MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Wife has a '19 Jeep compass. The sport is head and shoulders better to drive.
Can I ask in what way? Or any other insights in comparing the two? I got browsing Jeep one night wondering if they might also make a worthy competitor. But after 15 mins of not being able to figure out the difference between the compass & the Cherokee, or why they wouldn’t put their resources into developing one compact, I gave up & went back to waiting on my BS order.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Can I ask in what way? Or any other insights in comparing the two? I got browsing Jeep one night wondering if they might also make a worthy competitor. But after 15 mins of not being able to figure out the difference between the compass & the Cherokee, or why they wouldn’t put their resources into developing one compact, I gave up & went back to waiting on my BS order.
Personally speaking I feel the bronco seats are more comfortable and the interior is more accessible. The jeep seems more cramped, and the back cargo seems smaller to me. Some of the extra little details, Ford really thought out the design.
The Badlands with optional 235 tires is a lot more stout. After driving through a Michigan winter the Badlands handled the snow much better and never hesitated or felt loose/out of contact with pavement using the auto all wheel drive. It was cool watching the wheels engage on the screen.
I am admittedly biased, I like the Bronco a lot.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Personally speaking I feel the bronco seats are more comfortable and the interior is more accessible. The jeep seems more cramped, and the back cargo seems smaller to me. Some of the extra little details, Ford really thought out the design.
The Badlands with optional 235 tires is a lot more stout. After driving through a Michigan winter the Badlands handled the snow much better and never hesitated or felt loose/out of contact with pavement using the auto all wheel drive. It was cool watching the wheels engage on the screen.
I am admittedly biased, I like the Bronco a lot.
Thanks for the comparison & confirming my biases as well. There aren’t many viable alternatives, at least not yet, to the Bronco even if there’s a lot of great secondary vehicles to take up garage space with them.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am biased, I'll state that upfront. The jeep is nice, the bronco is just a more advanced and better designed vehicle. It rides much smoother which was one of the goals...street savvy, off-road capable. Drive them both, you may like the jeep🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks for the comparison & confirming my biases as well. There aren’t many viable alternatives, at least not yet, to the Bronco even if there’s a lot of great secondary vehicles to take up garage space with them.

Reactions: MJE

Nyc4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GC Trailhawk / ‘16 Jeep Patriot/ ‘22 BS BB
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee trailhawk
Ford Bronco Sport What's your other ride(s)? 1649801667357

2016 Jeep Patriot