Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
07/23/21, just ordered a BS OB, OB Pkg (no moonroof), with 360+. The dealer is telling me 16-20 weeks. That seems rather optimistic but we shall see...
Your order may actually happen within that time frame - that is 4 to 5 months. November to December.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Well, my (sixth) scheduled build week is 7/26 and I just checked and saw that my status went "In Production" and the window sticker link popped up but the window sticker itself hasn't been released just yet, perhaps later toady? A HUGE step in the right direction!!! ?
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room BS BB with BB Pkg and Tow

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well, my (sixth) scheduled build week is 7/26 and I just checked and saw that my status went "In Production" and the window sticker link popped up but the window sticker itself hasn't been released just yet, perhaps later toady? A HUGE step in the right direction!!! ?
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room BS BB with BB Pkg and Tow
Read another article today stating vehicle chips are taking a positive turn as a firm in China (yeah...I know....I know...) Has vowed to help auto makers. The concern shifted to cell phones. So those of you in build/chip limbo, the projection was light at the end of the tunnel by late August.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
A lot of ppl on F150 forums are taking delivery of their trucks that were built then put in yards March/April. Fords is getting a lot of those completed shipped and into owners hands.

KateCT

Outer Banks
First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys. My dealer just called and said that Ford scheduled the build date but didn't give us a date just yet... He said we should receive the date and VIN soon. Just seems weird that they would tell him we scheduled it but not tell him the date. Anyone else experience this?

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Hey guys. My dealer just called and said that Ford scheduled the build date but didn't give us a date just yet... He said we should receive the date and VIN soon. Just seems weird that they would tell him we scheduled it but not tell him the date. Anyone else experience this?
First is your order date, next is Ford accepts the order, then you are given a scheduled build week(not day), subject to change depending on available parts and what you ordered. Some time approx. 1-2 weeks before actual build day you should get the VIN number , window sticker and the vehicle will move to "in production" . You won't get an actual build date , only a build week until its done. The dealer should be able to tell you the build week if he actually has one. With the VIN number and order number you then can torment yourself watching it on the tracker.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Congrats to all that are seeing progress with their orders! Quiet on my end...

John36

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
If my BS is built and shipped with all of the chips, how long can I expect delivery to take?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
From Mexico to MS - Less than 3 weeks.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford is not being totally honest with those of us who have ordered a Bronco Sport in good faith.
On 15 April, Ford stopped taking orders for the Badlands model.
I do not recall that a reason was given.
Speculation was that the Badlands package included the moon roof option which was presumed to be one of the supply problem areas, along with "chip problems"
The moon roof can be deleted from all other packages, but not from the Badlands package.
We have not been told why.
There are several things unique to the Badlands model, but chief among them is the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine.
Is this the real problem delaying the Badlands?
If so, why not tell us?
A search of dealers within 200 miles of me shows 31 Bronco Sports are currently available, but none are Badlands.
My order was confirmed 18 March but is still in order processing.
Neither Ford nor my dealer has ever told me why my order cannot be filled.
If and when Ford starts taking orders for 2022 Badlands models, my patience will likely be exhausted.

Ordered 3/18/21: Cyber Orange Badlands, Badlands Package, Tow Package, Copilot 360 Assist+, 235 AT tires, Cargo Mat

shopaholic-nic

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Update: Called the dealer, spoke to my sales rep and I have a VIN# and a build date!! Build date (or the build week as he explained) is the week of Aug 2! I have yet to receive any communication from Ford, so I need to clarify that detail with him again. He said it was fast, and that I'm likely ahead of schedule, fingers crossed?? he thinks this could be because we ordered it w/o the moonroof since we knew it wasn't an available option. Whereas they have older orders with the moonroof that they're still waiting on a supplier issue. So I'm potentially looking at Sept / Oct time frame if all goes well ?
Texted my dealer rep today and I have an actual build date of Wed 8/4/21. Seems we are still on time! I look forward to watching my Ford tracker check mark it's way through the process :handsinair:
Still no emails from Ford, all communication is coming thru my rep (which is me reaching out to him for updates). I saw my exact car driving up the Silverado Trail the other day and it was so cute!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford is not being totally honest with those of us who have ordered a Bronco Sport in good faith.
Speculation was that the Badlands package included the moon roof option which was presumed to be one of the supply problem areas, along with "chip problems"
The moon roof can be deleted from all other packages, but not from the Badlands package.
There are several things unique to the Badlands model, but chief among them is the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine.
If so, why not tell us?
A search of dealers within 200 miles of me shows 31 Bronco Sports are currently available, but none are Badlands.
If and when Ford starts taking orders for 2022 Badlands models, my patience will likely be exhausted.

Ordered 3/18/21: Cyber Orange Badlands, Badlands Package, Tow Package, Copilot 360 Assist+, 235 AT tires, Cargo Mat
Flat out it's the copilot 360+ and moon roof. All the other components are being built and delivered. I've also read where Ford is having a hard time with the 2.0 which was part of the "end" to badlands orders. It's a commodity issue. I'd bet they are trying to source and complete.

M&M

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
If so, why not tell us?

I ordered an identical car except the color on 10/1/20. Mine also sat in order processing for about 5 months. I was told delays were due to tow package, Badlands package, and 360+. My car finally got mostly built in June but is waiting on a chip, so I’m one of the ones stuck with a Halloween delivery date.
Sponsored