What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
The actual radio am fm signal is not as strong in my area with the nub. I’m in a more rural area. I just mostly wanted the smaller look. Mostly use my phone for music. I kept the stock one in the glove compartment ? though.
I almost exclusively use SiriusXM so I might do it for clearance for rooftop cargo carrier
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Wow, that's some serious setup and quite a bit of effort you put into that. ? I have an aging Boston Terrier that could use something like that contraption you had setup on the front passenger side. That gives me ideas. lol I see what looks like dog car harness there too, which is commendable. :thumbsup:

Lufifi

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Wow, that's some serious setup and quite a bit of effort you put into that. ? I have an aging Boston Terrier that could use something like that contraption you had setup on the front passenger side. That gives me ideas. lol I see what looks like dog car harness there too, which is commendable. :thumbsup:
The front has a strap that attaches to a harness and it is the size and strength of a regular seat belt.

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
I received the deflators and portable compressor for the tires, I added the Thule HD cross-bar system, I fully weatherized a roof rack with spray-in bedliner and installed it on the roof, and lastly I added 245/65R17 BFG T/A Ko2's including the spare (which fits). The only thing I'm missing is a lift. Here are some pictures.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_162056

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_162113

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_162128

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_162148

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_162231

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_162250

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_083649

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210828_083620

Last edited:

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I received the deflators and portable compressor for the tires, I added the Thule HD cross-bar system, fully weatherization a roof rack with spray-in bedliner and installed it on the roof, and lastly I added 245/65R17 BFG T/A Ko2's including the spare (which fits). The only thing I'm missing is a lift. Here are some pictures.

I’m surprised your slate Doesn’t fort fully covered. I have the same 245/65/17 KO2s on all my wheels including my spare. And the back floor board still covered it with room to spare. Haha pun intended

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I received the deflators and portable compressor for the tires, I added the Thule HD cross-bar system, fully weatherization a roof rack with spray-in bedliner and installed it on the roof, and lastly I added 245/65R17 BFG T/A Ko2's including the spare (which fits). The only thing I'm missing is a lift. Here are some pictures.

That looks fantastic. I think I would like to do similar to mine post lift. I am waiting until I have the $$ to do the kind of lift I want (springs, dampers, modified suspension parts as needed) with the goal being height, longer travel, and a more supple ride in the first part of the suspension travel. Going to have to talk to some rally people about prepping the truck.
The roof box will happen sooner of course. I really like your idea of using bed liner to prevent rust. Did you use an oil fog inside the tubing? That is what is often used by the manufacturers of high end steel bicycles to prevent rust and would be a good idea here as well perhaps.
This tyres look fantastic! I should have gone to 235s when I got mine ?. Have you seen the trailer hitch mounts for spare tyres by Dirtcom? They look good and solid and reviews seem positive. I suppose the one weak spot might be the strength of the locking pin to the receiver hitch, but a spare should be at least as safe there as inside the vehicle. My plan eventually is one of those because like you, I prefer five tyres the same size for my vehicle vs four and a mini spare.

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks fantastic. I think I would like to do similar to mine post lift. I am waiting until I have the $$ to do the kind of lift I want (springs, dampers, modified suspension parts as needed) with the goal being height, longer travel, and a more supple ride in the first part of the suspension travel. Going to have to talk to some rally people about prepping the truck.
The roof box will happen sooner of course. I really like your idea of using bed liner to prevent rust. Did you use an oil fog inside the tubing? That is what is often used by the manufacturers of high end steel bicycles to prevent rust and would be a good idea here as well perhaps.
This tyres look fantastic! I should have gone to 235s when I got mine ?. Have you seen the trailer hitch mounts for spare tyres by Dirtcom? They look good and solid and reviews seem positive. I suppose the one weak spot might be the strength of the locking pin to the receiver hitch, but a spare should be at least as safe there as inside the vehicle. My plan eventually is one of those because like you, I prefer five tyres the same size for my vehicle vs four and a mini spare.
Thanks! I used an automotive black silicone inside the tubing and also used it like a locktite on the threads of the bolts holding the brackets on. You put so much of it on, that when you assemble the parts, the extra oozes out causing a seal on the inside and outside. The bedliner was then applied everywhere, including on the hardware in 2 heavy first coats and 2 lighter coats afterwards to give it the textured feel and look. I haven't looked at the external hitch mounted spare yet, but would be interested in one if I ever become strapped for space on the inside.

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m surprised your slate Doesn’t fort fully covered. I have the same 245/65/17 KO2s on all my wheels including my spare. And the back floor board still covered it with room to spare. Haha pun intended
I think there might be a little less room in the spare compartment on a Badlands if I remember right. Don't quote me on that though. The good news is that it still fits even though the cargo floor is raised approximately 0.5", and when the back seats are folded down, the cargo floor is now flush with the seats.

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think there might be a little less room in the spare compartment on a Badlands if I remember right. Don't quote me on that though. The good news is that it still fits even though the cargo floor is raised approximately 0.5", and when the back seats are folded down, the cargo floor is now flush with the seats.
Guess my auto spell correct got me good lol. My bad.
Sponsored