Why can't we get the cyber orange in base and big bend with matching roof.

nhmaina

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot 2011
Why can't we get the cyber orange in the base or big bend. Those are the only two with matching roof color. For some reason, as you move UP in model you loose the matching roof. Which seems strange. Why not have it as an option in the higher trims. Why do car companies play around with colors like that.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Maybe because it's a more expensive color, so they only offer it on the higher end models? (I'm assuming it requires more work to do that color properly, either that or Ford is being greedy on what they assume will be a popular color).

It's also odd that the higher end models only come with a black or grey roof, and not body color. If it was limited because of moonroofs that would make a bit more sense, but it's not that either... so why no body color on high end?

They may simply be trying to streamline their production runs, so certain things are offered on certain packages. Two-tone is popular, so they may be banking on that for the high end.

(This is also why the equipment packages are also mostly all-or-nothing.. so you get a base of your model, or the base+specific package).

Personally, I like the two-tone, but I would have preferred a lighter color on top than the grey.

Either way, when these are on dealer lots in SoCal, they'll be white, silver, or black.. because any car sold in SoCal is white, silver or black... :crackup:

OP

nhmaina

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot 2011
Wouldn't a black roof be too hot in so cal ? I wouldn't mind a white roof, kind of retro. With white front grill.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Wouldn't a black roof be too hot in so cal ? I wouldn't mind a white roof, kind of retro. With white front grill.
Not sure about white, but I'd definitely prefer a lighter color. Hard to say how light the grey that is offered is.