BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any product recommendations or tips on car washing throughout the winter months? (While googling i found rinseless car wash spray but that sounds absurd to me) The roads by me can be pretty brutal with salt and I detached the hose for the winter due to freezing concerns. Going on a road trip this weekend and ideally want to clean her up post trip. With all my previous cars i just took it to the car wash during winter but i think id rather wash my new BS by hand... or should i just bite the bullet and take her to the car wash?
Sponsored

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Any product recommendations or tips on car washing throughout the winter months? (While googling i found rinseless car wash spray but that sounds absurd to me) The roads by me can be pretty brutal with salt and I detached the hose for the winter due to freezing concerns. Going on a road trip this weekend and ideally want to clean her up post trip. With all my previous cars i just took it to the car wash during winter but i think id rather wash my new BS by hand... or should i just bite the bullet and take her to the car wash?
Depends on how thorough you can be while freezing your butt off I guess! I'd take it in to get a more thorough job. There's always summer if you want to show it off in your driveway!

OP
OP
BagOJuice

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Depends on how thorough you can be while freezing your butt off I guess! I'd take it in to get a more thorough job. There's always summer if you want to show it off in your driveway!
Ill probably end up taking her in as its in the 20's near me, not sure how much i wanna deal with that! Cheers... your Bronco looks great in your pic.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I had a Subaru Forester (Subarus are known for thin paint) that I always washed by hand. I'll do the same with my Sport, hopefully Ford hasn't skimped on the paint. Winter months can definitely be tough to wash (I avoid automated brush car washes at all cost) but if you can find a self service car wash with a wand you can knock the heavy stuff off and the use a waterless car wash and detail spray to finish the job. Buy some insulated rubber gloves. Adams Polishes and Griot's Garage make excellent detailing products.

OP
OP
BagOJuice

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had a Subaru Forester (Subarus are known for thin paint) that I always washed by hand. I'll do the same with my Sport, hopefully Ford hasn't skimped on the paint. Winter months can definitely be tough to wash (I avoid automated brush car washes at all cost) but if you can find a self service car wash with a wand you can knock the heavy stuff off and the use a waterless car wash and detail spray to finish the job. Buy some insulated rubber gloves. Adams Polishes and Griot's Garage make excellent detailing products.
Iā€™ll check those products out... thanks!

JRav007

Big Bend
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Haha! Iā€™ve been nervous about cleaning mine as well. This is the first really nice vehicle Iā€™ve ever had and Iā€™m trying to keep it looking awesome!

Been taking it to the car wash every 2 weeks. I never use the auto drive thru thing. I use the self wash dock and only use the hose/soap spray and dryer. DO NOT USE THE CARWASH BRUSH OR SCRUBBER!!!! Bring your own car safe towels/scrubber glove to avoid scrubbing. Keeping bird crap off has been driving me NUTS. Haha.
Itā€™s cold standing out there doin it for a few
minutes but itā€™s worth it when you are driving out looking sharp!

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Haha! Iā€™ve been nervous about cleaning mine as well. This is the first really nice vehicle Iā€™ve ever had and Iā€™m trying to keep it looking awesome!

Been taking it to the car wash every 2 weeks. I never use the auto drive thru thing. I use the self wash dock and only use the hose/soap spray and dryer. DO NOT USE THE CARWASH BRUSH OR SCRUBBER!!!! Bring your own car safe towels/scrubber glove to avoid scrubbing. Keeping bird crap off has been driving me NUTS. Haha.

I always hand wash my car. Use microfiber towels as well as quality wash products. MY neighbors have said I'm going to take the paint off I wash the car so often!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I love seeing mine clean but some of my roads will not have that.
Once when really dirty, mud, red clay and all I noticed it looked really happy like a kid playing in a mud puddle.
I proudly drove it like that for two weeks.
But hey that's just me :'P
In the sport of mountain biking over cleaning meant accelerated wear on several components.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@JRav007 referencing "dealing with bird crap" I have the privilege of nesting Bald Eagles (year round) and Osprey (in the warmer months) close by. You can only imagine what I have to deal with, LOL. Throw 100's of geese into that mix and it's not a pleasant site to walk out to on some days. Don't get me wrong, I love the Eagles and the Osprey - they are magnificent birds that I could watch all day, It's just the crap they produce....

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

[/QUOTE
You motivated me to wash, first time, my three week old Outer Banks! Did exactly as you advised. Went to the car wash and hand washed, more fun anyway, no brush, my own towels! Looks great! Thanks!
Ford Bronco Sport Winter Car Washing Tips? 2E95F9D6-46FF-4B37-99A9-F4E103068B70
Ford Bronco Sport Winter Car Washing Tips? D8DB17E4-BFAF-4297-8691-5A272523A6D0

MFM

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Cougar Convertible
I've hose my Bronco off about once a week at a wand wash and, as mentioned previously, never use the brush. Most of the time I'll just keep it on rinse and strip the salt off it......get inside the wheel wells and hose it out as well as the underside as best I can. Today is sunny and -15 C (5 F) and it will leave ice trails on the hood and sides. The ice disappears after a couple of days.

Cheers

denisyoung

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I donā€™t know about you, but I also use steamer for car detailing in winter. This method is the fastest and the best. You don't need to walk in the cold with a bucket of water. So there is no better steam cleaning

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
havent had the sport for a winter yet. however prior cars, wand wash and never the ā€˜brush of paint deathā€™. most car washes shut down for a few weeks here, due to our severe winters.
always dry the weatherstrips with a towel, or you taint getting inside.
Sponsored