Why Does It Sound Like BS Is Still Running?

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My BS has been turned off for over an hour and I can hear a little humming in the engine like something is running but it’s turned off? Am I going crazy?
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My BS has been turned off for over an hour and I can hear a little humming in the engine like something is running but it’s turned off? Am I going crazy?
Occasionally my lights get stuck on, maybe the headlight fan is still on... Try turning the power on and off and relock it.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Mine does this too, but eventually turns off. Sometimes it starts up when I only open the door and close it (without turning the car on). I’m going to try what @Benanza said, thanks!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Mine does this too, but eventually turns off. Sometimes it starts up when I only open the door and close it (without turning the car on). I’m going to try what @Benanza said, thanks!
When you open the doors the lights turn on which turns the fan on too, that is normal. But random without doing anything, thats a problem. I have a running log of times and dates for next service appointment. I fear if they can't see it happen they can't fix it. I just did a recent update this weekend haven't seen it happen since. Took 47 minutes download to install, good thing I wasn't in a rush

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you open the doors the lights turn on which turns the fan on too, that is normal. But random without doing anything, thats a problem. I have a running log of times and dates for next service appointment. I fear if they can't see it happen they can't fix it. I just did a recent update this weekend haven't seen it happen since. Took 47 minutes download to install, good thing I wasn't in a rush
That’s good to know. Did you do the update yourself or did the dealership do it? I always thought it was strange how the fan would turn on when I would open the doors. One time I received a message in my Ford Pass that said it was suspended to preserve battery life. Very strange. I never saw that alert again after that.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
That’s good to know. Did you do the update yourself or did the dealership do it? I always thought it was strange how the fan would turn on when I would open the doors. One time I received a message in my Ford Pass that said it was suspended to preserve battery life. Very strange. I never saw that alert again after that.
I did the update myself via download, but I keep the auto update off so it doesn't start when Im in a rush cause it will load an incomplete download once it loses wifi. That's when I seem to always have issues so to decided no more auto updates. Stick is faster but going to the dealer might have 2-3 updates missed before the next available appointment ?

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the update myself via download, but I keep the auto update off so it doesn't start when Im in a rush cause it will load an incomplete download once it loses wifi. That's when I seem to always have issues so to decided no more auto updates. Stick is faster but going to the dealer might have 2-3 updates missed before the next available appointment ?
Ok, I didn't know that. I tried scanning for an update when I first purchased my BS, but it seemed to be taking awhile so I stopped it. I don't have the best wifi in my driveway. I hope I didn't cut mine out too soon and that's why I've been having these little bugs. I believe I turned the auto updates off too. Just today, I turned my car on and everything was normal and then my screen blacked out - radio still playing. Had to turn it off, open the door, and turn it on again. Came back to normal. Maybe mine needs some updates.
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it.
Sponsored