Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi All!
Dumb question I wanted some input on! Will swapping my 225/60/18s on my OB for 245/65/17s affect ABS?
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Larger tires won't affect ABS but heavier tires are harder to slow down, so braking as a whole gets worse. However it's a pretty negligible effect.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
The pulse frequency will be very slightly less as Ford computers looks at that 80 times per second and reacts to big swings for ABS and traction control. Shouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP
JackisDunn

JackisDunn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The pulse frequency will be very slightly less as Ford computers looks at that 80 times per second and reacts to big swings for ABS and traction control. Shouldn't be an issue.
Could you explain that as if you were explaining to a child something with crayons

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Could you explain that as if you were explaining to a child something with crayons
maybe but I'd need carpal tunnel surgery afterwards. I probably shouldn't have mentioned traction control as it gets into sideways skids as well as forward traction as it relates to traction control. I was only referring to forward traction. Pulse frequency was referring to the ABS sensor and ring. Check out the attachment and see if it helps.

https://apecbraking.co.uk/Resources/TechniciansGuides/ABS-Sensors.aspx
Sponsored