Waiting room

E229Lt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Expedition
My understanding, the production lines were silent all this week in Hermosillo. Anyone hear otherwise.
Sponsored

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
My understanding, the production lines were silent all this week in Hermosillo. Anyone hear otherwise.
Yeah they were shutdown this week due to shortages. I think it was announced a week or so ago. Seems like most ‘22 builds weren’t starting until next week anyway.

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah they were shutdown this week due to shortages. I think it was announced a week or so ago. Seems like most ‘22 builds weren’t starting until next week anyway.
They still have a ton of 2021 that still are not complete. I sure hope the finish those before starting the 2022.

todd92

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia, F-150 x2, Edge x2
They still have a ton of 2021 that still are not complete. I sure hope the finish those before starting the 2022.
The 2021's that aren't complete have been built and are waiting for various recalls. Doesn't impact the production line for 2022's.

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The 2021's that aren't complete have been built and are waiting for various recalls. Doesn't impact the production line for 2022's.
Mine is still waiting on the chip. So hopefully it gets pulled in before the first 2022 starts being built.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine is still waiting on the chip. So hopefully it gets pulled in before the first 2022 starts being built.
I think someone on here said they aren't running the finished june builds through the production line to put the chips in. I believe they are putting the chips in somewhere other than the actual production line. I could be very wrong though. Mine was a june build waiting on the RCM chip. it was finished 10/20 FWIW

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I think someone on here said they aren't running the finished june builds through the production line to put the chips in. I believe they are putting the chips in somewhere other than the actual production line. I could be very wrong though. Mine was a june build waiting on the RCM chip. it was finished 10/20 FWIW
You are correct. The ones with missing chips are being taken into their area where they do some of the accessory adds, etc. They are not being taken into the production line. Those with the fuel line recall are being sent to dealers without that fix and dealers are having to hold those until they are fixed. The 2022s are starting production next week.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Thanks for that info. Have the VIN but still waiting on a sticker! Ah well
Once a VIN is issued you have a production week. Ask your dealer to check their visibility report and give you that week. A window sticker is not issued until a couple days before the build starts. OTher than the window sticker link becoming active to a sticker, t he tracker will not move at all or change in what it says until the day your BS is being built.

Basically this is how it works

1. Order entered into system by dealer
2. Dealer receives a order confirmation from Ford (email is also sent to you). Feel free to get a DORA from your dealer which shows that Ford received in the order.
3. You wait again with NOTHING happening
4. Eventually Production week is set and VIN is issued (email is also sent to you) along with link to tracker.
5. NOTHING will happen and you will hear NOTHING at all until a couple days before the build. That could be weeks or a couple months depending on your production week.
6. Right before the build day the link to the window sticker will actually go to a sticker, You will not have a window sticker until then.
7. Build day arrives and the tracker will mark the “in production” button on the tracker with the date. (You will get an email) and the build begins which takes about 2 days
8. Build finishes and you should have estimate delivery date in tracker.
9. Quality checks etc, loaded on the rail and the tracker will change to shipped along with estimated delivery showing (you should get an email)
10. Once shipped, call your dealer and request the rail car number from their visibility report
11. Track your BS rail car using that (forum has a number of threads how to do this)
12. BS arrives at the designated rail stop and is loaded to a truck and goes to your dealer who then should notify you and start the prep on your BS.

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It’s going to say that until its in production which could be anytime from now until the end of the year. If you have a VIN and window sticker thats a good start.
Window stickers do not appear until a couple days before build Day.

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Once a VIN is issued you have a production week. Ask your dealer to check their visibility report and give you that week. A window sticker is not issued until a couple days before the build starts. OTher than the window sticker link becoming active to a sticker, t he tracker will not move at all or change in what it says until the day your BS is being built.

