What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Now that forum members are getting some Bronco Sports to own and love, I thought it would be cool to begin a thread that is often found on other enthusiast boards.

Got your hands a bit dirty working on your Little Bronco recently? Dressed it up? Did a detail? Or how about a mod? Give us a quick post, show us some pics. Share what you are doing to make your Sport uniquely yours.

I’ll kick off with a few items myself to get things started and hopefully we can keep the thread going.
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My plan was to install a rear bumper cover today. I had a feeling it might need to be a little warmer outside and the parts gal had no idea what was required. Opened the box and found the instructions - 68 degrees F. Oh well, I guess I'll be waiting awhile.

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the things that bugged me a bit was that Ford chose to equip my Badlands with LED lighting everywhere BUT the taillight turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights. So today I took care of that and changed out the bulbs with LEDs:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103454(0)_tonemapped

For those are interested, the LED Bulb types you'll need are as follows:

Turn - 921 Amber
Brake - 3157 Red
Backup - 7443 White

Installation was a snap. Changing out the bulbs is well documented in the owner's manual but all you need is a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench. Always be careful when working the housing tabs off of the studs (you REALLY don't want to break one of those) but the whole change-out took me less than 15 minutes.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_102405_tonemapped

I used bulbs from Diode Dynamics (www.diodedynamics.com) as they are an American based company and the quality of their products as well as customer support are outstanding (3 year warranty, but I've had them in my Fiesta ST for nearly 6 years now without a failure). But for those on a budget there are admittedly less expensive options out there.

While it's hard to see in the daylight pic, the backup LEDs are probably the biggest improvement in the cars I've put them in, with a noticeably brighter and whiter light than stock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick dress-up thing, but like many other Ford owners, I'm not a big fan of the factory lug nuts, especially after a particularly annoying experience on the side of a freeway once where the little metal cap stripped off while trying to change a flat.

I've had very good luck with VMS Lug Nuts on my other cars and treated my Badlands to a set of red ones:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_104201 (2)_tonemapped

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
I'm contemplating buying the 'Body Side Mouldings'. They seem pricey, unless the $329 is for both sides of the vehicle...

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My plan was to install a rear bumper cover today. I had a feeling it might need to be a little warmer outside and the parts gal had no idea what was required. Opened the box and found the instructions - 68 degrees F. Oh well, I guess I'll be waiting awhile.
I want to do that too. It 68 is like mid July here. I may have to drive it somewhere warm. Aahhhh

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
One of the things that bugged me a bit was that Ford chose to equip my Badlands with LED lighting everywhere BUT the taillight turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights. So today I took care of that and changed out the bulbs with LEDs:
That has been one of my biggest peeves as well! Any hyper-flash with the turn signals or bulb out errors on the dash?? If this can be done with zero ForScan or ballast resistors I am tearing into mine tomorrow!

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That has been one of my biggest peeves as well! Any hyper-flash with the turn signals or bulb out errors on the dash?? If this can be done with zero ForScan or ballast resistors I am tearing into mine tomorrow!
No, I didn't run into any canbus issues or hyperflash., which was a bit of a relief. The turns were actually the one item that didn't come from Diode Dynamics as they didn't stock a 921 base in amber. Instead I tried one from Lasfit that claimed to be canbus and hyper-flash friendly.

Amazon.com: LASFIT 921 912 T15 CANBUS LED Bulb Upgraded LED Bulbs Amber Yellow for Side Marker Turn Signal Blinker Back up Reverse Light Bulb 2 pack: Automotive

The only notable issue I ran into is they are voltage-directional, so I would test to see they are plugged in correctly before buttoning the lights back up. but the color and brightness are very good.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
When you do, please post pictures. I'm wanting to get it, too.