MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
With a slate grey roof? That is interesting.
The gray roof goes great with VB! I've been doing some photo editing out of curiosity to see how a white roof would potentially look with VB. I must say, I like it a lot and definitely want to look into having the roof of mine wrapped in white.
That VB looks very good, specially with the gray top, black would have not do it. Enjoy it.
Thanks all, I like how the grey ties together with the BL wheels and grille, but black looks good too. We were somewhat undecided but glad we went with the grey for something different. One of these days when the sun comes out I'll try to get some better pics....

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I think the bronze smoke might look better with the black roof but not feeling it overall

Van

Badlands
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Our Bronze Smoke Badlands is in production now…. Have to say I agree. We ordered the color having never seen it. Meh…. Wanted Kodiak, but oh well. I’m glad the Badlands has the black roof so that tones it down a bit. Is what it is, but yeah, not a fan of this color based on pics I’ve seen of the ’22 Aviator in Bronze Smoke and now this. In retrospect, I should have gone cactus grey or A51, but the wife really wanted to give the bronze a try. I wish it were darker mostly. I guess the golden choccy milk color wasn’t what I imagined when trying to envision “bronze smoke”.
I also have a Badlands on order in this color, sight unseen. I was trying to stay away from grays, along with dark or bright colors. Just hoping to get an uncommon color, and I do not think this color will be common.

These pics don’t do it for me either, but I do think this is a color that will have to be seen in person and good lighting. I am curious what this color does in sunlight.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
These pics don’t do it for me either, but I do think this is a color that will have to be seen in person and good lighting. I am curious what this color does in sunlight.
I’m curious to see it with my own eyes. Hoping it will be similar to the stone grey color but more red or “bronze”. Stone grey looks boring in all the pictures but pops in sunlight.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
If and when I get a big Bronco I'm definitely going with the Velocity Blue.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks all, I like how the grey ties together with the BL wheels and grille, but black looks good too. We were somewhat undecided but glad we went with the grey for something different. One of these days when the sun comes out I'll try to get some better pics....
Thanks for your pics, as they’re confirming my choice to go with the gray roof (with silver, one person’s pics on here convinced me to go that way) over black. It was a tough decision oddly, especially when black roofs seem to be the way premium trims of even cheap vehicles are going. I wanted less fad and more old school two tone and wanted to tie in the BL wheels & grille as well have something different. My logic was the same as yours.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Blue looks great. Not a fan of the gray roof option with any body color except maybe black. It clashes with large amount of gloss black trim on all of the pillars, the essentially black tint, and the roof rack in my opinion. too much going on with the body being one color, tons of black trim in the middle and then gray on top. Too busy.

Roonierella

Badlands
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Dodge Magnum, Chevy Tahoe
OMG! I love the blue! When did that color get added to the mix?! I ordered my BL Sport in early September in white and it is due for delivery this week...would have totally ordered the blue had it been available. Ford already dumped my sunroof from the build without notice, but now I am tempted to forgo the vehicle I ordered and reorder in the blue. Decisions!!!!

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
When did that color get added to the mix?!
It was added as an option for 2022. If you ordered in September it was available. Note that a moonroof is a separate option for 2022 also and not automatically included in the premium package. So it's more likely your salesperson dropped the ball on that, not Ford.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Love the velocity blue.

Roonierella

Badlands
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Dodge Magnum, Chevy Tahoe
It was added as an option for 2022. If you ordered in September it was available. Note that a moonroof is a separate option for 2022 also and not automatically included in the premium package. So it's more likely your salesperson dropped the ball on that, not Ford.
Actually, it was Ford on the moonroof. The order went in correctly from the dealership with the moonroof as an added item for my 2022 order (+$770) but Ford did a conversion on the orders and dropped it. Didn’t get caught until I saw the window sticker and by then it was too late. Torn whether or not to reorder. Will have to see how I feel about it when it arrives next week.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
If it was originally a 2021 order that converted to 2022, then yes it's possible it got dropped in the conversion since it became a stand-alone option.
Sponsored