thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My uneducated guess would be for maybe the fog light steering gears. If you can, turn on the fog lights, turn the wheel, and see if the light in the direction of turn goes with the wheel.
Sponsored

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
My uneducated guess would be for maybe the fog light steering gears. If you can, turn on the fog lights, turn the wheel, and see if the light in the direction of turn goes with the wheel.
The fog lights don’t turn. If you’re turning left, the drivers side fog light comes on. If you’re turning right, the passenger side fog light comes on.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fog lights don’t steer. If you’re turning left, the drivers side fog light comes on. If you’re turning right, the passenger side fog light comes on.
Well that's useless if they're already on.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I assume you checked the headlight adjustment points on both sides ... I took these pix; and they're similar but not exact, as far as I can see.

Ford Bronco Sport What is it? 20220426_140440

Ford Bronco Sport What is it? 20220426_140108

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It’s a replacement in lieu of an engine cover, under hood insulation and under dash
panel cover

GCross762

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
It looks like an adjustment wheel for either your head lights or the fog lights. Where exactly was it found at?

OP
OP
dacdog

dacdog

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
I assume you checked the headlight adjustment points on both sides ... I took these pix; and they're similar but not exact, as far as I can see.

Ford Bronco Sport What is it? 20220426_140440

Ford Bronco Sport What is it? 20220426_140108
I checked those and they look okay. Going to dealer today and drop off the part and tell them to call me when they figure it out... Everything seems to function properly.

OP
OP
dacdog

dacdog

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
It looks like an adjustment wheel for either your head lights or the fog lights. Where exactly was it found at?
I fell out when I pull the bottom panel off to change oil.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The headlights don't steer during turns.
Correct. It is the fog lamps that turn on individually when you turn the wheel enough to activate them. It is called turn assist. Pretty cool really. The lamps do not actually turn with you, they just light up.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm surprised you're actually still able to drive without that flux capacitor installed.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
That's 4th gear out of your transmission, according to a Ford Factory mechanic.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I carry a few random pieces of junk in my pocket to toss around when I'm visiting someone else's shop. I expect it drives them crazy trying to figure out where they belong.

OP
OP
dacdog

dacdog

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
That's 4th gear out of your transmission, according to a Ford Factory mechanic.
I carry a few random pieces of junk in my pocket to toss around when I'm visiting someone else's shop. I expect it drives them crazy trying to figure out where they belong.
That is probably the best answer. I hit a deer the other day, figure he threw it in there. Took it to ford and their best answer is it was part of the glove box,,,couldn't figure out how it got in the engine compartment... They didn't have a clue either. I figure Wipers work, hood works, lights work. Maybe the factory guy wanted to do that same thing...

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
That is probably the best answer. I hit a deer the other day, figure he threw it in there. Took it to ford and their best answer is it was part of the glove box,,,couldn't figure out how it got in the engine compartment... They didn't have a clue either. I figure Wipers work, hood works, lights work. Maybe the factory guy wanted to do that same thing...
When I was putting my a pillar trim back together after tracking down a rattle a plastic body panel clip fell out. One of those ones that's usually metal and used alllll over the car.
I have no idea where it came from. I can't find one missing, and all the other ones are metal. This is the first plastic one I've seen.

Maybe the factory workers occasionally throw in spare parts as jokes... (I don't actually believe that)
Sponsored