First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
What is the cutoff point you can make changes to your order? I thought as long as you don't have a window sticker you could alter the original order.
I think its a few weeks before production some changes can be made. But Ford does not offer a Badlands No Moonroof Package. No Moonroof Package is for Big Bend and Outer Banks only. So to take moonroof off of Balands you have to remove entire Badlands Package per Order Guide published in May...
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
I think its a few weeks before production some changes can be made. But Ford does not offer a Badlands No Moonroof Package. No Moonroof Package is for Big Bend and Outer Banks only. So to take moonroof off of Balands you have to remove entire Badlands Package per Order Guide published in May...
Yes BB and OB packages only, I was addressing his question deleting the moonroof on the OB , OB package he has on order. Not much help for the unfortunate people that ordered or want anything Badlands. I would have gladly ordered the BL, BL package less the moonroof if that would have been an option when I ordered but it wasn't. The entire Badland line was removed from ordering when I finally got around to ordering.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would have gladly ordered the BL, BL package less the moonroof if that would have been an option when I ordered but it wasn't.
Doesnt make any sense Ford won"t allow Badland orders to have the moonroofs remove but keep rest of Package. But that is how Ford wants to do it...

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
. The entire Badland line was removed from ordering when I finally got around to ordering.
There must be more shortages than the moonroof on the Badlands to the totally removed from ordering.

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
At this point I wish they would reach out and ask if you want to scrap the moonroof for a quicker build date.
I asked my dealer if I could get the moonroof removed from my BL/BL and still keep the remainder of the BL package and I was told no.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Just read this: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-everything-we-know.

Just what we need - another vehicle using many Bronco Sport parts.
Hope it doesn't offer a moon roof, 360, tow package, AC cruise control, etc.
Same manufacturing plant too. They are introducing too many new models at once without sufficient parts in the supply chain. Maverick should have waited a bit in order to fulfill delayed bronco sport orders first. But what do I know? I don't work for Ford ... I am only a customer, barring any further delays, who will wait six months from order placement to vehicle delivery.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
You should feel lucky. I ordered a cactus gray BL+BL with tow on 2/22. Build week went from 6/28 to 8/2 to 8/9. I basically gave up and my dealer is now looking for a new Wrangler for me. I fully expect the Bronco Sport build week to get pushed back again and again. Earlier I JOKED about having my Bronco in time to pick up our Thanksgiving turkey. Now it isn’t funny FMC. This experience has turned me sour on Ford.
I don't think that's fair. There are supply shortages and hold-ups everywhere. Go to Walmart Sunday in the evening the shelves are empty. I think Ford is just being as upfront as they can be given the supply chain issues, and all of these issues come from covid. Unless you desperately need a car, why not wait for the car you want.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I don't think that's fair. There are supply shortages and hold-ups everywhere. Go to Walmart Sunday in the evening the shelves are empty. I think Ford is just being as upfront as they can be given the supply chain issues, and all of these issues come from covid. Unless you desperately need a car, why not wait for the car you want.
Not true except maybe in your area. I get groceries every week at Walmart and the shelves are well stocked. Our Kohl’s store has as many clothes as ever and our Best Buy seems to be well stocked. At 67 I’m not going to wait forever for a Bronco Sport. Life is too short to wait 7 months.
I wonder how many small dealerships will go under due to Fords mistakes.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Point is solid but some are being pushed beyond unreasonable. While the dealer had little say in it, Ford has some control. I'm sure they will lose a lot of customers but at the same time probably gain a lot from circumstance. Just how it rolls as bad as it sucks. I feel for people like Jumbo. The dealer is getting pinched too but I guess people will line up for his order

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Point is solid but some are being pushed beyond unreasonable. While the dealer had little say in it, Ford has some control. I'm sure they will lose a lot of customers but at the same time probably gain a lot from circumstance. Just how it rolls as bad as it sucks. I feel for people like Jumbo. The dealer is getting pinched too but I guess people will line up for his order
As long as Ford is not placing dealer stock over customer orders, I think there is little complaint to be had.
Sponsored