'm only 5'7, so I need the accessibility heigh wise.

The Big would be a bit of a struggle for my 93 YO FIL to get in, and he does enjoy being driven in the BS. (This saves me from the horror of being driven by him in his Honda CRV. A grocery run ages me by 3 years at least)

I do more around town driving and those big tires are useless --ditto X2 if I am on the highway. The gas milage and inability to garage the Big, make it unsuitable. So far my BS does very well on the occasional farm or forest road and unpaved driveways --even the gross, chunky, wet and icy ones.

The 4 door Big seems to be overkill for 98% of driving scenarios. I see quite a few low mile used ones around. With my BS, my 'weekend car' is also my daily driver!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
FWIW, my friends down the street traded in their Bronco, which they loved, for a Freewheeling Sport. I haven’t had a chance to really talk to them but when running by I asked them why and they simply said the Free Wheeling is cool as f&$@!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
We like the sport but the reg. Bronco was what we wanted but at that time it just wasnt possible to get one how we wanted with such long wait time and all the ADM's on top of that. When we heard about the HEL's and we decided to roll the dice on it not knowing if we would get one or not.

Now that getting a reg. Bronco dosnt take years and the ADMs are going away it seems time to look into them again. My plan is to hold off until we know what colors are going to be offered for MY25.
I was in the same boat. I reserved mine in 2020 but it became clear I wouldn't see it for many years so Granger gave me a great deal on a new 22 BLBS back in 22. After driving the BLBS for a year and a half. I decided I'd keep it and get rid of the Escape and keep the 2 Door Heritage as my toy. I was fortunate to get my Heritage at 2020 pricing along with Grangers 2K below invoice so having them both wasn't a financial setback.

I like them both for different reasons. The Sport is a great daily driver and very capable in the snow and off road provided you are not climbing rocks or trying to run in ruts made by 35's or 37's. The gas mileage difference between the BSBL and the Heritage is round 4 mpg for me.