B. Bumble

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My Bronze smoke Outer Banks came in last week! (after a 5 month wait). I'm happy but like some of you I thought the letters stood out too much, so here's my solution. 1- I positioned tracing paper over the letters and made rubbings with the side of a pencil to get the exact outlines of each, 2- Using this vinyl film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TSV7KKR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details, I lightly spray mounted the letter tracings (or copies) over the film and carefully cut out the shape of each 1/8" in from the edge using a #11 exacto, (a 1-2 hour job) 3-Removed the paper from both top and bottom and applied to the plastic letters (after cleaning each with alcohol to remove any oils). The film seems high quality and I'm not too worried about it peeling off.

Ford Bronco Sport White BRONCO SPORT Lettering Custom DIY Modification bronco1

Ford Bronco Sport White BRONCO SPORT Lettering Custom DIY Modification bronco2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Came out Nice, Congrats

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
While I applaud the effort and end result, there are any number of people on Etsy that sell this kind of thing for a fair price.

Dennis b

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
My Bronze smoke Outer Banks came in last week! (after a 5 month wait). I'm happy but like some of you I thought the letters stood out too much, so here's my solution. 1- I positioned tracing paper over the letters and made rubbings with the side of a pencil to get the exact outlines of each, 2- Using this vinyl film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TSV7KKR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details, I lightly spray mounted the letter tracings (or copies) over the film and carefully cut out the shape of each 1/8" in from the edge using a #11 exacto, (a 1-2 hour job) 3-Removed the paper from both top and bottom and applied to the plastic letters (after cleaning each with alcohol to remove any oils). The film seems high quality and I'm not too worried about it peeling off.

Looks good.

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Looks awesome

bozer

Badlands
First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250, 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Good job, you have a steady hand and a lot of patience. I got mine of Etsy, now I have to do the lift gate.

Ford Bronco Sport White BRONCO SPORT Lettering Custom DIY Modification BS grill overlays2

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue

Wow, that really looks awesome!!!

Mick2022OB

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo XC90 Recharge

looks great

Budstang2k5

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands / 2018 Ford F150 5.0

Looks really sharp........nicely done.

ColoradoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Fantastic!

DigitalRod50

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150

Really Nice!
Sponsored