Will mountain bike fit inside without removing tires?

tigerpawn

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I am thinking of buying a badlands edition bronco sport
can someone tell me can you put a mountain bike inside of Vehicle in back
without taking the tires off
thanx
Sponsored

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
I am thinking of buying a badlands edition bronco sport
can someone tell me can you put a mountain bike inside of Vehicle in back
without taking the tires off
thanx
Not possible without taking at least the front tire off and considering someone had to take their back seat out in order to get their bikes to fit in a non badlands(less height), I am going to say it is impossible to put a mountain bike in unless it's a kids bike.

OP
OP

tigerpawn

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Not possible without taking at least not taking the front tire off and considering someone had to take their back seat out in order to get their bikes to fit in a non badlands(less height), I am going to say it is impossible to put a mountain bike in unless it's a kids bike.
Thanx
thats what I thought
but wasn’t sure,

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I'll try to remember to try that for you this afternoon. I haven't tried putting mine it yet but I've been meaning too. Will let you know if I get some time this afternoon.

OP
OP

tigerpawn

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I'll try to remember to try that for you this afternoon. I haven't tried putting mine it yet but I've been meaning too. Will let you know if I get some time this afternoon.
Thanx

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
Not possible without taking at least the front tire off and considering someone had to take their back seat out in order to get their bikes to fit in a non-badlands (less height), I am going to say it is impossible to put a mountain bike in unless it's a kids bike.
hm.... It is a given that the front tire needs to come off but what is this that a bike won't fit on non badlands models? Interior space should be the same in all models with sunroom being the only variable.

Being able to fit a bike inside is one of the main reason that I am going for the bronco sport vs others as a replacement for my lemon...... with my bike being around ~$5k definitely feel more comfortable having it inside, even a short stops at a gas station to get water or a quick snack is always terrifying when it is sitting outside on a carrier.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
hm.... It is a given that the front tire needs to come off but what is this that a bike won't fit on non badlands models? Interior space should be the same in all models with sunroom being the only variable.

Being able to fit a bike inside is one of the main reason that I am going for the bronco sport vs others as a replacement for my lemon...... with my bike being around ~$5k definitely feel more comfortable having it inside, even a short stops at a gas station to get water or a quick snack is always terrifying when it is sitting outside on a carrier.
Badlands cargo deck is higher than other trims to fit full size spare tire.
James started thread on how to remove seat in order to get his bike to fit in Big Bend trim. This makes me assume that there is no chance in hell that a standard adult mountain bike can fit in a badlands. This safari roof is a false marketing ploy. I mean look at the exterior. It's maybe a whole 2" at most height difference.
removing bench seat

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
In the next week or so, when my local dealer gets the interior bike rack installed on their demo (badlands without BL option). I plan to bring my Gf bike (small women's size) and my bike which is Large. Both 27.5 I want to see if it will fit both completely. Im also concerned how it will mount, because my fork is 15mm thru axle, and her's is the standard quick release. I'll post pictures when that happens

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the next week or so, when my local dealer gets the interior bike rack installed on their demo (badlands without BL option). I plan to bring my Gf bike (small women's size) and my bike which is Large. Both 27.5 I want to see if it will fit both completely. Im also concerned how it will mount, because my fork is 15mm thru axle, and her's is the standard quick release. I'll post pictures when that happens
Great please do, that is almost my exact same setup for bikes(large 27.5 and small W 29er) and need to be able to fit them both in a badlands otherwise the bronco might not be for me.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only one way for a mountain bike to fit with both tires on:

Ford Bronco Sport Will mountain bike fit inside without removing tires? 20210221_124619

Ford Bronco Sport Will mountain bike fit inside without removing tires? 20210221_124538
Personally regardless of whether it fits with the tire on or not I need to remove the front tire for my mounting "rack"/platform as shown above by @omahafordowner.

@omahafordowner like the above poster asked did the bike not fit unless at an angle or did it move during transport?