Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Mine stays empty to keep the ventilation system clear.
Everything I need is kept in a, “Bug Home Bag” and an attachable pouch.
When, not If the Balloon goes up and an EMP kills my Baby Bronco I grab two things and vanish into the forest like a ghost.
I ain’t kidding.
:’/
My bug bag has a Henry Survival. 😁. Can’t keep it in the car incase I need to go on the base. Plus it’s too big, although light, and won’t fit in the storage.
online background
open tabs
OSINT
http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901 chatline tab & no.s stations
https://eam.watch Ukraine lead up was spicy
https://globe.adsbexchange.com *select "U" button
Sponsored

Thunderpuppy

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not happy about it, but I keep the rear seat headrests in there. 2022 model with the decontented rigid rear headrest, Of all the things they “removed” this is one that ticks me off. I flip the rear seat up and down more often than I have a rear passenger.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Not happy about it, but I keep the rear seat headrests in there. 2022 model with the decontented rigid rear headrest, Of all the things they “removed” this is one that ticks me off. I flip the rear seat up and down more often than I have a rear passenger.
You have my sympathy.

Just FYI -- I was (eventually) able to get our dealer to supply the folding headrests free of charge.

It took a bunch of calls and bouncing back and forth between Ford and the dealer.

Eventually I spoke with the GM at the dealership. I pointed out that:

* The 2021 BS has the folding headrests
* There was no indication that they would be deleted
* When we ordered our 2022 there was no literature at the dealership for 2022, only 2021
* The 2022 build tool does not mention the rear headrests, only the front
* Ford has said nothing about eliminating them
* There were/are(?) *Ford* photos of the 2022 with the folding headrests
* There are no holes to store the fixed headrests. Why no storage. Our '97 RAV4 has it.

My dealer did try to burn us on the MSRP increases/Price Protection and the $1,000 order credit, but they came through on this.

May be worth a try.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I didn't realize until now that I don't have under seat storage. 2022 Outer Banks. Sucks, but I've had it for about 8 weeks and haven't needed it yet, so I think I'll survive.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't realize until now that I don't have under seat storage. 2022 Outer Banks. Sucks, but I've had it for about 8 weeks and haven't needed it yet, so I think I'll survive.
Trade it for a BL ASAP! :cool:

To be honest, WRT Thunderpuppy's post above, it did not occur to me -- or apparently to anyone at Ford or the dealer who I spoke to about the lack of storage for the headrests -- that we could keep them in the under seat storage.

That's clearly better than tossing them on the floor, but still not great, because:

* It's much quicker and easier to press a button and fold the headrests forward.
* Using the way-cool, top-secret storage space for headrests means the owner cannot use the space for much more important, mission-critical, *tactical* items!

Seriously, storage space is at a premium in almost all vehicles, and the BS is no exception. Not having it is not the end of the world, but it is a good place for: tools; an air compressor; a first aid kit; or a shackle hitch receiver (for those with the tow package).

Putting the fixed headrests in there is a good idea, but is not necessary with the folding headrests.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Trade it for a BL ASAP! :cool:

To be honest, WRT Thunderpuppy's post above, it did not occur to me -- or apparently to anyone at Ford or the dealer who I spoke to about the lack of storage for the headrests -- that we could keep them in the under seat storage.

That's clearly better than tossing them on the floor, but still not great, because:

* It's much quicker and easier to press a button and fold the headrests forward.
* Using the way-cool, top-secret storage space for headrests means the owner cannot use the space for much more important, mission-critical, *tactical* items!

Seriously, storage space is at a premium in almost all vehicles, and the BS is no exception. Not having it is not the end of the world, but it is a good place for: tools; an air compressor; a first aid kit; or a shackle hitch receiver (for those with the tow package).

Putting the fixed headrests in there is a good idea, but is not necessary with the folding headrests.
They would never fit in that little storage bin . Not even close . A pair of gloves and some badges and your 40 Glock.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They would never fit in that little storage bin . Not even close .
Absolutely right. It's not very much space.

I should have put "or" between each item, not just in front of the last. Just being lazy.

Reactions: Jrl

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I could get both in there but it’s tight. They will also fit in the Molle straps. Personally, they get thrown on the floor. Seems like lots of extra room there. The ones for the Escape sat in the basement for 15 years. Those had to come out unlike these where you can just move up the front seat until you fold the back seat down.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
How many still remember the six pack rings? You could fold a six pack in half and slide under the back seat of a CJ5/7. Since there’s a little removable tray, perhaps best used as an emergency roadie cooler.

Renee Soss

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
2022 Bronco Sport Outerbanks (3/28 became owner)...
I don't have back seat storage. What is up with that?

Last edited:

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
2022 Bronco Sport Outerbanks (3/28 became owner)...
I don't have back seat storage. What is up with that?
Only the Badlands has it

Renee Soss

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I looked in my owners manual and it showed that i had one but couldnt find a latch; searched for about 15 minutes thinking I was blind. Kind of figured it out after a while. A shame info was in my owners manual though.
Thanks for your reply.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked in my owners manual and it showed that i had one but couldnt find a latch; searched for about 15 minutes thinking I was blind. Kind of figured it out after a while. A shame info was in my owners manual though.
Thanks for your reply.
It seems Ford decided to have one manual for all 4 trims. That's generally OK, but can trip an owner up if (say) they have a 1.5L engine and they inadvertently look at the 2.0L section, or vice versa.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Is there any ability to retro fit underseat storage in the back? I haven’t really tried to get under the back seat but a vault or storage bin of some type would be nice.

I do however have an engine cover, folding rear headrests, under dash panel, temp displayed on dial, dash mount rear hatch release, illuminated start/stop button and awesome one year only Rapid Red. Damn I’m lucky. 😀