Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hello,

wondering what would look best. Currently using stock wheels and Nitto nomad grappler in stock size (225/60/18). I had the 1.5” RC sst lift installed today so was considering a new tire/wheel combo.

Ford Bronco Sport Wheel/tire advice after 1.5” sst lift 1C546BE3-AA6E-4C39-9F86-00D9C0F0C475

Am thinking 235/65/18 or 245/65/17.

I noticed that there’s way less A/T options in the 235/65/18 size but the few options available are good and I like that the diameter is roughly 1/2” larger than the 245/65/17. Just looking for some opinions!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If you are looking at new wheels, you might consider a 16” wheel too, like me. I went with a 245/70/16. The lift does not change what tire diameter you can safely use on the BS. The interference happens at the back lower corner of the front wheel wells when the wheel is turned and generally with some compression, though that doesn’t necessarily have to happen to get interference.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
245/60/18 fit without lift and it seems you want the 18 and the wider. You can do 255, especially with your lift, but read some of those threads. That is, search 255 and you’ll see people running 18’s but some caveats.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
What's your priority? Looks? Better road handling? More height? Better off-road capability?

Each of these priorities comes with compromises for the others, so if you want an intelligent answer you should be specific.

OP
OP

Matt.M

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
What's your priority? Looks? Better road handling? More height? Better off-road capability?

Each of these priorities comes with compromises for the others, so if you want an intelligent answer you should be specific.
Thanks all for the feedback.

I drive mostly on paved roads but from time to time I drive on unsaved/gravel trails. I don’t see myself doing any advanced enthusiast trails or rock crawling, etc.

My priorities are ride height, road handling and appearance.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You'll be limited in diameter by the size of the wheel well. The group consensus suggests 245/65R17 as the largest diameter you may use without rubbing. If you plan to stick with the 18" wheels you can use the tire comparison tool at www.tiresize.com determine appropriate tire size.

A rugged-looking tire implies an aggressive, blocky tread pattern, which will adversely affect road handling, so you'll need to determine which is most important before making your choice. My advice would be to narrow down your selections based on the look you want, then compare the reviews for each tire over at www.tirerack.com. Most tires that've been on the market for any time will have owner reviews, which include categories like handling, braking, wet traction, wear life, etc.

Good luck!

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Hello,

wondering what would look best. Currently using stock wheels and Nitto nomad grappler in stock size (225/60/18). I had the 1.5” RC sst lift installed today so was considering a new tire/wheel combo.

Ford Bronco Sport Wheel/tire advice after 1.5” sst lift 1C546BE3-AA6E-4C39-9F86-00D9C0F0C475

Am thinking 235/65/18 or 245/65/17.

I noticed that there’s way less A/T options in the 235/65/18 size but the few options available are good and I like that the diameter is roughly 1/2” larger than the 245/65/17. Just looking for some opinions!

Thanks!
How about a 255/55R-18 or 245/60R-18 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail on a solid black finish wheel. Or even a gun metal center with black simulated beadlock look. Both tires are 1/2 taller and 1inch wider roughly. Nitto Nomads also come in that size if you want to stay with same manufacturer.

OP
OP

Matt.M

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You'll be limited in diameter by the size of the wheel well. The group consensus suggests 245/65R17 as the largest diameter you may use without rubbing. If you plan to stick with the 18" wheels you can use the tire comparison tool at www.tiresize.com determine appropriate tire size.

A rugged-looking tire implies an aggressive, blocky tread pattern, which will adversely affect road handling, so you'll need to determine which is most important before making your choice. My advice would be to narrow down your selections based on the look you want, then compare the reviews for each tire over at www.tirerack.com. Most tires that've been on the market for any time will have owner reviews, which include categories like handling, braking, wet traction, wear life, etc.

Good luck!
Very helpful comparison tools! I am going with the Toyo AT III 235/65/18. Having these wrapped around the stock rims Friday at my local Ford dealership.

I’ll post some pictures when done.

Also really like the idea of new 18” wheels with a mix of black/gun barrel color. Probably a a couple weeks down the road at best but I’ll be looking!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Very helpful comparison tools! I am going with the Toyo AT III 235/65/18. Having these wrapped around the stock rims Friday at my local Ford dealership.

I’ll post some pictures when done.

Also really like the idea of new 18” wheels with a mix of black/gun barrel color. Probably a a couple weeks down the road at best but I’ll be looking!
A very good choice on the tire. I had the same at 235/60/18 and I loved them. Although I will admit I think the 245 would have looked better on my vehicle but was not needed.
Looking forward to the pics.

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
:) Hello Tigger
I have a question for you or anyone else that feels free to answer ( lol I hope it's a lot of you :thumbsup: 🙂
From what I have been reading and if I'm understanding this correctly :whew: If I have my BS /BL lifted with a 1.5 lift kit :cool: I should be able to run 235/60/18 and not have any issue's with the tires rubbing :question: Plus I would need to get a alignment 🙂 I want more of a off road look but I will be on the rmain roads most of the time :whew: Ok I might want to check out the sand dunes once with him . :crackup::cwl:

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !,
Fitment shows that with a 1.5 inch lift, a 245/60R-18 is a solid fit. So a 235/60R-18 being smaller is good to go. You might want to check out the Nitto Nomad Grappler for the off road look. It comes in both 245 and 235. Hope this helps.

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
@C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !,
Fitment shows that with a 1.5 inch lift, a 245/60R-18 is a solid fit. So a 235/60R-18 being smaller is good to go. You might want to check out the Nitto Nomad Grappler for the off road look. It comes in both 245 and 235. Hope this helps.
:clap::clap: Yes it does ! :like: Thank you very much :) I will be buying them at my local Discount Tire :handsinair::)

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
:clap::clap: Yes it does ! :like: Thank you very much :) I will be buying them at my local Discount Tire :handsinair::)
Yes, I agree with the Disciunt Tire response and honestly, with the lift, the 235’s will look nice but I’d do the 245 for a better look because more tire is exposed for viewing. The lift and bigger tire will affect gas mileage a bit but from what I have been reading, it is worth it.

Also, take the opinion of your local Discount Tire employees on tires and size. I find they love geeking out with answers about my Sport.

Last edited:

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
Yes, I agree with the Disciunt Tire response and honestly, with the lift, I’d do the 245 for a better look because more tire is exposed for viewing. The lift and bigger tire will affect gas mileage a bit but from what I have been reading, it is worth it.

Also, take the opinion of your local Discount Tire employees on tires and size. I find they love geeking out with answers about my Sport.
:like: Yes and Thank you ! :) I just spoke with a person at the place that would installs the lift kit :frown: Once he found out that I have the BS/ BL he said that what they have will not work :sadface: So he will have to check around to find out what will work with my BS 2023 BL :crying: Maybe I don't even need
to have a lift kit :) I do know that the BS/ BL are a little taller in general so I might save a little 💰
Sponsored