What tires can fit in the spare slot in the Badlands?

Gestalt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands, Subaru Legacy
This may be answered somewhere but I could not easily find it, so please forgive me.

Has anyone had issue with fitting a 235/65R17 in the spare well on the Badlands?

I have a Badlands with the Scorpion tires and thinking about buying Falkens at the same size as what would have come if I opted for it with Ford. I have heard from others that the spare is always the Scorpions on badlands, even if you opted for the Falken. Naturally, I'm thinking about buying a whole set + spare, but I would like to know ahead of time if I will need to find somewhere else to put the larger spare tire.
Sponsored

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
My 235/70R16 K02s fit. Should be about the same size. Very snug on the outside diameter, maybe lifts the floor 1/8”

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I put one of my 245/65/17s in the spare tire slot before I had them mounted. It did fit but I don't think it would fit mounted on a rim and fully inflated.

xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I put one of my 245/65/17s in the spare tire slot before I had them mounted. It did fit but I don't think it would fit mounted on a rim and fully inflated.
I have a Badlands with a Falken WP3 235/65R17 on the stock spare rim. It fits in it with no issue, just a little fatter. It puts your rear spare tire cover/cargo mat up on the higher of the two slots. It fits within the foam inserts with no issue.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a Badlands with a Falken WP3 235/65R17 on the stock spare rim. It fits in it with no issue, just a little fatter. It puts your rear spare tire cover/cargo mat up on the higher of the two slots. It fits within the foam inserts with no issue.
Exactly as designed, to fit the optional BL/FE tire. Bigger than 235/65-17, YMMV (and does, as some are reporting).

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Exactly as designed, to fit the optional BL/FE tire. Bigger than 235/65-17, YMMV (and does, as some are reporting).
Except oddly enough, the spare for BL or FE is not a 235/65-17. I think that is why folks are wondering how that size actually fits.
Sponsored