KathyFL

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I live in Florida & this particular day, the car had been parked out in full sun for most of the day.
I entered my destination in Googlemaps in my phone & plugged the phone into the Bronco. It started playing my book from Audible & the navigation. All good. Then I stopped at the gas station but did not unplug the phone, filled up the car, restarted it & the Bronco screen was blank. No Nav, no book & it started planing a single song from Sirus over & over. Ugh! Only around 300 miles on the car. I got home, turned everything off, let it cool down, then went back out & restarted the car & everything operates normally. I have been unable to recreate this problem. Will it save this trick again when I'm in an area that I really do need the Nav & entertainment of a good book?
Overheating? Normally it's parked in a garage.
I had to trade my 2019 Transit Connect in for all kinds of unexplained & very expensive problems so I worry about another car with gremlins.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
…Only around 300 miles on the car. I got home, turned everything off, let it cool down, then went back out & restarted the car & everything operates normally.
Any ideas?
gremlins but save this info which may help if the problem occurs again

If it occurs frequently you’ll have to have your service department have a look at the vehicle assuming the problem is easily repeatable.

Steps 2 and 3 probably won’t be needed.

RESETTING THE SYNC3 SYSTEM
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up (seek forward) and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
2. “Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.”
3. “Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.”

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
OP
OP
KathyFL

KathyFL

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
gremlins but save this info which may help if the problem occurs again

If it occurs frequently you’ll have to have your service department have a look at the vehicle assuming the problem is easily repeatable.

Steps 2 and 3 probably won’t be needed.

RESETTING THE SYNC3 SYSTEM
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up (seek forward) and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
2. “Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.”
3. “Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.”
Thank you I will give that a try & keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
KathyFL

KathyFL

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I don't think its from overheating. I live in Florida also and my car is always parked outside, and I don't always use my sunshade. Also spent weeks out west this summer without the shade and never had any issues.

What version of Sync are you running? I would start there and make sure you are up to date on that.

Check this thread for Sync info

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/sync-3-4-build-23188-now-available-9-2-23.9557/
The onboard Sync says it's up to date. Last checked 10/2/23. Running 3.4 build 22251

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
The onboard Sync says it's up to date. Last checked 10/2/23. Running 3.4 build 22251
Read that thread I linked. Even though the WiFi says it is up to date it’s not. Check FordPass online.

OP
OP
KathyFL

KathyFL

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Read that thread I linked. Even though the WiFi says it is up to date it’s not. Check FordPass online.
Will do! Thank you!

SBGrad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Just FYI. My car said 'up to date,' as well, even though the FordPass app said there was a newer version available (23188). Running a manual update search in the car, the Bronco still said I was up to date. I had to download the update from a laptop to a thumb drive and update Sync that way.

Having said all that, I never saw any gremlins with build 22251.
Sponsored