Basically this is how it works

1. Order entered into system by dealer
2. Dealer receives a order confirmation from Ford (email is also sent to you). Feel free to get a DORA from your dealer which shows that Ford received in the order.
3. You wait again with NOTHING happening
4. Eventually Production week is set and VIN is issued (email is also sent to you) along with link to tracker.
5. NOTHING will happen and you will hear NOTHING at all until a couple days before the build. That could be weeks or a couple months depending on your production week.
6. Right before the build day the link to the window sticker will actually go to a sticker, You will not have a window sticker until then.
7. Build day arrives and the tracker will mark the “in production” button on the tracker with the date. (You will get an email) and the build begins which takes about 2 days
8. Build finishes and you should have estimate delivery date in tracker.
9. Quality checks etc, loaded on the rail and the tracker will change to shipped along with estimated delivery showing (you should get an email)
10. Once shipped, call your dealer and request the rail car number from their visibility report
11. Track your BS rail car using that (forum has a number of threads how to do this)
12. BS arrives at the designated rail stop and is loaded to a truck and goes to your dealer who then should notify you and start the prep on your BS.
Thanks very much for this detailed info - very helpful. Funny, I’ve never received any emails from Ford (dealer checked that the correct email address was sent in with the order), and my dealer could only provide the VIN but no production date. At least I have a VIN - and didn’t imagine placing the order! Thanks again.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Thanks very much for this detailed info - very helpful. Funny, I’ve never received any emails from Ford (dealer checked that the correct email address was sent in with the order), and my dealer could only provide the VIN but no production date. At least I have a VIN - and didn’t imagine placing the order! Thanks again.
I wasn’t getting emails at first either. So I did the following
.You can always call Ford Marketing and give them the VIN and ask for the the current production week. They can look it up.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Mine is at the dealer. My salesman is out until Monday. I went and looked at and yeah it got my heart racing a little. :) We are going Monday morning for test drive and to make a final decision.

Going to be some tough decision making, BS now or order a Big Bronco for next year?

I checked the door sticker and it has a June production date. Saw something else that raises an eyebrow, total payload is 860lbs. Us and two friends might be too much weight for the little BS LOL.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Mine is at the dealer. My salesman is out until Monday. I went and looked at and yeah it got my heart racing a little. :) We are going Monday morning for test drive and to make a final decision.

Going to be some tough decision making, BS now or order a Big Bronco for next year?

I checked the door sticker and it has a June production date. Saw something else that raises an eyebrow, total payload is 860lbs. Us and two friends might be too much weight for the little BS LOL.
Fully loaded that bad boy didn’t you?:crackup:

A dude in the Bronco forum has a 05 LJ Wrangler the GVWR is 4600.

mods he has done 
 turbo, fenders, bumpers, 5 35" MT tires, aftermarket wheels, winch, aluminum skid plates, aluminum control arms, adj trackbars, antilock swaybars, lockers, HD brakes, manual hub kit, storage box in rear and more.

So the payload is technically only 140lbs. Must have his 5 year old drive the rig!!! :crackup:

Last edited:

SLang

Big Bend
First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Shipped! (Ordered July 30,2021) no hold with chips, no moon roof. 360+. Dealer is still supposedly honoring 1000 rebate as well as education promotion and will check to apply AXZ which I just became eligible for. Will update in a month! Can’t bare to put myself through tracking rail ?

C288A358-A0F2-4457-AF10-B28C7101DDA1.jpeg
Stevens is our dealership too. Tracked our BB from June to September and never saw any rail or trucking action. It appeared the Tuesday of the week it was scheduled to appear. Enjoy!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Fully loaded that bad boy didn’t you?:crackup:

A dude in the Bronco forum has a 05 LJ Wrangler the GVWR is 4600.

mods he has done 
 turbo, fenders, bumpers, 5 35" MT tires, aftermarket wheels, winch, aluminum skid plates, aluminum control arms, adj trackbars, antilock swaybars, lockers, HD brakes, manual hub kit, storage box in rear and more.

So the payload is technically only 140lbs. Must have his 5 year old drive the rig!!! :crackup:
LOL, Donut Media on YouTube built a Tacoma with the best of everything. It ended up being so heavy that they couldn't get it up a hill that the budget build did.

On my BS, the weight adders would be sunroof, 235's, 360+ and cargo management. Total I can't see them being 120 pounds more than base.
Sponsored