Windshield Tint Feedback

Bullseye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Ive had my Big Bend for a month and I've been thinking of getting a 70-80% windshield tint to help with heat and reduce glare off the hood. I understand it may not be legal by the law but it is barely perceptable.

Does anyone have general feedback on their tint and if it interferes with any sensors?
Sponsored

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Look into the ceramic window tint for the windshield. It I believe is kind of like Low E glass in your home.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
What is exactly is ceramic tint? Is it just for heat reduction etc. Is there an actual tint or is it in name only?

OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
What is exactly is ceramic tint? Is it just for heat reduction etc. Is there an actual tint or is it in name only?
Ceramic tint is considered the top quality of window tint. I already put ceramic tint on my side windows and am pleased with how they turned out. I am considering Llumar Air80 or Xpel XR 70% ceramic tint for the windshield.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I believe it's just heat reduction as windshield tint is generally illegal.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Once you have it, you’ll want it on every car you own and will own.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
The legality of windshield tint is dependent on the state you live in. % too.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The legality of windshield tint is dependent on the state you live in. % too.
As is enforcement of said tint laws. Generally, if you live in a state where you have to do vehicle inspections as part of getting annual tags, forget it. They'll look for illegal tint. Other places YMMV.

Tint is going to reduce the UV intrusion so the car will feel a bit cooler. If you park it in the sun, it isn't going to stay cool or anything crazy. The interior will heat up. It will heat your cupholder drink and be unsafe to sit in with the windows up on a hot day. But you know how a sunbeam feels hot on your arm? Yeah, it's going to prevent that.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I got UV blocking clear tint on the driver's windows of my pickup. The installer demonstrated it with a heat lamp. I couldn't feel the heat from the lamp after he put a piece of the shield in front of it. I suffer from skin cancer, so it was worth every penny.

On my Badlands, I put dark tint obout 4" down all the way around. It blocks the worst of the sun. I especially like it on either side of the rear view mirror where the visors don't quite cover.

MTBiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Wildtrak from Colombia
Ive had my Big Bend for a month and I've been thinking of getting a 70-80% windshield tint to help with heat and reduce glare off the hood. I understand it may not be legal by the law but it is barely perceptable.

Does anyone have general feedback on their tint and if it interferes with any sensors?
I recommend looking into safety/tint films. You get the added value of safety/security protection and nano-ceramic tinting benefits. I have 3M safety & security film installed on all my BS windows; Windshield & rear window high impact 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission that goes from 5% darkest to 75% lightest), 1st row windows 50%, 2nd row windows 30% & trunk side windows 25%. Also, no interference with sensors. In your case check out: https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/vehicle-inspection/window-tinting-standards

Last edited:

OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I recommend looking into safety/tint films. You get the added value of safety/security protection and nano-ceramic tinting benefits. I have 3M safety & security film installed on all my BS windows; Windshield & rear window high impact 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission that goes from 5% darkest to 75% lightest), 1st row windows 50%, 2nd row windows 30% & trunk side windows 25%. Also, no interference with sensors. In your case check out: https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/vehicle-inspection/window-tinting-standards
Good to know the sensors aren't disrupted. Wasn't sure how the automatic headlights would respond.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands

You won’t find tint that low at a tinting place usually. Usually 50 or lower. I had 35 on my fusion and loved it but it’s highly illegal as others have stated.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
You won’t find tint that low at a tinting place usually. Usually 50 or lower. I had 35 on my fusion and loved it but it’s highly illegal as others have stated.
Depends on where you go. The place I go always has something around 70% in the ceramic.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Check your state's laws. In New York you can go as dark as you want, but you have to stay above the ASI line on the windshield. No tint below that line.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Good to know the sensors aren't disrupted. Wasn't sure how the automatic headlights would respond.
Well also , the tint shop likely is going to cut a sheet that looks like a sun block mat does. So it is going to go around the big mirror console and not over the camera and light sensor. They aren't going to stuff the tint up under there.
Sponsored