Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
My rear window wiper was beginning to tear.
It lasted 24 months, typical, no complaints there. The front ones were doing ok but we’re starting to feel stiff at the tips and old man winter is knocking at my door so it was time for a new set of wipers.
I stopped at Car Quest in Murphy NC to find a replacement. Nope they didn’t yet have a rear one for the 2021 BS. I was not surprised.
FWIW this Car quest auto parts store, the entire staff knows car parts really well. All a bunch of good ol boys, and a girl that all musta been born under a car, in the barn, dead of winter,
I rate my Car quest auto parts staff an A+ and that’s me with five years experience behind a Napa auto parts counter.
You all get my drift.
The interesting thing was only the Bosch would fit and for the driver side it showed two sizes fit. A 21” and a 24 inch.
Odd right ?
I got the longer one and it’s an inch longer at each end than my original when mounted.
Great, no problemo, it hits nothing and another inch over that would work before it runs off the glass.
The Rainx would not fit the arm but it showed the proper lengths except when held next to my oem’s they were an inch shorter so rainx can’t measure something as simple as a wiper blade.
Outstanding !
The passenger side, 21” I think the original was and is the MAX length or it would hit at the low end of the stroke.
So here comes the grumpy old man part of the story.
The two front wipers were
$53. Here we go, the old fart part. Grrrrrr I remember buying wipers three years ago for my Transit Connect mini van and they were considerably longer for $34 a pair ! Danged Inflation !
Now for the rear wiper.
I drove to my Ford dealer in the rain and yes the front ones needed changing, the new ones were doing a fantastic job, anyway
At my Ford dealer,
Parts guy hands me this skinny little short thing of about, I don’t know 9 inches in an 3 Foot long blister pac ! The wiper was no bigger around than a fat ink pen.
$20,
Wait for it,,,
Grrrrrrr wu~tu~fu grrrrrr.
I snapped it on the back and drove home in the rain.
But you all should be proud of me, I didn’t show my grumpy old man attitude to anyone.
$73, Seventy Three Dollars for two windshield wipers and a mini for the back window.
If idda got the front ones at Ford the three would have likely topped a C-note.
As you were ;’P
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It lasted 24 months, typical, no complaints there.
Did you know you can make your wipers last a lot longer with regular cleaning? Use isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel, fold the paper towel over and pinch the wiper between, then wipe until no more grime.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Ford Bronco Sport Windshield and rear wipers 1670423836727

C-note for wipers

https://motorhills.com/do-wiper-blades-have-a-shelf-life/

Yes, wiper blades have a shelf life. It’s probably shorter than you expected. There are variables that will change how long your blades last, but they don’t tend to last longer than a year. Typically, you’ll find yourself replacing them every 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on how often you use them, the quality of the wipers, and where you live and park.

https://www.303products.com.au/component/content/article/21-products/automotive/22-303-automotive-protectant

Ford Bronco Sport Windshield and rear wipers 1670423448961

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It lasted 24 months, typical, no complaints there. The front ones were doing ok but we’re starting to feel stiff at the tips and old man winter is knocking at my door so it was time for a new set of wipers.
I stopped at Car Quest in Murphy NC to find a replacement. Nope they didn’t yet have a rear one for the 2021 BS. I was not surprised.
FWIW this Car quest auto parts store, the entire staff knows car parts really well. All a bunch of good ol boys, and a girl that all musta been born under a car, in the barn, dead of winter,
I rate my Car quest auto parts staff an A+ and that’s me with five years experience behind a Napa auto parts counter.
You all get my drift.
The interesting thing was only the Bosch would fit and for the driver side it showed two sizes fit. A 21” and a 24 inch.
Odd right ?
I got the longer one and it’s an inch longer at each end than my original when mounted.
Great, no problemo, it hits nothing and another inch over that would work before it runs off the glass.
The Rainx would not fit the arm but it showed the proper lengths except when held next to my oem’s they were an inch shorter so rainx can’t measure something as simple as a wiper blade.
Outstanding !
The passenger side, 21” I think the original was and is the MAX length or it would hit at the low end of the stroke.
$53. Here we go, the old fart part. Grrrrrr I remember buying wipers three years ago for my Transit Connect mini van and they were considerably longer for $34 a pair ! Danged Inflation !
Now for the rear wiper.
I drove to my Ford dealer in the rain and yes the front ones needed changing, the new ones were doing a fantastic job, anyway
At my Ford dealer,
Parts guy hands me this skinny little short thing of about, I don’t know 9 inches in an 3 Foot long blister pac ! The wiper was no bigger around than a fat ink pen.
$20,
Wait for it,,,
But you all should be proud of me, I didn’t show my grumpy old man attitude to anyone.
$73, Seventy Three Dollars for two windshield wipers and a mini for the back window.
As you were ;’P
Why does your name show as 'Banned? You're probably one of the most productive members of this forum.
I was just suspended from one of the Bronco Sport Facebook pages. Someone was complaining about the fact the lift gate on the Bronco Sport had to be lifted and closed manually. I kiddingly responded that they could probably use the exercise. I included a smiling emoji. Next thing I know is they were terribly offended. I tried to respond with an apology but, by then, I had been suspended for 3 weeks for violating their policy against 'bullying' and 'body shaming.' I responded by quitting the forum and suggested they grow up and not be "so easily offended." Especially on a car forum. Welcome to the new woke world.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Windshield and rear wipers 1670423836727

C-note for wipers

https://motorhills.com/do-wiper-blades-have-a-shelf-life/

Yes, wiper blades have a shelf life. It’s probably shorter than you expected. There are variables that will change how long your blades last, but they don’t tend to last longer than a year. Typically, you’ll find yourself replacing them every 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on how often you use them, the quality of the wipers, and where you live and park.

https://www.303products.com.au/component/content/article/21-products/automotive/22-303-automotive-protectant

Ford Bronco Sport Windshield and rear wipers 1670423448961
Not sure about the shelf life......... but.............

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
You all get my drift.
Odd right ?
Outstanding !
Now for the rear wiper.
At my Ford dealer,
$20,
Wait for it,,,
As you were ;’P
Yup, had to buy all three from dealer and it was over the C-note with the CA sales tax. To add insult-to-injury they had to order them, so made two trips. Only good thing is they‘re for a Ford, if I want them for my other car I have to make them myself from “parts”.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don’t think he can respond being banned. Too bad. Osco’s contributions are insightful. I won’t refer to him as was or were.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Why does your name show as 'Banned? You're probably one of the most productive members of this forum.
I hope they let him back in.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You all get my drift.
Odd right ?
Outstanding !
Now for the rear wiper.
At my Ford dealer,
$20,
Wait for it,,,
As you were ;’P
Feel your pain. I swapped fronts at a wallyworld. Pretty sure they don't fit OEM but they work. The only rear I could find was a couple inches too long but snapped in. I removed it and used tin snips to trim to a perfect length to cover more glass. Put the ends back on, and bam. Works good. I probably spent $30 total. So far so good.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
rockauto.com has the Motorcraft wiper blades listed:

Ford Bronco Sport Windshield and rear wipers 1670470367641

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You all get my drift.
Odd right ?
Outstanding !
Now for the rear wiper.
At my Ford dealer,
$20,
Wait for it,,,
As you were ;’P
Many new vehicles have different sized wipers. I did 5 years for Advance Auto Parts. We used to install wipers for customers as store policy. Have them do it. They also give you a "limited lifetime warranty" on the wipers. Keep your receipts, go back within a year and have new wipers put on. Use their company policy to your advantage.
Sponsored