Jcrafoord

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Which driving mode did you use predominantly? I'm curious if the Eco mode would make any significant difference in mileage.
I mainly used Eco mode, with some use of the "Slippery" mode when I was going through the snowy Colorado mountains. What what I can tell Eco only changes how fast the car changes gears, which would make no difference since I was always in the top gear during the trip. I may be wrong however.
Sponsored

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
For those with the FE, anyone use the window de-icer ?

I'm trying to talk myself into keeping my first edition ?, i figure I'd use the windshield deicer in the snowy mountains roads more than adaptive cruise/ speed signs thus not switching to a BL which i priced out to 40k anyway with options.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have read a ton of sites on this engine. Premium gas is only recommended. You will see a small boost in power and maybe mileage, but the car will run fine on regular gas.
Definitely.
I've owned three ecoboost engines one 3.5TT , and two 2.0T's they definitely do run perfectly fine on 87 octane to back up your research. HOWEVER, in my response to WHY (as asked earlier in the thread) someone would want to run 91 and up, Ford's owners manual for every ecoboost requires 87 octane , but recommends 91 octane and above in the summer or while towing. In my experience there is a ton of difference in the summer time heat w/ 87 vs 93 on every ecoboost I've had. I was interested in why , and it turns out the ecoboost's ecm will elevate knock threshold and in turn allow more boost pressure while adjusting the timing accordingly. In an F-150 with the 3.5TT in a test car and driver did with a dyno, 93 obtained more than 20 horsepower at the rear wheels and better fuel mileage. Now whether it's worth the spread of price btween reg and prem that's a matter of debate.
Sponsored