Unbuckling Seat Belt Muting Radio

BFunk II

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL/BL
Is there a setting that can be adjusted to keep the radio from muting when you unbuckle your seat belt? I can live with it as a driver because I am aware of it but it happens with the passenger seat as well? If I am listening to a ball game and a Hail Mary goes up and my passenger all the sudden wants to unbuckle for what ever reason...I don't want to have to scream at my copilot to put their seat belt back on. I looked thru the manual and could not find anything. Anybody know anything about this saftey feature?
Sponsored

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have driven around without a seat belt buckled and my stereo works as it should. Guess I'll have to try what you're describing here.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Is there a setting that can be adjusted to keep the radio from muting when you unbuckle your seat belt? I can live with it as a driver because I am aware of it but it happens with the passenger seat as well? If I am listening to a ball game and a Hail Mary goes up and my passenger all the sudden wants to unbuckle for what ever reason...I don't want to have to scream at my copilot to put their seat belt back on. I looked thru the manual and could not find anything. Anybody know anything about this saftey feature?
Check the manual for seatbelt warning chimes, you can turn settings on/off. That might be it, maybe...... ?

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine doesn't mute when you unbuckle either, but I've only done that while listening to SiriusXM, not to an OTA station.

OP
OP
BFunk II

BFunk II

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL/BL
Check the manual for seatbelt warning chimes, you can turn settings on/off. That might be it, maybe...... ?
I tried a few times and would get stuck at the part where it says seatbelt warning light should flash after buckling/unbuckling 3x's but never flashes after I do it.

Ford Bronco Sport Unbuckling Seat Belt Muting Radio BAudio

OP
OP
BFunk II

BFunk II

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL/BL
That sounds like a MyKey feature tied to the 2nd fob for teenage drivers.
That sounds right but cant seam to find any info about it in the manual. I also don't have the Admin Key on me at the moment. Maybe thats why I couldn't get the previous attempt that ScareCrow suggested.

I will have to try with my Admin Key when I get home. Thanks for everyones help.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I tried a few times and would get stuck at the part where it says seatbelt warning light should flash after buckling/unbuckling 3x's but never flashes after I do it.

Ford Bronco Sport Unbuckling Seat Belt Muting Radio BAudio
Yeah, looks like a hassle, timing is everything........

Ford Bronco Sport Unbuckling Seat Belt Muting Radio seatbelt_warnin

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I already have 3" front seatbelt extensions in both front seats. Takes care of any issues like this. Got them from the dealer when I ordered my Sport.
Sponsored