Why can't we get the cyber orange in base and big bend with matching roof.

nhmaina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot 2011
Why can't we get the cyber orange in the base or big bend. Those are the only two with matching roof color. For some reason, as you move UP in model you loose the matching roof. Which seems strange. Why not have it as an option in the higher trims. Why do car companies play around with colors like that.
Sponsored

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Maybe because it's a more expensive color, so they only offer it on the higher end models? (I'm assuming it requires more work to do that color properly, either that or Ford is being greedy on what they assume will be a popular color).

It's also odd that the higher end models only come with a black or grey roof, and not body color. If it was limited because of moonroofs that would make a bit more sense, but it's not that either... so why no body color on high end?

They may simply be trying to streamline their production runs, so certain things are offered on certain packages. Two-tone is popular, so they may be banking on that for the high end.

(This is also why the equipment packages are also mostly all-or-nothing.. so you get a base of your model, or the base+specific package).

Personally, I like the two-tone, but I would have preferred a lighter color on top than the grey.

Either way, when these are on dealer lots in SoCal, they'll be white, silver, or black.. because any car sold in SoCal is white, silver or black... :crackup:

OP
OP

nhmaina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot 2011
Wouldn't a black roof be too hot in so cal ? I wouldn't mind a white roof, kind of retro. With white front grill.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Wouldn't a black roof be too hot in so cal ? I wouldn't mind a white roof, kind of retro. With white front grill.
Not sure about white, but I'd definitely prefer a lighter color. Hard to say how light the grey that is offered is.

Reactions: Jrl

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Rapid Red is all one color(body and roof) on Big Bend.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
CO is an extra paint cost option that's why it's not available for "lower trims". Personally, I think all 10 paint colors should be available on every trim package.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
CO is an extra paint cost option that's why it's not available for "lower trims". Personally, I think all 10 paint colors should be available on every trim package.
I fully disagree with this concept. I get your interest, but that's the point of trim levels. It's common across many manufacturers. When I purchased my challenger, the different trim levels had different levels of exclusive adds/choices. If you make every trim vanilla...why bother. It's not like there is a $30K difference between base and Badlands. Life is full of choices, If they made every option a checkbox these would cost considerably more as you would have 1000 variant combinations. Not directed at you personally...this concept is not new or unique.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
You would have to ask Ford product marketing to know why. They have their reasons. Want Cyber Orange gotta step up to Badlands. That is how they wanted to do it...

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My Big Bend is all Rapid Red. Keep debating the mono color or white roof or black roof and liking the one color more and more. Plus there is no going back unless a wrap but I don’t think that’s in my immediate future.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
That's the reason cars have options and different models. If the starting level model had all the options of the higher end models what would be the point? Ya have to pay to Play.
Sponsored