Whistling type of sound from cargo area

First Name
Claudia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hi everyone,
I bought a 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend brand new last month. I've been hearing a whistling kind of sound from the rear cargo area. The noise becomes audible when the car approaches approximately 37 mph and higher. It doesn't sound like a loud noise but is heard, especially rear seated passengers can hear it.

I took it to my dealer they said they did not see anything and mentioned they could not hear the noise.
I have all the windows closed but still hear it.

Other than this sound the car seems great so far.

This is the first time for me driving a Bronco Sport. Is this a normal sound on these cars? Appreciate tips and your guidance. Thank you
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Take the BS back, and ask the service advisor to go with you on a test drive so she/he can hear it. Then they can refer it to a service person to locate and fix. Maybe it's the rear hatch/glass seal...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,
I bought a 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend brand new last month. I've been hearing a whistling kind of sound from the rear cargo area. The noise becomes audible when the car approaches approximately 37 mph and higher. It doesn't sound like a loud noise but is heard, especially rear seated passengers can hear it.

I took it to my dealer they said they did not see anything and mentioned they could not hear the noise.
I have all the windows closed but still hear it.

Other than this sound the car seems great so far.

This is the first time for me driving a Bronco Sport. Is this a normal sound on these cars? Appreciate tips and your guidance. Thank you
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Patrick

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
I just completed a 2500 mile trip and noticed a similar sound when seated in rear seat at highway speeds. I just ignored it as I didn't hear it in the front seat.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I just completed a 2500 mile trip and noticed a similar sound when seated in rear seat at highway speeds. I just ignored it as I didn't hear it in the front seat.
Hi Patrick! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

OP
OP
First Name
Claudia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Good morning,
This is Claudia. Thank you for replying to my issue of the whistling sound coming from the rear cargo area of my 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend (brand new).
I don't know what the protocol is. Do you know if this is a private message? (I assume it is). I guess this is where you needed me to provide the VIN and dealer information.

VIN 3FMCR9B60PRD13631
I purchased it from Sheehy Ford in Springfield, Virginia. I bought Ford's extended warranty as well. Springfield is far from my home. The closest Ford dealer to me is Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly, Virginia. If I can take it there, that would be wonderful!

I so appreciate your quick response. Please let me know if you want additional information.
Thank you,
Claudia

OP
OP
First Name
Claudia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning,
This is Claudia. Thank you for replying to my issue of the whistling sound coming from the rear cargo area of my 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend (brand new).
I don't know what the protocol is. Would you happen to know if this is a private message? (I assume it is). This is where you needed me to provide the VIN and dealer information.

VIN 3FMCR9B60PRD13631
I purchased it from Sheehy Ford in Springfield, Virginia. I bought Ford's extended warranty as well. Springfield is far from my home. The closest Ford dealer to me is Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly, Virginia. If I can take it there, that would be wonderful!

I so appreciate your quick response. Please let me know if you want additional information.
Thank you,
Claudia
I'm sorry if you get it twice; I'm new to this forum.

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Good morning,
I don't know what the protocol is. Do you know if this is a private message? (I assume it is). I guess this is where you needed me to provide the VIN and dealer information.

VIN 3FMCR9B60PRD13631

Thank you,
Claudia

Lol this isnā€™t a Private Messageā€¦

Also On my ā€˜23 BS BB I have the same noise coming from the back as well. I originally thought the back latch wasnā€™t closed all the way. Kinda getting used to it, I guess

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Lol this isnā€™t a Private Messageā€¦

Also On my ā€˜23 BS BB I have the same noise coming from the back as well. I originally thought the back latch wasnā€™t closed all the way. Kinda getting used to it, I guess
I have contacted the Ford Motor Company member here and asked them to change their response as to how they ask for a message. Many here do not know that to send a message, you hover over their avatar, then select Start a Conversation.

I see they have not added that to their response.

Now everyone knows yet another VIN.

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I have contacted the Ford Motor Company member here and asked them to change their response as to how they ask for a message. Many here do not know that to send a message, you hover over their avatar, then select Start a Conversation.

I see they have not added that to their response.

Now everyone knows yet another VIN.
Yup, that they do! Lol
Sponsored