wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/ford-recalls-170k-vehicles-over-rear-view-camera-issue/

Another recall. Is the Sport next? It seems Ford has had numerous problems & recalls with backup cameras.

My 2nd 2013 Escape Titanium had a camera issue. The image was really awful, blurry and really hard to see at night.

They replaced the camera, and it was a lot better.

I don't know who their supplier is, but they may want to revisit that if possible.

Does anyone know if the supplier pays for any recall costs? Always been curious what their liability is.
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Had this on a 2020 Explorer. The rear view camera would just show blue & a blue triangle in the 360 view. Recall #1 never fixed it. I think it hit recall #2 after I traded it. Hopefully they get this fixed some way & somehow.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
The rear camera on my 21 Badlands has been a problem since delivery. It shows me parked on the passenger side white line when I’m within the lines of a parking space. I drive into the centre of a friend’s single driveway but the camera view shows I’m too far to the right side. The camera has been recalibrated once but wasn’t perfect and eventually got worse. This becomes more of an issue when parallel parking, especially on the left side of a one-way street. I can’t trust the camera to show how far I am from the curb. How is it that a camera doesn’t show an accurate view? The rear camera on my 2015 Escape Titanium showed a clearer, crisper, accurate view.

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
I had a 2013 Escape and the rear camera always worked flawlessly

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Recalls happen.

How did we ever survive without a camera showing us where we were going backing up? 😂🤣
True. Or reverse sensors. Rear cameras were mandated in Canada in 2018.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Recalls happen.

How did we ever survive without a camera showing us where we were going backing up? 😂🤣
You joke, but now that I've had one I'm pretty reliant on it! My first car didn't have one but with this only being my second vehicle, I've definitely gotten used to having one. Always feels weird to hop into a fleet vehicle at work and back without a camera.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You joke, but now that I've had one I'm pretty reliant on it! My first car didn't have one but with this only being my second vehicle, I've definitely gotten used to having one. Always feels weird to hop into a fleet vehicle at work and back without a camera.
My wife still thinks it weird when I backup the length of the driveway without looking over my shoulder.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Recalls happen.

Some how we did, and on a few of my 60's cars I only had a driver's side mirror.

But now that rear cameras are mandatory on all vehicles, I guess they should work correctly.

That's a huge cost for a recall. Can anyone chime in about whether the vendor has to pay for any of the costs?

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Some how we did, and on a few of my 60's cars I only had a driver's side mirror.
I had to buy the passenger's side mirror for my 1983 VW Rabbit L.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Recalls happen.

Cas had thinner B,C,and D pillars, and weren't hampered by swoopy triangular rear side windows, influenced by style rather than function.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
My wife still thinks it weird when I backup the length of the driveway without looking over my shoulder.
I still look over my shoulder, check my side mirrors as well. It is in my DNA to do so.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I still look over my shoulder, check my side mirrors as well. It is in my DNA to do so.

Same here. This is my first car with a backup camera and I always forget that it's there so, yes, over the shoulder is still my style.
Sponsored