tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
rock on I shall try that on the way home. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem - hope you get some success. I had a lot of issues getting my AA to work reliably when I first got my car - it can be a real pain.
Sponsored

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
No problem - hope you get some success. I had a lot of issues getting my AA to work reliably when I first got my car - it can be a real pain.
Went in and found wireless was selected. Switched it off and I'll give it a try. I hope it was sincerely something that stupid.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Be sure Data Usage is turned on on your Android cell phone. Had a problem today and realized I wasn't receiving data. Turned on Data Usage and immediately worked perfectly.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Be sure Data Usage is turned on on your Android cell phone. Had a problem today and realized I wasn't receiving data. Turned on Data Usage and immediately worked perfectly.
Interesting. I'm at a loss with everything right now. I'll try that too. I could not disable Bluetooth no matter what I tried. Kept going to sync and bluetooth.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Let me know
Interesting. I'm at a loss with everything right now. I'll try that too. I could not disable Bluetooth no matter what I tried. Kept going to sync and bluetooth.
Let me know how how it goes. Synch and bluetooth doesn't seem to involved in Waze and Android Auto. I'm definitely not a techie so I can't give technical advice

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
14K+ miles, mechanically my sport has been outstanding so far. Recently I've had issue with WAZE navigation and Android Auto as the title states. I've tried a couple self fixes such as uninstall and reload both Android auto and waze, restart the phone. Currently when I start a trip, WAZE is good for about two turns then suddenly locks up.
I have filed logs with both AA and waze. I then tried disconnecting my pixel six with Android 13. Free from USB the WAZE app navigates just fine. So I'd say it's the handshake between AA and waze at issue. Today I just reloaded both Waze and aa again then deleted all data and cache files. I've yet to try using it so I'll have to wait until morning on the way to work.
Curious if anyone else is having similar issues?
Next option is to test the USB cord, then test my wife's apple phone and carplay to see if it's AA related or head unit mirroring.
I am using an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1
I usually use Apple Maps on CarPlay as my navigation. I have not used Waze in a long time. I used Waze through CarPlay yesterday for a 46 minute trip. I had no technical issues at all.

I do remember why I stopped using Waze. It just sucks.
Waze drains the phone’s battery.
The whole app is a mess.
The Waze voice drives me nuts.

Why are you still using an Android device? Google’s business model is tracking your every move and selling the data. Google knows when you use the toilet.

You can switch to a modern OS running on a much faster processor and pay the same monthly fee.

CarPlay is much better than Android Auto.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am using an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1
I usually use Apple Maps on CarPlay as my navigation. I have not used Waze in a long time. I used Waze through CarPlay yesterday for a 46 minute trip. I had no technical issues at all.

I do remember why I stopped using Waze. It just sucks.
Waze drains the phone’s battery.
The whole app is a mess.
The Waze voice drives me nuts.

Why are you still using an Android device? Google’s business model is tracking your every move and selling the data. Google knows when you use the toilet.

You can switch to a modern OS running on a much faster processor and pay the same monthly fee.

CarPlay is much better than Android Auto.
Everyone has preferences. I like the android platform, glad you like being a slave to the newest fruit phones. I like Waze and all the little extras. Thanks for your opinion, I'll file it away with similar things I've encountered in life. [Ignored]
And just a side note...if you live in such fear of being tracked I hope you don't have a smart phone, debit card, credit card, smart home anything. Hate to break it to you even fruit phones know everything you do. They have a very invasive platform. I'd suggest a wall phone in the wilderness, cash only, and for the love of God don't drive a modern car...you are being tracked with everything you do

Last edited:

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Everyone has preferences. I like the android platform, glad you like being a slave to the newest fruit phones. I like Waze and all the little extras. Thanks for your opinion, I'll file it away with similar things I've encountered in life. [Ignored]
And just a side note...if you live in such fear of being tracked I hope you don't have a smart phone, debit card, credit card, smart home anything. Hate to break it to you even fruit phones know everything you do. They have a very invasive platform. I'd suggest a wall phone in the wilderness, cash only, and for the love of God don't drive a modern car...you are being tracked with everything you do
Yes, I am being tracked. However, my phone OS does not have a business model that exists to sell my information.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
lololol...if you sincerely believe apple or any other brand isn't making money selling your info, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. My own COMPANY sold our emails and phone numbers to make a few extra bucks. It's 2022, corruption is a business model. Good luck. You want invisibility you must eliminate any digital anything, but hey...to each their own.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Possible update. While in Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl, tried setting up a betMGM account. I continued having issues. A popup showed location restriction (GPS) due to a VPN (SURFSHARK). Mind you I didn't even have it active. It asked to remove the app. And it got me thinking, perhaps in background function it was screwing with WAZE and GPS location as the VPN moves my location. So far, after removal, the WAZE app is acting normally. Just a heads up for anyone else who has issues and runs a VPN shield.
Sponsored