What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
…but part of me thinks with my Veteran plates people might mistake me for a former NCO (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I was an O3, however...
What happens if someone thinks you were an NCO? Can’t former O3s be Bros?
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Back in the day, I had a hood defector that mounted on my Gen 1 Escape into OEM holes under the hood. The deflector wrapped around and stood off the hood by about an inch. Not sure why something like that isn’t an option for the BS but I have an aversion to anything that sticks to the paint with adhesive. I really like the looks for the Ford deflector but it’s a non-starter for me for just that reason.
There are other options that fit your description, even one from Ford.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Back in the day, I had a hood defector that mounted on my Gen 1 Escape into OEM holes under the hood. The deflector wrapped around and stood off the hood by about an inch. Not sure why something like that isn’t an option for the BS but I have an aversion to anything that sticks to the paint with adhesive. I really like the looks for the Ford deflector but it’s a non-starter for me for just that reason.
The Weathertech one does this. Did it on mine

Deleted member 6599

I have not installed mine yet. Your post scared me, so I called the manfcturer. They told me that the prep does not harm the paint at all, and can easily and cleanly be removed if you later remove the hood deflector.
The hood deflector is just held down with 3m sticky tape. It can be removed later on. Side moldings are 3m sticky tape and black caulk. Those probably aren’t coming off easily. I think they look great and gives me peace of mind that my doors aren’t going to get dinged up.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Weathertech makes a hood deflector that wraps around and mounts to existing holes. No adhesive.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
BRO! The car got a nice wash, wax, and some RainX added to windows on the one sunny day between rainy/overcast ones.

I added some vinyl stickers to the BROnco. My kid said I should leave it as "Bro," but part of me thinks with my Veteran plates people might mistake me for a former NCO (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I was an O3, however. I'll probably finish them. I was a bit hasty with the letters and did end up with some Tiny Bubbles (a Don Ho earworm for you) and a slightly off-center letter R (I'm not too bothered..).

Sadly, the free SpongeBob meme sticker Matt sent didn't adhere, at all 😢, oh well it was free. The color of the letters, BTW, is Green Malachite. It is pretty sweet. Changes from like a Gold/Orange to a Blue-Green/Green shiny color. Matches the A51 well IMO.

Bonus Homie Buddha, which is now centered on my dash (you might see his little yellow scalp in one of the images if you have a sharp eye!). It's the little things.
That A51 color looks SOOOO much better in person/good photographs than what Ford's build system depicts. It's definitely grown on me.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
For the BS, I looked on their site and the one on there looks like it goes on with adhesive
I purchased one, but it was apparently defective so they refunded it. But, it actually attached with existing holes under front lip of hood, no adhesives.:like:

MMR_A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That A51 color looks SOOOO much better in person/good photographs than what Ford's build system depicts. It's definitely grown on me.
I really dig it. Funny enough, my sister-in-law's husband just bought a Maverick in the same color. This color is wild. In some lights, it's almost a dull grey tone and in bright sun, it's very vivid.
Sponsored