dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I was wondering if people are having the same experience as me. I have a 22 Badlands. The gas pedal is very touchy. I barely have to touch it to get up to speed and when on the highway I just need to feather the pedal. I am not a fast driver but it is hard to keep this at the speed limit without using cruise.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My car is too fast. :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Very Touchy Gas Pedal -Badlands 7dq7nw

Seriously though, depending on the car you're coming from it may just be a matter of getting used to the power delivery. The 2.0L engine in the Badlands is quite powerful for its size, and your Bronco Sport is a relatively light vehicle. It accelerates quite rapidly compared to other vehicles in its class.

You may consider switching to ECO mode while you are getting used to the vehicle. ECO mode reduces throttle response (you have to step harder on the pedal to get the same power) and upshifts at lower RPM. The upshot is acceleration is a good deal slower unless you press hard on the accelerator pedal.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I agree. It's getting used to the 2.0. I've had it in two Escapes, and my wife has it in her BL. She's always commenting that she's going faster than she thought.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
My edge had a 2.0...and it was so fast!.......that is one powerful 4 cylinder.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
+1 on the eco mode. It’s still got more throttle response than our Hyundai ioniq does in its sport mode, but makes it much easier to drive reasonably. Do find the light pedal less fatiguing on long drives though, and have occasional use for most of those 250 horses on short passing zones in the mountains.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah just look at gas pedal and your hauling ass torque steer too if you push too much at low speeds. Lot of torque, light vehicle, and 8 speed trans to multiply that torque. All that is why I bought it and it delivers.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I know people say there’s very little difference between the 1.5 and the 2.0. But then they’ve also said I’m a little different too. I guess we are a match! Coming from a ‘95 Lightning, I appreciate the touchy gas pedal!
Sponsored