MeTheGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
In NC they call it a vehicle property tax. They changed it from Luxury Tax. Yeah, like the Monopoly game. My first tax and registration renewal on my F150 3 years ago was almost $600. Pay taxes yearly as long as you own vehicles here. Hopefully my Bronco Sport will be less
Sponsored

Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
Here in Cali, the sales tax rate depends on which county & city you live in… up to almost 10% in some places… I paid 7.75% where I live ($3,500) plus $556 license fee for my 2022 Badlands…!!! The lic fee will go down slightly each year…😥

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
In GA we pay and Ad Velorum tax, 6.6% on the purchase and then $20.00 for tags each year on your birthday.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I got my vehicle tax / registration renewal ... and after driving for 20-months, and 18K-miles, it appreciated by > $5,000.

Time to sell? LoL.

Maybe theyre including the mods I picked-up in this forum.
Maine annual registration/tax is insane. Starts crazy high brand new (I could be looking at $800-1k) and gradually decreases for 5 years at which it stays. But given the low wages and cost of insurances I see in other states, it’s minimal. All relative I guess.

OP
OP
SWUKU

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Historically, the "Detroit Tax" drops the value of a car by $5K when you drive it off the dealers lot.

My KY Tax assessment is $5K more than the MSRP I paid almost 2-years ago; requiring nearly $1,000 in taxes, fees (due to the Market Value).

Glass 1/2 full, the BS is appreciating in value :thumbsup:

Glass 1/2 empty; some states pay A LOT less :oops:

And, I pay annually :eek:

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I just renewed my 21 BS, in Michigan it cost me $310. An additional $12 if you want the park pass.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Virginia resident. The personal property tax for vehicles threw me the first time I got the bill. We also own a cabin in Pennsylvania. The Pa cabin is taxed on a value about 1/8 of the taxed value of the VA house. But the Virginia house tax is only about 2x the tax we pay for the PA cabin. They get you somehow.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Wa enacted (via initiative because the legislature sucks) $30 car tabs over 20 years ago. Currently with added fees my annual renewal is up to $73. The state assessed vehicles at well over even market value and taxed based on that amount. People actually held onto old garbage cars because they couldn't afford the annual taxes on new cars.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
SoCal here. I paid 9.5% sales tax when I picked up the BS and approx $600 in license fees for '21 (don't remember and don't have paperwork in front of me). Just renewed license for '22 which cost me $460.
Luckily I live where I do; if I move 10 miles south the sales tax jumps to 10.25%. Yearly license fees are based on purchase price so vary a little depending on the deal you get.
Sponsored