Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It does that to make the turn signal easier to spot in daytime. Hence it functions like that when the DRL is active. At night, both lights will illuminate.

If it bugs you in a way that makes you think other drivers are giving you the side eye about it, then reach over and turn the knob from AUTO to ON. That's one click to the right. The lights function as if it is dark, except you get dinged at when you open the door and leave them on. One click to the left will illuminate only the parking lamps and other people on the road will again give you the side eye.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LGAVERY53

LGAVERY53

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco Sport
HeyšŸ˜œ
I was just out at dark and was checking things, needless to say I couldnā€™t get the Auto lights mode to go to DRL. BUT, when I turned from Auto to manual and set the switch to DRL and turned turn signals onā€¦ the DRL STAYED ON! So hey that kinda blows a lot of the comments out of the water.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
HeyšŸ˜œ
I was just out at dark and was checking things, needless to say I couldnā€™t get the Auto lights mode to go to DRL. BUT, when I turned from Auto to manual and set the switch to DRL and turned turn signals onā€¦ the DRL STAYED ON! So hey that kinda blows a lot of the comments out of the water.
What switch did you think is "set to DRL"? There is no DRL setting on the headlamp control knob. If you manually turn the lights on, then yes, both are active.

OP
OP
LGAVERY53

LGAVERY53

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Turn signal turns driving light on that side off while in use 060EE33A-5C46-4684-9DE1-4C3D5753206D
Ford Bronco Sport Turn signal turns driving light on that side off while in use 060EE33A-5C46-4684-9DE1-4C3D5753206D

There are 4 ā€˜settingsā€™ or positions
-Off
-DRL (Iā€™m assuming this is what this setting is)
-Auto Headlights On
-Headlights

The turn signal did not turn the Driving Lights off in the second position.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There are 4 ā€˜settingsā€™ or positions
-Off
-DRL (Iā€™m assuming this is what this setting is)
-Auto Headlights On
-Headlights

The turn signal did not turn the Driving Lights off in the second position.
According to the owner's manual (pg 79), that position is for:

Parking lamps, instrument panel
lamps, license plate lamps and
rear lamps.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Nope not like that, position 1 is Off. Pos. 2 is the parking lights. Pos 3 is Automatic and Pos. 4 is On.

OP
OP
LGAVERY53

LGAVERY53

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco Sport
Well in Automatic position the ā€œParking lightsā€ are on during the dayā€¦ what I consider driving lights. They go off with the turn signal in that position, but not in the ā€œParking Lightsā€ position.
I donā€™t care what we call them.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Position 2 is parking lights, what my daughterā€™s generation called ā€˜cooliesā€™. Itā€™s what I use to dim my lights at the sentry going on base. Driving with just the parking lights on is ticket able in some jurisdictions. Just an FYI.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Well in Automatic position the ā€œParking lightsā€ are on during the dayā€¦ what I consider driving lights. They go off with the turn signal in that position, but not in the ā€œParking Lightsā€ position.
I donā€™t care what we call them.
Actually the ā€œparking lightsā€ operated in position 2 include the front and rear lights. The DRLs only are the front lights.

prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
I've owned my '22 Bronco Sport Badlands for 6 months now, have made a few changes to the exterior... mine is Oxford White and had white lettering on the rear liftgate! Terrible look in my opinion so I purchase new "Bronco Sport" lettering in black to replace them. Much better look. I do have another pet peeve though, I do not like the way the front turn signals turn off the adjacent driving light...why? I spoke to a local Ford Service department about it and he said Ford wouldn't touch the current set up. Safety Issue?? All he could suggest is that a third party may come out with a "fix" for this, any comments?

Ford Bronco Sport Turn signal turns driving light on that side off while in use IMG_0942
Where do you purchase the black letters and how much did they cost. I own a BadLand sport 2021

prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
I've owned my '22 Bronco Sport Badlands for 6 months now, have made a few changes to the exterior... mine is Oxford White and had white lettering on the rear liftgate! Terrible look in my opinion so I purchase new "Bronco Sport" lettering in black to replace them. Much better look. I do have another pet peeve though, I do not like the way the front turn signals turn off the adjacent driving light...why? I spoke to a local Ford Service department about it and he said Ford wouldn't touch the current set up. Safety Issue?? All he could suggest is that a third party may come out with a "fix" for this, any comments?

Ford Bronco Sport Turn signal turns driving light on that side off while in use IMG_0942
Where do you purchase the black letters and how much did they cost. I own a BadLand sport 2021

CaptainNedVT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If you've enabled DRLs in the Vehicle Settings in Sync, the LED bars will come on in the parking light position at half intensity. They will NOT shut off in response to the turn signal.

OP
OP
LGAVERY53

LGAVERY53

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Ford Bronco Sport
Purchased online:
LevittownFordParts.comā€¦ the letters were in the $120 range, ā€œBroncoā€ emblem was about $32.
Sponsored